Onaga POTENTIALLY in mkx!

Regardless of who the demon is, at least Baraka seems to have a bigger role than just one fight or one scene in the Kove since in the trailer it looks like he's knocked off of a balcony / outworld tower?

Re: Onaga in mkx!

It was already revealed that the person in the picture is D'Vorah.

And sucks for the demon being just flying Oni...

Really? Woah, guessed by eye! :laugh:

Well, I would love Onaga, but at the least that's not him.

You know...wouldn't be cool if he was that.

But it could be Shinnok :\

Now I am asking myself if that demon has beaten Raiden. Just ducking HOW??!

Impossible. I guess someone like Shinnok has beaten him and the demon went there to take the credits.

Raiden's outfit shows that's a flashback, so he's obviously not dead. If anything, it's this scene:

"We are then taken to a scene where Raiden and Fujin are battling hordes of Oni demons on the outskirts of his Sky Temple. Raiden is in his MK1 attire and Fujin is in a similar costume to his Armageddon primary, with a intricate hairband, shorter braided hair, wielding an impressive staffing Kombat. Raiden is suddenly overwhelmed by a group of Oni, but Fujin gloriously dismembers them with his staff and conjures a huge whirlwind to dispatch a larger number of their attackers."

Trust to Harpoon to solve an MKX mystery. :-D

But I agree with [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION], "flashback" isn't the appropriate term for this. The Netherrealm War (at least this segment of it) takes place in the present before a time jump. Flashbacks is what we'll likely get during Sub-Zero's and Kotal Kahn's chapters, when we're in the 25 years plus timezone but will see some past events.

I guess anticlimactic was the wrong word. It's just that it's one of Quan Chi's Oni demons, which means it's nobody important.

"The generic goons are too cool looking now." MKX problems.

But I agree with [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION], "flashback" isn't the appropriate term for this. The Netherrealm War (at least this segment of it) takes place in the present before a time jump. Flashbacks is what we'll likely get during Sub-Zero's and Kotal Kahn's chapters, when we're in the 25 years plus timezone but will see some past events.

To be fair, though, Ed said that most of the game takes place in the 25-year mark, so I could technically see it as a "flashback" of sorts, if Raiden is explaining how Shinnok got captured after MK9, etc, etc, etc.

I was just originally confused because I thought that [MENTION=18507]Harpoon[/MENTION] meant, pre-MK1 flashback, which he didn't. ;)

That MK1 Raiden costume is confusing as hell, though, given that the scenes don't take place before alternate MK1 (aka MK9).

To be fair, though, Ed said that most of the game takes place in the 25-year mark, so I could technically see it as a "flashback" of sorts, if Raiden is explaining how Shinnok got captured after MK9, etc, etc, etc.

I was just originally confused because I thought that [MENTION=18507]Harpoon[/MENTION] meant, pre-MK1 flashback, which he didn't. ;)

That MK1 Raiden costume is confusing as hell, though, given that the scenes don't take place before alternate MK1 (aka MK9).

The only way it's a legitimate flashback is if the game starts with Raiden talking to Cassie and saying "Let me tell you what happened 25 years ago." Which is absolutely possible, but only speculation, so using the term flashback ATM is still misleading.

It seems like we are going to see some kind of Shaolin Monks thing.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao working together against monk kiddnappers Tarkatans.

Very cool that Raiden is there, very close to them. A better emotion, instead of that guy that says "do this! do that!".

It seems like we are going to see some kind of Shaolin Monks thing.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao working together against monk kiddnappers Tarkatans.

Ooh, nice! Now that you mention it, this could be a fantastic little callback to that game. Much more than anything I'd have expected, at this point.

Ooh, nice! Now that you mention it, this could be a fantastic little callback to that game. Much more than anything I'd have expected, at this point.

Yeah! And notice that they are very young. Like just after their resurrection. They rock together!

Yeah! And notice that they are very young. Like just after their resurrection. They rock together!

