Relatives from the revenants to be playable next game?

Ever since MKX, we got.....

- Cassie Cage: daughter of Johnny Cage & Sonya Blade
- Takeda Takahashi: son of Kenshi
- Kung Jin: cousin of Kung Lao
&
- Jacqui Briggs: daughter of Jax Briggs

So now... since the revenants... any new family members to join in next game?

Cause the only one I'm thinking if Jacqui would be leaving the fighting and be a communicato is Nightwolf. If Nightwolf had like... a niece or nephew for example, she or he would perhaps find a way to bring Nightwolf back so that he can formulate a plan in bringing back the others.

Last edited:
Nightwolf doesn't need a niece or nephew, or other relative.
Plus, we have Kotal Kahn as the new tribesman now.
Hell, if they brought Nightwolf back if would be pretty cool (IMO) to see a story where Kotal and Nightwolf's tribes are sworn enemies, regardless of whether it's canon or not with real world history.
The later games even spoke of Nightwolf being a sin-eater for his tribe, which would be awesome to see NRS expand upon.

Make it so, NRS.
Osh-Tekk vs Apache for MK11.
Those should be 2 new factions for MK11.

Last edited:
I would rather stick with the kids we have now instead of having new ones. It would be nice to give new characters another chance than have them in one game and get thrown out of the spotlight by a brand new bunch of children.

That and I would prefer seeing Nightwolf in over anyone related to him or is a member of his clan. The character is soooooo underrated it's not even funny.

- Cassie Cage: daughter of Johnny Cage & Jax Briggs
This is an interesting twist.

0_bc23a_3ec2f69d_XL.jpg

But seriously - no, MK is not Sopranos or Santa Barbara after all

I really don't want any more children in the future games. Kung Jin is alright because the Kung family has always been involved with the MK tournament. Takada, I suppose I can deal with if he's a sidekick for Scorpion/Kenshi. But with Cassie, there's no need to have her parents around in the same game. If there was anymore of that in X's roster, we'd have a really pointless roster with lack of diversity. Jacqui and Jax might have to take turns in a game. Depends on what the majority prefers.

But Nightwolf doesn't need a neice or anything like that. We just need Nightwolf. Nightwolf is a character that could live on for a long time because of the magic he's involved in. Honestly, they could make up anything to keep older characters around. Take Johnny Cage's MKX ending for example.

Anymore children is just going to make a mess of the series. What if we decide we want the older ones back, what are we going to do with all these children around? We'd end up with a game with nothing but relatives killing each other. That's a lot of things wrong with that. Its not nessesary. We just need those older beloved characters to stick around.

Last edited:
All I care about at this point (when it comes to children or relatives) is that Sub Zero gets someone to possibly take his role. He's getting to be an old man now. I'm surprised he didn't have a kid in MKX.

I'm not expecting one of Nightwolf's relatives to be a shaman like him.

Let's say if Nightwolf does have a niece. What if took up the power of a druid? MK doesn't have a plant user yet. She can control nature. If she does have some shamanic powers like her uncle, she can bring him back easily and together they'll formulate a plan on bringing back the other revenants.

And my bad on the mix up on Cassie.

While I am not too too fond of the new characters, mainly (the offspring) I do like where your idea was heading. But that poses the question if they were to bring a character related to or had some relation to Nightwolf and their main goal was to bring him back. We they be a one off character?

I had an idea on this a while ago. It was, since Nightwolf has the strongest connection to the spirit world, while in death and under Quan Chi's control, his spirit began cleansing itself of the darkness and while it took a long time he was eventually cleansed and ascended to the Heavens where he was met by the Elder Gods who restored his life and in return was given a mission. At least thats what i thought of for his story if he was to be a DLC character.

[MENTION=5232]Ricochetmatt[/MENTION]

Why go back to square one again? Lets see Kuai become an ageless god.

There's no good reason for him to become an ageless God. He's a cryomancer... That's it. He's getting old. He should be passing his skills on to someone else. Frost is a dud as she has no chill (lol) whatsoever. I'd like to see Sub Zero seek out another cryomancer to one day replace him. Besides, so long as there's *a* Sub Zero, most people probably aren't going to care which one. All NRS needs is the title and to put the character in a costume that resembles the iconic blue ninja. *shrug*

I don't know. Making Kuai become some immortal God for no reason other than to keep him around in the series is wasted potential and sloppy writing. But then again, it's Mortal Kombat.

There's no good reason for him to become an ageless God. He's a cryomancer... That's it. He's getting old. He should be passing his skills on to someone else. Frost is a dud as she has no chill (lol) whatsoever. I'd like to see Sub Zero seek out another cryomancer to one day replace him. Besides, so long as there's *a* Sub Zero, most people probably aren't going to care which one. All NRS needs is the title and to put the character in a costume that resembles the iconic blue ninja. *shrug*

I don't know. Making Kuai become some immortal God for no reason other than to keep him around in the series is wasted potential and sloppy writing. But then again, it's Mortal Kombat.

