Reptile got the shaft, again.

Scorpion is japanese and he has an asian look because of that (you can see it in the shape of his eyes).

Sub-Zero is chinese, however his mother is american and his father is a cryomancer so he looks like a caucasian person.
Sub-Zero looks like Henry Rollins. He's definitely a Yankee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Sometimes I don't know about this backstories of Scorpion and Sub-Zero being kept as canon.

I'm not saying the Mythologies game, but the things that were beyond their story, and were never in a game.

Things like Sub-Zero's sister, Takeda being the founder of Lin Kuei, yellow to mock Lin Kuei (makes no sense, Cyrax does not mock himself), and this "half-American" thing of Sub-Zero.

About the last one, that you are discussing, look at this:

Look at their parents. And look at where they were living.

I don't understand the logic behind "You're blue then I'll mock you by wearing yellow".

Is there something I'm missing?

I don't understand the logic behind "You're blue then I'll mock you by wearing yellow".

Is there something I'm missing?

Totally BS. I don't know what was on Tobias' mind to think about it.

And really? You will put your own clan to wear a color just to mock?

I think that was something when Lin Kuei = blue (except for Grandmaster).

Really believe the Shirai Ryu are yellow because they are yellow.

scorpions shoulders are way too big and are like perfect round circles :/ the proportions and size of his arms compared to the rest of him are very odd and unnatural looking

It's cause right after MK9 he started taking steroids. Sometimes he even cooks them. He couldn't take the fame anymore. They help him relax.

The canon Sub-Zero MK9 default (Kuai-Liang) and Sub-Zero costume #2 (Bi-Han), both have Asian features and they come from an Asian family.

I'd love it if NRS retconned the Subz brothers to being Chinese, full stop. No white features. But I guess with Kuai's appearance in the comics, that's not gonna happen.

The canon Sub-Zero MK9 default (Kuai-Liang) and Sub-Zero costume #2 (Bi-Han), both have Asian features and they come from an Asian family.

Sometimes it seems the team are struggling with the mythology themselves... Which is kinda... I dunno... lame?

But I guess with Kuai's appearance in the comics, that's not gonna happen.

Don't know, Scorpion is japanese and, though well drawn, still not as japanese as we know.

But that's art. Notice that in the game unmasked Scorpion is asian, and unmasked Sub-Zero is asian.

Remembering that, in the comics, Sub-Zero attacked the base of Red Dragon on CHINA.

Maybe it was just near him.

And totally agreed, this half american/chinese is just something to make Sub-Zero more pleasing to the american view.

After MK9 and his vingette, I think they are full chinese, considering his parents and the place they were taken.

In all honesty I just see a bunch of Asian stereotypes and Japanese + Chinese elements mixed together because they don't know better and don't care to know (and I include that Sub-Zero trailer). That's what MK has always been about.

Don't lose your heads trying to understand. They'll never get it right using such a stereotypical foundation.

Even people on TYM and other MK forums are saying that Reptile looks and sounds like shit. Hopefully they fix him before release.

In all honesty I just see a bunch of Asian stereotypes and Japanese + Chinese elements mixed together because they don't know better and don't care to know (and I include that Sub-Zero trailer). That's what MK has always been about.

Don't lose your heads trying to understand. They'll never get it right using such a stereotypical foundation.

Well, but not even Street Fighter does it right.

I mean, they keep saying Ryu (Riú, e não RÁI IÚ :laugh: ) is japanese, but hell...and he is only one.

Even people on TYM and other MK forums are saying that Reptile looks and sounds like shit. Hopefully they fix him before release.

Oh, then it MUST be the truth for EVERYONE, right?! RIGHT?!?!

lol XD

I don't care what other people say though. I think he looks cool and I like the voice they gave him, not to mention his gameplay looks fun as usual. Though I don't care for his main outfit though, I really like his alt. ^^

Oh, then it MUST be the truth for EVERYONE, right?! RIGHT?!?!

lol XD

I don't care what other people say though. I think he looks cool and I like the voice they gave him, not to mention his gameplay looks fun as usual. Though I don't care for his main outfit though, I really like his alt. ^^

If a lot of people are saying the same thing then yes, it's true. There were a lot of people "complaining" about MK9 and those things got fixed for MKX. Same size body types, too slutty females, etc.

If a lot of people are saying the same thing then yes, it's true. There were a lot of people "complaining" about MK9 and those things got fixed for MKX. Same size body types, too slutty females, etc.

There's a difference in opinion and truth.

MK9 sharing the same body types across the roster = truth.
Reptile being ugly = opinion.

It's not the same thing. Truth is, Reptile looks like a humanoid reptile. Opinion is whether you think it looks cool or ugly. I think it looks cool, you think it looks ugly. However, neither of them will never become "truth".

Born in America means American. That is a standard in real life, by the way. Says so in the 14th Amendment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

There is no place shown that Bi-Han and Kuai Liang are half-American in the new timeline. In Sub-Zero's MK9 vignette, they were all shown to be Chinese and ONLY Chinese. There was no hints of them having any sort of American heritage.

Now, please, this thread is about Reptile. Please stop derailing it.