Score and Recommend movies

Fox17

I dont freaking now if there is a thread for this, but Im a movie fan and I like almost every crap I watch and I make this thread so we can score the movies we recently watched.

This is what I watched in the last month.

priest_poster.jpg

Score: 5
The trailers decieve you, it seemed to be an awesome actions/sci-fi movie, but ends up being boring and cliche.

-------------------------------------------------------

5.green-lantern-movie-poster.jpg

Score:7
It was nice, but there was too much plot and dialogues and not so many action and effects =/, still good movie IMO.

capitan-america-pelicula-caratula.jpg

Score: 8
I really liked it, it has action and plot, unlike GL that only has plot. Is at least the best super hero movie I've seen this year and I really like the modern touch they gave to his costume, they should do this with other heroes like superman.
BTW, the movie is set during the World War II.
I watched it in 2D, and dont regreth about it, I dont think is a movie for 3D.

1318514.jpg

Score:10

IMO is excellent is of the best I've seen this year, it doesnt follow the formula of the epic fail that was the "Planet of the Apes" (2001) directed by Tim Burton.
The movie has a really good plot IMO, good effects and it's different, I dont know how to explain it, but if you like sci-fi I highly recommed it.

Ok Fox, I will share in this thread.

i4ms9j.jpg

I recently downloaded Paul, and It's not that bad.
It's got it's stupid ass cliche moments but overall I thought it was good.
6/10 (Reccomended for a few chuckles)

I saw Paul too, yeah is a 6 or 7 not more than that, is not a great movie but it has its funny moments lol

The-smurfs-poster-final.jpg

score: 7, it had action a lot of comedy.. Neil Patrick Harris is cool in this movie, the cast was huge

Punkt_naznocheniya_5.jpg

score: 8, a lot of suspense.. check it out if you got time, some of the scenes will make you want to laugh, the best scenes were part of the trailers

Last edited:
super-8-movie-poster.jpg

Super 8

Score: 10/10. Personally, one of my favorite movies. The acting's good, it's got nice humor, and (Bonus!) It's set in Ohio, my home state. I highly recommend this movie. Also, stay during the credits.
Spoiler:
Nothing big, but the movie they were filming during the actual movie is completed. It's kinda produced funny, because the people that made it were kids, but it's pretty nice. Good reference to George Romero as well.

transformers3-poster3.jpg

score: 8/10, if you want to give it a higher score go for it.. Mr. Chou (Ken Jeong) from the Hangover made this movie funnier, Shia is okay with Megan Fox's replacement Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Soundwave, Megatron and the Decepticons are up to no good

Rise of the Planet of the Apes
8/10 best science fiction movie I've seen in a long time. It was very original and stood up on its own, without being in the shadow of the earlier movies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Saw the Devil
9/10 great movie but I think it went a little too far in some parts. it was hard to watch, but definitively worth it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noriko's Dinner Table
10/10 Such a bold statement on Japanese society, a must see to anyone who likes culture or archetypes. the movie makes you feel uneasy and fascinated at the same time. you see themes in the movie you have never seen before but you understand them completely. This movie is a krazy ride, do yourself a favor and experience it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let Me In
7/10 it was a great movie but it doesn't live up to the original film. they both had basically the same story but the first was just better. The first movie wasn't dated at all, it shouldn't have been remade, but im glad that the movie got great remake !

I saw that movie from the 80's and I though it was very common, not that good a 6 or 7 =/

I read they are making the remake, but starring a woman.

It's one of my favorite sci-fi movies of course I grew up watching 80's horror and sci-fi.

As for the "remake" it actually supposed to be a prequal aswell. It's supposed to show what happened to the Norwegians from the first film. I'm cautiously optimistic about it but for me, I doubt it will touch JC's version.

Let Me In
7/10 it was a great movie but it doesn't live up to the original film. they both had basically the same story but the first was just better. The first movie wasn't dated at all, it shouldn't have been remade, but im glad that the movie got great remake !

I actually like them both. I did feel the kids in LMI had a little better chemistry though. However I liked the death of the neighbor better in LTROI (you actually felt kinda sorry for her) and I also liked how Eli showed remorse after killing. Not that I think Abby in LMI didn't feel remorseful, but it didn't show as much. Indeed though while I love both, Let the Right One is was fine on it's own but at least the American version was great too imo.

It's one of my favorite sci-fi movies of course I grew up watching 80's horror and sci-fi.

As for the "remake" it actually supposed to be a prequal aswell. It's supposed to show what happened to the Norwegians from the first film. I'm cautiously optimistic about it but for me, I doubt it will touch JC's versiont.

the remake is made by some no name director ( seems to be the only ppl doing horror these days)
so this movie with give him fame no matter how bad it is, but you never know maybe he has a passion for this kind of thing.

I actually like them both. I did feel the kids in LMI had a little better chemistry though. However I liked the death of the neighbor better in LTROI (you actually felt kinda sorry for her) and I also liked how Eli showed remorse after killing. Not that I think Abby in LMI didn't feel remorseful, but it didn't show as much. Indeed though while I love both, Let the Right One is was fine on it's own but at least the American version was great too imo.

couldn't have said it better myself ;)

Dont let this thread die!!!!!

scream4.7.jpg

Score: 6
Just another ghostface movie.

cowboys-aliens-movie-poster.jpg

Score: 6
It was pretty boring, nice effects but too cliche and predictible also I love sci fi, but this movie went to far with Olivia Wilde's character, it crossed the line between Sci-Fi and Fantasy, 2 very different things that should not be mixed.

pirates-of-the-caribbean-on-stranger-tides-international-poster.jpg

Score: 9
Surprisingly great, I really liked it, I recommend it.

next_three_days.jpg

Score: 9.5
Awesome movie, you watch the movie and you can't tell if Russel Crowe will be succesful with his ambicious plan or not. Just awesome.

thor-movie-poster-1.jpg

Score: 8
I really liked it, can't wait for "The Avengers", remember to wait after the credits, there is a scene after them.

fast-and-furious-five-rapido-y-furioso-5-poster.jpg

Score: 9
No, im not trolling, the movie is fun and full of action and effects, I really liked it, I think is the best one of the 5 movies, also remember to watch the scene after the credits, I smell F&F6 lol

TRANSFORMERS: 5/10 - Good for what its purpose, but far from a good movie. There was such a ridiculous amount of brain dead, CGI action that I actually zoned a few times. Oh yeah, and I hate Shia LeBouf.

COWBOYS AND ALIENS: 6/10 - The movie relies on a threadbare plot and has a few really stupid moments, but gets a few extra points for acting and the action sequences.

X-MEN FIRST CLASS: 7/10 - Decent origin story and semi-reboot to the X-Men films and Kevin Bacon was a great villain. Loses points for including a character whose only purpose in the movie was to die (literally, after like 10 minutes of being on the screen) and another whose only purpose was to defect (again, after like 10 minutes of screen time)