PC version of Mortal Kombat 9...

Well it hasn't been patched since release, so anything you've heard about the Steam release is still true. For me it's either butter smooth, or has weird v-sync issues, like the top half of the screen is 1 frame ahead of the bottom half or something. Still it looks way better than the consoles and loads way quicker as is to be expected.

PC gamers must play with darn telescopes. From all the videos I've seen, the PC and console versions look the same.

I recorded literally firing up the game with Fraps, checked the settings, everything is maxed, full AA, 1080p. Went straight into training mode,

I can guarantee you all the following things,

a raw live unedited video
Every possible combo combination basically with Mileena except for 3 (a back 1, 4, back 1, 4 starter) (the old uppercut to roll which actually is "still possible") (this %43 wall combo by my talented friend Gamerblake90 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw9CrKWeyRk&list=FLMgha-jTVDRK7b-jmGiq8aQ)

I should have tried that wall combo, I doubt id pull it off under this load though. Other then that, more dropped combos and the most repetition you have all probably ever seen in a MK video, with music.

You will just haft to find the combos, they are there somewhere. If the video is not in 1080p yet it should be eventually or ill haft to re upload with a better compression software when I have time.

Enjoy the stress test,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_kUMXE1W40

Last edited:
whats this? theres a pc version of mk9?

question: do you need one of the suped up gaming pcs for it to work? . i have a carillon rack pc i7- 2600k cpu@3.40ghz the pc was custom built for making music by a music computer company (carillon) and performance wise can handle a lot a of shit going on.

i checked the specs and it says the graphics card is a ATI RADION HD 5400 and ive no idea what that means i know nothing about graphics cards or pc gaming

will that be good enough for gaming? (i also have excellent internet connection) im only interested in online vs gaming

There's no need for a super machine for it to run. Your cpu is more than enough. I assume if it's for making music you have at least 4GB of ram which is the recommended spec.

As for the graphics card, I did a quick Google search and I'm afraid it doesn't sound like a gaming card at all. It's a very low budget card and I don't think you'll get anything anywhere near playable.

Side note, I just finished everyone's arcade endings, plus did all the fatalities, x-rays and throws and didn't unlock any achievements for it. I initially thought I'd missed a character out so I checked the nekropolis to see who I hadn't played yet only to find everyone's stats were set to 0 for everything. Anyone else had this problem before? Any idea what's going on?

The game is not demanding but it has many bugs online. It is region blocked so you can play only with people that are in the same region as you , it has lag and dicconects.

There's no need for a super machine for it to run. Your cpu is more than enough. I assume if it's for making music you have at least 4GB of ram which is the recommended spec.

As for the graphics card, I did a quick Google search and I'm afraid it doesn't sound like a gaming card at all. It's a very low budget card and I don't think you'll get anything anywhere near playable.

hi. i got the game anyway to try it out. and yeah,, in single player its running like its in slo-mo so i guess if i upgrade to a gaming graphics card this will solve this issue. although ive read that other people are having this same slow mo issue even with proper gaming cards. so im like :/ not sure what the deal is there.

should i spend money on something that might not even work? hmmm

what graphics card do you recommend for this game. if its not too expensive ill probably give it a go

hi. i got the game anyway to try it out. and yeah,, in single player its running like its in slo-mo so i guess if i upgrade to a gaming graphics card this will solve this issue. although ive read that other people are having this same slow mo issue even with proper gaming cards. so im like :/ not sure what the deal is there.

should i spend money on something that might not even work? hmmm

what graphics card do you recommend for this game. if its not too expensive ill probably give it a go

A lot of people like to manually tweak their settings. I let the game auto detect my settings and I haven't had any slow mo gameplay. Not suggesting that tweaking it is why slow mo has happened for people, I'm just saying I let it do it's think and mine has been fine. Game Debate recommends a GTX 650 from nVidia or a 7750 from AMD http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1212&game=Mortal Kombat

GTX 650 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leadtek-W...ew-Boxed-/171160133775?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

7750 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTX3D-Rad...1GBK3-HE-/131034720215?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

That was just a quick google shopping search so I don't know if the currency is appropriate for you or if you can find a better deal, but game debate says they should be fine

ok i got it working in the end by changing the graphics cards settings, the display resolution, and the games settings.

but now theres no players anywhere, not a soul. wtf is going on?

i heard that when you play online it searches for a player with similar settings to yours so my first thought was that im not seeing any players in the lobby because nobody else has lowered their settings as much as me.
i decided to test this theory and put my display resolution all the way back up to full 1366 x 768 and i put the games video settings on full also then went back to the online lobby, still nothing :/ not a player in sight.

wtf

A lot of people like to manually tweak their settings. I let the game auto detect my settings and I haven't had any slow mo gameplay. Not suggesting that tweaking it is why slow mo has happened for people, I'm just saying I let it do it's think and mine has been fine. Game Debate recommends a GTX 650 from nVidia or a 7750 from AMD http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1212&game=Mortal Kombat

GTX 650 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leadtek-W...ew-Boxed-/171160133775?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

7750 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTX3D-Rad...1GBK3-HE-/131034720215?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

That was just a quick google shopping search so I don't know if the currency is appropriate for you or if you can find a better deal, but game debate says they should be fine

ok i got it working in the end by changing the graphics cards settings, the display resolution, and the games settings.

i heard that when you play online it searches for a player with similar settings to yours so my first thought was that im not seeing any players in the lobby because nobody else has lowered their settings as much as me.
i decided to test this theory and put my display resolution all the way back up to full 1366 x 768 and i put the games video settings on full also then went back to the online lobby, still nothing :/ not a player in sight.

wtf

wtf

Not sure about the game searching for players with similar settings. Similar connection kind of makes sense, but similar settings wouldn't change anything. As for there being a lack of players, the game searches for players in your region. Seems weird that no one in your region would be online, but try changing in Steam the server you connect to and hopefully you'll see some players.

Whatever you say. I'll just stay with my consoles, since I'm a dirty console peasant and can't dwell among the mighty PC master race.

You know not every PC gamer is a douche who thinks they are above console players. However I have to agree with ZaxxerDog. YouTube isn't good enough to show you the difference. I played the hell out of MK on PS3 for a good year or so, then played it on PC when it came out (still go back to it every now and then). There is a difference in graphical quality. It's a long time since I played it on PS3 so I don't know if the difference is huge, but it does look visually better on PC, not to mention everything is 60FPS which is great unlike the consoles where the X-Rays were dropped to 30FPS (if I remember right) and load times are virtually gone.

Either way, we're all MK fans regardless of the platform we play on, and I've no time for people who claim PC superiority due to graphics and mods and such, nor for console players who like to claim the easiness of inserting a disc and it working. Just enjoy the games brah.

Not sure about the game searching for players with similar settings. Similar connection kind of makes sense, but similar settings wouldn't change anything. As for there being a lack of players, the game searches for players in your region. Seems weird that no one in your region would be online, but try changing in Steam the server you connect to and hopefully you'll see some players.

ahh k cheers! what server are you using?

im in Newcastle. your in sunderland, were pretty close. do you play online?

ahh k cheers! what server are you using?

im in Newcastle. your in sunderland, were pretty close. do you play online?

My download region is set to UK - London. I've changed it to play with other people on here but it usually stays on that.

Cool, nice to know I'm not the only one up here on these forums. I'm online occasionally but since starting uni I've had less and less time to play. Add me on Steam and we can have a few games sometime.

can you help me. i cant find any help anywhere. ive joined a group on steam called Mortal Kombat 9 [EUROPE) MK9-EU

it says the over 100 members and 60 online but how do i play them?

i cant find no option on steam to play them. and loading up the game then going to online play still shows no players. im so confused

i also tried this. i clicked the servers thing, and lots of servers pop up. but how do i know which one is for mk9 pc?
i click the filters tab and go to choose game but mk9 is not on the list. if i try to connect to one say 'team fortress2' for example it says i need to download the server and its 13159mb and will take 14 hours?? wtf..

all i want is a uk server dedicated to MK9 pc why is it such a mission

Last edited:
can you help me. i cant find any help anywhere. ive joined a group on steam called Mortal Kombat 9 [EUROPE) MK9-EU

it says the over 100 members and 60 online but how do i play them?

i cant find no option on steam to play them. and loading up the game then going to online play still shows no players. im so confused

If you load the game, go to online, then private match, you can view your friends list and challenge anyone there. I'm not sure how that would work for groups. I would imagine instead of choosing from your friends list there would be a group list? Maybe try chatting to one of the players in the group and challenging them? Whenever I've played online it was either in a room with random people or through private match with people on my friends list. Never been in a group to try it unfortunately.

If you load the game, go to online, then private match, you can view your friends list and challenge anyone there. I'm not sure how that would work for groups. I would imagine instead of choosing from your friends list there would be a group list? Maybe try chatting to one of the players in the group and challenging them? Whenever I've played online it was either in a room with random people or through private match with people on my friends list. Never been in a group to try it unfortunately.

hey man thanks for all the help and the little game test we did on steam. ive got a new gtx 650 coming on tuesday so we should be able to rock up the game now hopefully with no issues. if your still interested ;) just keep an eye out for me on steam cheers.