Scorpion And Sub 56% Combos

While those are impressive, it'd be hard to pull against a human player that could use a breaker to get out of it.

Here is another jump punisher combo, it's 38%, it's has more hits, looks cool, but ultimately ends up in less damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3aKF1kuSO0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You won't always get to punish jumps, so here are two very do-able condos based off the spear as the starter.

42% off the spear, with no meter spent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G87CaM3xxgE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

46% off the spear, with no meter spent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWmZPrAclU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hope you enjoy guys.

While those are impressive, it'd be hard to pull against a human player that could use a breaker to get out of it.

Yes, your opponent will have a breaker sometimes, but thats their choice, use the combos, make them spend their meter.
That's the point of a combo isnt it?

If you combo and they break, then fantastic, you have a result from that, the opponent using the breaker is what you want them to do.

It seems well balanced, the combo system has MASSIVE damage scaling on it. You have to push it right to the wire to get high damage.

By the end of the kombo your x-ray is doing 10% max. Doesn't seem broken to me so far.

It seems well balanced, the combo system has MASSIVE damage scaling on it. You have to push it right to the wire to get high damage.

By the end of the kombo your x-ray is doing 10% max. Doesn't seem broken to me so far.

Getting 46% damage off of the spear (which doesn't have nearly enough recovery) doesn't seem broken? Oh and it doesn't take any meter.

No, it's not broken. Not at all.

Have you ever played UMK3 and performed Human smoke or Kabals combos?

And they didn't even have meter or combo breakers back then, and the combo damage in this game isnt pushing higher than then?

I think you have a lot of upward digging to do here with your next reply...

Last edited:
I think you should.

Why? Because I don't like the Blazblue/MVC3 school of fighting game balance? Because I think a combo that takes just about 50% health, costs no meter, and starts with a projectile that isn't punishable on block is broken? Sorry I don't judge characters on the "at least he's not gill" system.

This game is definitely not broken...I will honestly say this is the most balanced MK to date...these combos are very difficult to pull off...(though I will admit I've got some of cage's down but he is not a heavy hitter). You get punished for making mistakes in this game...as you should! Thanks for checking out my vids Locust...I can't wait to get home and try out some of yours:)

holy balls.. dam you guy.. i could do it with practice, goddamit i want the demo in aus.. no fair! lol.

Why? Because I don't like the Blazblue/MVC3 school of fighting game balance? Because I think a combo that takes just about 50% health, costs no meter, and starts with a projectile that isn't punishable on block is broken? Sorry I don't judge characters on the "at least he's not gill" system.

Man, your way out of your depth here.

Have you even played the demo yet? let alone trying to attempts these frame tight combos?

It's very simple, the easy combos such as 1 1 spear, forward 2,1 4 will get you 25%, but as you add juggles into dashes, And interrupting dashes within your combos you will be rewarded for it, plus the damage scaling is taking effect the entire time, and dialing combos isn't in play anymore...very very difficult. What more do you want?

Man, your way out of your depth here.

Have you even played the demo yet? let alone trying to attempts these frame tight combos?

It's very simple, the easy combos such as 1 1 spear, forward 2,1 4 will get you 25%, but as you add juggles into dashes, And interrupting dashes within your combos you will be rewarded for it, plus the damage scaling is taking effect the entire time, and dialing combos isn't in play anymore...very very difficult. What more do you want?

Less damage is what I want. Regardless of how hard the combos are to perform the damage needs to come down a bit. And fortunately it probably will.

These combos won't work if the final build has some rules similar to the classic games, in the old games you can't jump after scorpion's spear because the stun wears off as soon as you jump, you can go play any 2d mk and see that this is true, plus the have limits on how many times you can use a special move. Oh and that Scorpion X-ray in the first video, damage protection was activated so that was a bad way to end your combo, it didn't do much damage