Is it after their resurrection? Hmm. I had assumed that it might be a flashback to some earlier time. I guess the only time it could possibly be is right after Liu Kang's victory over Shang Tsung in MK9-1, and even that's pushing it. Hmm.

This surely throws a spanner in the works of most plot theories. NRS is doing a fantastic job of keeping the story and subplots a mystery.

The only way it's a legitimate flashback is if the game starts with Raiden talking to Cassie and saying "Let me tell you what happened 25 years ago." Which is absolutely possible, but only speculation, so using the term flashback ATM is still misleading.

Yes, and that's a very real possibility that I could see happening in MKX.
I'm not ruling that out, just yet.
Seems odd (to me) that Sonya, Johnny and Jax aren't in the helicopter, when Raiden is talking to Cassie, Jacqui and Li Mei in the helicopter.
Maybe Sonya, Johnny and Jax die, and Raiden is explaining what happened with the talisman, when he captured Shinnok in the amulet?
Maybe none of them die.
I'm just giving my speculation on it, and trying to piece things together with Raiden's MK1 costume.

Yes, and that's a very real possibility that I could see happening in MKX.
I'm not ruling that out, just yet.
Seems odd (to me) that Sonya, Johnny and Jax aren't in the helicopter, when Raiden is talking to Cassie, Jacqui and Li Mei in the helicopter.
Maybe Sonya, Johnny and Jax die, and Raiden is explaining what happened with the talisman, when he captured Shinnok in the amulet?
Maybe none of them die.
I'm just giving my speculation on it, and trying to piece things together with Raiden's MK1 costume.

I just rewatched the trailer, and something stood out to me that didn't before.

Cassie says to Sub-Zero: "My father always spoke highly of you, Sub-Zero. He wants to talk."

First of all, this means that the rest of the Special Forces are alive and well when Cassie's crew sets out on their mission. It's possible that Cassie's mission starts out very innocently, just go find Sub-Zero and get him to come in to talk about random important things, which explains why they're allowed to go without supervision. Then a bunch of refugees come in from Outworld, Raiden gets involved, they find out about the amulet... and either they choose to go because there's no time for another plan, or they're kidnapped soon after.

The really interesting thing is why Cassie says that Johnny wants to talk to Sub-Zero, and not Sonya. Presumably Sonya's still the ranking SF member around. Ah, the fun of speculation.

I just rewatched the trailer, and something stood out to me that didn't before.

Cassie says to Sub-Zero: "My father always spoke highly of you, Sub-Zero. He wants to talk."

First of all, this means that the rest of the Special Forces are alive and well when Cassie's crew sets out on their mission.

True, but do we really know if this takes place before or after Raiden talks to Cassie, Jacqui and Li Mei at the SF base, in the helicopter?
No one else finds it strange that Johnny and Sonya aren't also in that helicopter scene with them?

True, but do we really know if this takes place before or after Raiden talks to Cassie, Jacqui and Li Mei at the SF base, in the helicopter?
No one else finds it strange that Johnny and Sonya aren't also in that helicopter scene with them?

I just watched the original story trailer. We never actually see a complete shot of the helicopter/tent/wherever they are. We see Raiden in the same shot as Li Mei, and we see Cassie and Jacqui standing next to each other, and then Kung Jin standing next to Jacqui in a separate shot. No Takeda.

We may have incorrectly assumed that no other SF crew are present based on NRS's careful trailer editing.

Is it after their resurrection? Hmm. I had assumed that it might be a flashback to some earlier time. I guess the only time it could possibly be is right after Liu Kang's victory over Shang Tsung in MK9-1, and even that's pushing it. Hmm.

This surely throws a spanner in the works of most plot theories. NRS is doing a fantastic job of keeping the story and subplots a mystery.

Yes, I thought it could be during MKII too. But I'm going to risk the answer that, since Raiden wasn't with the two shaolin on what he clearly makes a reference to Shaolin Monks (of course not the events, that are non canon, but the idea that both wen together through Outworld under his guidance), this may be something in the early events of the resurrection.