I don't see a good reason for a new Sub-Zero unless he's going to bring something new. Otherwise, its back tracking like I said, unless he's already on Kuai's level. Then at that point, its just for the sake of a new name. I personally just want to see Kaui progress like he did in the old series. This is one of those things about the old timeline I say: if its not broke, don't fix it. But that's just me.

Just off to the side: In his Armageddon ending, he had become a false ice god. Was just an ending. But it could be interesting if they did something with that concept.

I don't see a good reason for a new Sub-Zero unless he's going to bring something new. Otherwise, its back tracking like I said, unless he's already on Kuai's level. Then at that point, its just for the sake of a new name. I personally just want to see Kaui progress like he did in the old series. This is one of those things about the old timeline I say: if its not broke, don't fix it. But that's just me.

Just off to the side: In his Armageddon ending, he had become a false ice god. Was just an ending. But it could be interesting if they did something with that concept.

Well hopefully the introduction of a new character WOULD bring something new to the table... At least it should. Whether or not I have enough faith in NRS to do that, I don't know. But either way... They should probably start looking into a next generation Sub Zero.

If they slow down with time jumps, they may be able to get a couple more games out of Kuai before it becomes silly.

Well hopefully the introduction of a new character WOULD bring something new to the table... At least it should. Whether or not I have enough faith in NRS to do that, I don't know. But either way... They should probably start looking into a next generation Sub Zero.

If they slow down with time jumps, they may be able to get a couple more games out of Kuai before it becomes silly.

Becomes silly? The dude shoots ice out of his hands, sits on his ice throne of awesomeness because he's the grandmaster of a ninja-assassin clan (in modern day mind you) and he's already riding frost dragons in his ending :lol:

I guess I'm just a Kuai fan boy. I want to see him stick around like others want Liu Kang always around. God forbid someone step in for Scorpion. Gnome-I-sayin'?

I see no reason anymore. However, I do have to note my disappointment in Kung Lao and Kung Jin not having any interaction during story mode. Same with Jacqui and Cassie with each other.

Just throwing this out there... you have Frost. :p

Hmm, let's see.
Yes, Frost has some fans, but... the majority would most likely want a male Sub-Zero to represent the name. Having a female Sub-Zero would cause alot of outrage amongst Subbie fans. And most people don't like Frost, so having her taking the Sub-Zero mantle would most likely make people more angry. And then there's people like me who don't want both of them to be in the game, as I find that to be a waste of space for reasons I've already stated many times in the past.

However... I personally wouldn't mind if Frost was the sole ice-wielder in the next game, and then NOT have Sub-Zero. Like I said, I wouldn't want both of them in the game, but having JUST Frost... I actually wouldn't mind that. Of course, her moveset and design would need to be made more unique from Sub-Zero's - perhaps taking inspiration from Killer Frost from Injustice, but without directly copying her moves. For Frost to become a good and strong character, she would need to have her own presence and place instead of just being a skin of another character, but with a bad attitude.

If Kuai Liang trained Frost and made her a worthy apprentice, I wouldn't mind if she appeared in MK11 instead of Sub-Zero. The probability of that happening though is little to none though. MK without Sub-Zero? I doubt that will happen. Even in the one game Scorpion wasn't in (MK3), there was still a Sub-Zero. And if Sub-Zero is in, I wouldn't want Frost in as well. That's just my personal opinion though.

Just throwing this out there... you have Frost. :p

We do indeed have Frost. lol But I'm afraid Frost is already too much of an established character to take over for Sub Zero. She's kind of an a**hole and isn't well liked by the majority of the fans. And although this sounds sexist, I guarantee people would riot if the new Sub Zero was a woman. I mean, having her exist alongside Sub Zero at the same time, has left a bad taste in the mouths of many fans as it is.

I just don't think she could ever take over that role. Not because she's a woman - Cause *I* could deal that, but because of other reasons.

The character would have to be unique enough not to come across as a clone but also keep some of the iconic Sub Zero qualities to make them fit in as the perfect replacement. It's not an easy thing to do and as I said before, NRS may not be capable of doing it.

There's no good reason for Sub-Zero to have a son, imo.
He was killed off as a cyborg in MK9, and he was given a new young body by Quan Chi in MKX.
Sonya stomped Quan Chi in the crotch, turning him and Scorpion human again, and 5 years after they were freed they both just grew beards.
Beard =/= old.
We don't know if Kuai and Hanzo had beards before they died.

The way I see it, Quan Chi giving Sub-Zero a new young body = aging stopped for a while.
In 5 years, Kuai Liang didn't age THAT much.
No need for a son.

The only 1 of the OG7 that maaaaaaaaybe I'd like to see with a son taking his place is Kano, according to his MKX ending.
Aside from that, I REALLY hope that they stop with the kids and just give us more new D'Vorah, Kotal, and Erron types of new characters.

Last edited: