PC version of Mortal Kombat 9...

hey man thanks for all the help and the little game test we did on steam. ive got a new gtx 650 coming on tuesday so we should be able to rock up the game now hopefully with no issues. if your still interested ;) just keep an eye out for me on steam cheers.

Happy to help :) Good choice for the graphics card too. I'm not on very often thanks to uni but I'll definitely be up for a few games when I can :)

I hope mk on PC is more enjoyable than ps3 which I've neglected for over a year.

It's the Komplete Edition version of the game. Same game but faster loading screens, better graphics (plus 60 fps X-rays if anyone was wondering) and more variation in input such as 360 pad (haven't tried a PS3 pad), arcade sticks, keyboard.

No Kratos, although I never used him anyway. I don't know if that sounds more enjoyable to you, but since getting it on PC, I haven't even thought about playing on PS3 anymore.

I opened a twitter account just to thank Ed Boon for bringing MK9 to PC. I also thank the makers of threads such as this and everyone who contributed to them. MK9 is such a blast. I never got to really play a MK game since MK4 (as none afterwards got PC releases). Its been such a long wait. I'm almost too old to play games anymore but this I'm not gonna miss out on.

The game looks and sounds great. The character designs, stages, moves, x-rays, fatalities...But game play always means more to me than graphics and MK9 seems perfect to me. Some say its not smooth. Its not supposed to be smooth. This isn't Street Fighter (which is great in its own way). MK is supposed to be ragged. MK9 is just the perfect MK game.

I opened a twitter account just to thank Ed Boon for bringing MK9 to PC. I also thank the makers of threads such as this and everyone who contributed to them. MK9 is such a blast. I never got to really play a MK game since MK4 (as none afterwards got PC releases). Its been such a long wait. I'm almost too old to play games anymore but this I'm not gonna miss out on.

The game looks and sounds great. The character designs, stages, moves, x-rays, fatalities...But game play always means more to me than graphics and MK9 seems perfect to me. Some say its not smooth. Its not supposed to be smooth. This isn't Street Fighter (which is great in its own way). MK is supposed to be ragged. MK9 is just the perfect MK game.

Did you try online? Or playing in cemetery with smooth fps? How about trying to play in Evil Monastery or Blood Pit in arcade mode?
Not to mention all that nice "support" we got from Netherrealm and those amazingly funny Ed Boon "jokes". So yeah you are crazy (your name is asking for that). But that is just my opinion.

P.S Game itself is good (if we are to ignore bugs, shitty netcode and framedrops on certain parts (also oversexualized female characters).

Hey guys! Its been a while. Hows everyone doing???? I recently got heavily involved in PC gaming. I just pretty much finished my rig, and believe it or not, i have not had a chance to try MK9 on PC yet. Tell me the truth.....is it as Awsome as I'd hoped???

Did you try online? Or playing in cemetery with smooth fps? How about trying to play in Evil Monastery or Blood Pit in arcade mode?
Not to mention all that nice "support" we got from Netherrealm and those amazingly funny Ed Boon "jokes". So yeah you are crazy (your name is asking for that). But that is just my opinion.

P.S Game itself is good (if we are to ignore bugs, shitty netcode and framedrops on certain parts (also oversexualized female characters).

I don't really play online. I have 4 buddies to play with and we just get together on weekends and play at anyone's house. But now its getting so competitive that we all practice when we have time.

Has anyone been able to activate Ambient Occlusion on an NVIDIA card?
I've been trying, but I can't seem to get it to work.

What I'm doing is:
- Fire up NVIDIA inspector
- Select the "Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition" profile
- Change the AO flags to Warmonger, Mirror's Edge or Gears of War flags as I have seen recommended (tried all three)
- Under Common, set the AO setting to High Quality, and the AO Usage to Enabled.

When I run the game everything looks the same.
I've even taken screenshots to compare and it's definitely not working.

Am I missing something?
Anything additional to do in NVIDIA's control panel maybe?
Is there any other setting that may be silently disabling AO?
I tried disabling antialiasing but that didn't help.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey there! Mortal Kombat Komplete edition is now only 5dol on steam till July 6! Can anyone buy me a copy, please? ://

BTW - Is this game still active online ? I'll sure be as soon as I'm out of Germany for the summer, but what should I expect online ? Are there enough people playing it on a regular basis ?

