Pre-order exclusive REPTILE unlock details

MajorWeirdo

As I haven't seen any details on any pre-order costumes and fatalities besides the costumes, I was scoping around one of my local gameshop's sites and found this.

http://img713.imageshack.us/i/mkreptileunlock1.jpg/

It says "Lose your head with Reptile's original Tasty Meal fatality" and on the site they stated it to be Reptile's MKII fatality.

Probably the fatality where he eats the head of his opponent and rubs his tummy!

Couldn't find any confirmation on others though...

hey I wanna ask something about pre-ordering.. besides the figurines, the manual, the arcade stick in TE blah blah.. some of those pre-orders get you a retro costume and a classic fatality right? what exactly is the point of pre-ordering when it comes to those though? I get some would want the rest of the stuff like the stick or figurines but aren't ALL retro costumes available to unlock in the krypt? and also some fatalities? in some gameplay videos when the person wanted to do a fatality I *think* there was the one available and two more with questionmarks below it. so my question is, those that won't preorder the game, may 'lose' some retro costumes and classic fatalities? or are those definitely in the krypt too but preordering is for the sake of the other stuff mostly?

I don't think these classic costumes or fatalities will be available through the Krypt, I think the non pre-ordering people will get them later as DLC.

Why would I go and pre-order something if the Bonus I get is already on the disc?

well it makes sense to pre-order, the can't wait factor plus the other stuff the pack includes.. I don't like the fatalities part missing :( the retro costumes I can deal with

Im pretty sure all that content fatalities and retro costumes will be in the krypt, the diference preordering in that places, is that they give you an unlocking code to get that things from the beggining, but other people without the code get them through the krypt. If you think it is obvios because they wont make some MK normal copies without exclusive, then some MK copies with ermac retro costume, then some more copies but with subzero retro cost. and then some with reptile, and some with scorpion. That makes no sense, all is in the disc, some people get the advantage of getting a code for unlock them from the begging and some people will have to earn mk coins to buy that content in the krypt.

Besides Ed Boon always says that ALL is in the krypt.

Dont worry im pretty sure everything is in the krypt.

Those who believe the pre order exclusives are DLC are delusional and misinformed.

It's been stated (hinted) by Boon and others that it will be in the Krypt.

Boon isn't Capcom, he isn't going to make you pay for 5 'klassic kostumes'. If anything, he'd make a DLC for everyone's klassic.

Indeed, Boon has directly answered that question and it is all in the Krypt.

This isn't nearly the first time that preorder 'exclusives' are simply early access to what you get eventually in the game. The majority these days seem to be just that.

It really started getting bad with Darksiders, where the 'exclusive' was a code that opened up a weapon early. The code itself was the same for everyone, and was universal, meaning anyone could enter the code and get it, preorder or not.

Im pretty sure all that content fatalities and retro costumes will be in the krypt, the diference preordering in that places, is that they give you an unlocking code to get that things from the beggining, but other people without the code get them through the krypt. If you think it is obvios because they wont make some MK normal copies without exclusive, then some MK copies with ermac retro costume, then some more copies but with subzero retro cost. and then some with reptile, and some with scorpion. That makes no sense, all is in the disc, some people get the advantage of getting a code for unlock them from the begging and some people will have to earn mk coins to buy that content in the krypt.

Besides Ed Boon always says that ALL is in the krypt.

Dont worry im pretty sure everything is in the krypt.

oh good! I hope your version is the legit one lol. if it's only really a matter of unlocking without having to collect coins for a retro costume and a classic fatality then meh.. this game is epic, who WON'T play enough and collect coins anyway? the krypt part is a good one imo, gets you all.. psyched up about unlocking more and more. if everything's in there, I don't mind getting any content just faster via a code. krypt unlocking ftw :)

Boon and NR has NOT confirmed that retro costumes will be in the krypt, only alternates like Cage's Tuxedo, etc. It is actually doubtful that it is, if WB's past history with Pre-order DLC continues. Read my post here where I explain.

And the Reptile head-eating retro fatality was already mentioned in a thread yesterday or a few days ago in that hip hop radio interview with Hector.

I don't think these classic costumes or fatalities will be available through the Krypt, I think the non pre-ordering people will get them later as DLC.