Online has been improved (not majestically, but it works batter than before) so right now I see about 70-80 people online.

Online has been improved (not majestically, but it works batter than before) so right now I see about 70-80 people online.

It was not improved, there was a sale so I think you saw more people because of that.

Anyway after playing at least 120 hours of MK9 I can only say that the online features are the absolute worst a game has to offer. I am truly amazed by the garbage that is the netcode of MK9 and guess what? Injustice is even worse. How on Earth did they managed to do that is beyond me.

Also: Netherrealm does not even talk about the issues with the netcode, they don't even say a word about it. After the announcement of MKX I really expected at least something in the matter, like "We know MK9 and Injustice was bad but we'll improve it" but no, not even a word.

All I can say is that half of the time I've spent with the game so far was just frustration because of the online mode so I simply won't buy the next installment if it will be the same shit again because I think that after the inexcusable quality of MK9 and Injustice WB and Netherrealm should suffer the financial consequences. Until the release all we can do is make our opinions heard, bombard Boon and Netherrealm on Twitter about requesting information on the netcode and if they don't respond then just don't buy the game or buy it on a sale where the price justifies that it's not the full package we were promised in the commercials and that half of the experience is broken.

It was not improved, there was a sale so I think you saw more people because of that.

Anyway after playing at least 120 hours of MK9 I can only say that the online features are the absolute worst a game has to offer. I am truly amazed by the garbage that is the netcode of MK9 and guess what? Injustice is even worse. How on Earth did they managed to do that is beyond me.

Also: Netherrealm does not even talk about the issues with the netcode, they don't even say a word about it. After the announcement of MKX I really expected at least something in the matter, like "We know MK9 and Injustice was bad but we'll improve it" but no, not even a word.

All I can say is that half of the time I've spent with the game so far was just frustration because of the online mode so I simply won't buy the next installment if it will be the same shit again because I think that after the inexcusable quality of MK9 and Injustice WB and Netherrealm should suffer the financial consequences. Until the release all we can do is make our opinions heard, bombard Boon and Netherrealm on Twitter about requesting information on the netcode and if they don't respond then just don't buy the game or buy it on a sale where the price justifies that it's not the full package we were promised in the commercials and that half of the experience is broken.

Dunno about you but my friend wasn't able to play longer than 30 seconds in online match. Would just get a random disconnect message and that's it. I could only sometimes get some nice match, but normally it either lags or simple disconnection. Playing modes like King of the hill was practically impossible. But after their moved their servers from that god awful Gamespy, it seems netcode has improved (not much but something) I can play with that friend now and King of the hill is accessible. I still sometimes get disconnect, but mostly on king of the hill matches. So yeah online was obviously improved (even if just a little bit). Other than that. I completely agree. Just WTF with mk9 (I didn't play injustice, but friend said that online is as crappy as mk9). Consoles version had mostly only netcode problems (which also wasn't as bad as pc). But PC... that was insulting. Not to mention lots of guys like me worked their asses off just to get the goddamn game once it was announced for PC. And what do we get? Not only shitty online experience, but performance issues, like framedrops on graveyard stage or missing stages like blood pit and evil monastery in ladder mode, or even worse... everything being unlocked from the very beginning. Yeah single player and challenge tower was a blast. It redeemed like half of the price for the game. But online... HAD TO WAIT A WHOLE YEAR for some tiny bit of improvement, which made online only a bit less painful experience.
So yeah I am with you on this one. They don't address issues on mk9 and injustice, leave both games to die on pc(don't really care about Injustice anyway) and now their boast MKX will concentrate on online play. Yeah if online experience will be even remotely close to mk9... f^%k Netherrealm. I like Mortal Kombat, but this shit is unacceptable.

So no day 1 buy from me. It is better to wait and see how online is and THEN see if it is worth the money. I recommend for others to do the same.

I play private matches with people from my country and the game runs at full speed. The disconnections are like 2 out of 20 matches which is tolerable.