Why would I go and pre-order something if the Bonus I get is already on the disc?
It's been done with a few different games, Halo Reach being one of those. But the trick is that they don't tell you the stuff is in the game, they make it seem like the only way to get the item is to pre-order the game so they get more pre-orders.

It's been done with a few different games, Halo Reach being one of those. But the trick is that they don't tell you the stuff is in the game, they make it seem like the only way to get the item is to pre-order the game so they get more pre-orders.

This. Most shooters give you an early access code to a later level [pres./rank] gun to get an advantage on MP. Where as fighters sometimes do things like this. Give costumes/etc.

Kergon said:
Boon and NR has NOT confirmed that retro costumes will be in the krypt, only alternates like Cage's Tuxedo, etc. It is actually doubtful that it is, if WB's past history with Pre-order DLC continues. Read my post here where I explain.

And the Reptile head-eating retro fatality was already mentioned in a thread yesterday or a few days ago in that hip hop radio interview with Hector.

You are wrong they dont give you DLC's they give you a freaking code for unlock the content from the beggining just that. All is in the game they just make you think it is not for you to buy there just that, like Immortal B said.

-All exclusive pre-orders states "unlock" this character.
-Boon stated all content on the discs already will be unlocked and not DLC
-Classic skins will be seen in various story mode and tower mode stages.
-Boon stated all alternate skins will be unlockable and not DLC
-Classic skin is an alternative skin to the default skin.

I'm not a mathlete so I don't know what all this adds up to be...??

I wish I had pre ordered the game from where this is from. Tasty Meal beats Toasty any day of the week.

Kergon said:
You are wrong they dont give you DLC's they give you a freaking code for unlock the content from the beggining just that. All is in the game they just make you think it is not for you to buy there just that, like Immortal B said.

IMO, they will give a code to download the costume data on the network, not a cheat unlock code.

-All exclusive pre-orders states "unlock" this character.
Yes, but the pre-order info also states that retro costumes are DLC. Look at the end of all of the official videos, like today's Shang Tsung video. It shows all of the extras that come with the TE- one of these things is a card that says "ERMAC original costume DLC".

-Boon stated all content on the discs already will be unlocked and not DLC

Yes, all content on the disc will not need to be unlocked.

-Classic skins will be seen in various story mode and tower mode stages.

Just because they were shown in the challenge tower video, doesn't mean they are on disc. Why wouldn't costumes be selectable when starting the challenge tower? If you have the DLC costume, you would be able to use it in any mode you want.

-Boon stated all alternate skins will be unlockable and not DLC

Correct, all alternate skins, like Cage's tuxedo. Everyone has at least 1 alternate costume on disc.

-Classic skin is an alternative skin to the default skin.

Technically yes, but I think that the preorder skins are an extra to the alternates already in the game.

Warner Brothers Games has already done this for Batman Arkham Asylum. A bonus map that was only available for pre-orders at Gamestop, and available later to everyone by buying online at Playstation Network. It wasn't available in the game. It seems to me that they are continuing this pattern.

The retro costumes being on disc or on DLC is still unknown, it could go either way. We don't have a definite answer yet. When ever someone asks MK twitter if the retro costumes are on disc or if they will be available to everyone later, they just respond with a smiley face. The only thing that's certain is that alternate costumes are on disc, but that is ambiguous since they don't say nothing about ALL alternates or just the regular alternates.

I just wish the Klassic Reptile costume looked more like the MK1 ninja garb or even the one in that fanmade fatality awhile back. I'm not the biggest fan of the MK2 pattern. Nostalgic, yes. Stylish, not so much IMO.

Just because they were shown in the challenge tower video, doesn't mean they are on disc. Why wouldn't costumes be selectable when starting the challenge tower? If you have the DLC costume, you would be able to use it in any mode you want.

If you read one of the spoiler threads about info from a Russian reviewer, he states that the characters changes outfits throughout story mode and tower including classic skins

Im sure all will be at the Krypt. They wont make different game copies for different retro ninja skins, all copies are the same but in gamestop and other places tehy give you the unlocking code, rest of the people will have to dig in the krypt to find the retro costumes and fatalities.