Official "We love Mortal Kombat 2011" Thread

Visually, not only is it the best looking MK, but the best looking fighting game right now. The shear amount of content is unprecedented for a fighter that looks this good. As much as I love my gameplay, it's really nice to see MK back at the top of the heap graphic-wise.

Everything about this game looks detailed and refined, character models, animations, stages, the cut scenes, the moving comic vignettes, Xrays, Fatalities.

The roster (so far) is perfect, every character that everyone (even non MK fans) remembers back from the old days. Their character designs are nostalgic but at the same time detailed enough so that even the ninjas can't be considered palette swaps anymore. (Seriously, anyone can try and prove me wrong here, take any of the pictures of the confirmed ninjas and find more than one similarity on any of them)

The modes (regular, tag, challenge, online, arcade, story) are sounding to be great, but anyone can hype up gameplay aspects so i'll wait until I play them for myself.

Even the news about the game is awesome, I mean we've gotten so much background info. on how the game is being made.

well, I have 2 admit dat no game drawed my attention like this game, very exited about the gameplay!

I'm looking forward to this game for the following reasons:

1) The x-ray moves and how to use them in a combo.

2) How bloody the fighters will look after the battle

3) This will the first time I'll ever be playing online with people around the World.

4) I'm looking forward to fighting in 2-D after years of 3-D (even though fighting in 3-D was awesome).

some ppl might say this game is weak and lacks a lot but lets talk abouth the possitive so far theres.

the tower

the challenge tower. (witch needs spicific goals to beat or you krypt koins to move on)

the krypt witch has Double the koffins (almost 1300)

great graffix

finally a blood&gore

stage fatlitys

multible fatalitys for characters

dlc characters

dlc stages

dlc attire

x-ray moves

power moves

tag-team.....etc and we never even played it yet so theres so much more in stoe

im a big fan of mk i been playing since 1992 i think that we was put on earth to play this game... i litterly count the days that go bye. i cannot wait for it i NEED THIS GAME.................MORTAL KOMBAT FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything about this game looks detailed and refined, character models, animations, stages, the cut scenes, the moving comic vignettes, Xrays, Fatalities.

The roster (so far) is perfect, every character that everyone (even non MK fans) remembers back from the old days. Their character designs are nostalgic but at the same time detailed enough so that even the ninjas can't be considered palette swaps anymore. (Seriously, anyone can try and prove me wrong here, take any of the pictures of the confirmed ninjas and find more than one similarity on any of them)

The modes (regular, tag, challenge, online, arcade, story) are sounding to be great, but anyone can hype up gameplay aspects so i'll wait until I play them for myself.

Even the news about the game is awesome, I mean we've gotten so much background info. on how the game is being made.

i dident know i posted the same thing like you sorry. but on the bright side we have the same thoughts

The Roster is great (well at least everyone who has been revealed so far)

The detail on the character's outfits. Visible damage while you're fighting.

X-Ray moves are going to be awesome.

Each character has 2 fatalities. The arenas are very well detailed.

Going back to the 2-D combo system.

Tag-Team mode looks fun and interesting.

The Krpyt is most likely going to have a bunch of cool stuff inside.

Once this game is released, I'll be playing it A LOT. All my other games can get dusty and become fossils for all I care.

Just a few more weeks everyone!!!!

-Liu Kang is in

-Nice ass gameplay

-Liu Kang has his badass moves.

-Almost all of my favorite kharacters are in

-Liu Kang has his WAAs

-Gory fatailties and X-rays

-Liu Kang is going to be the champion

-They are going back to 2d and real violence

-Liu Kang has the best design.

-Long and nice story mode

-LIU KANG IS PERFECT:DDDDDDDDD

-Nice ass gameplay

I too am especially looking forward to the ass gameplay. I KID! I KID!

All joking aside, the only thing about this game that I can't imagine will live up to my expectations is the story mode. Though seriously, there's no evidence that it won't. If story mode is anywhere near as awesome in this game as it is in my head, and the vignettes and brief clips from the story have led me to believe, I'm going to be a very happy boy.

I was fairly satisfied with the story mode in MK vs DC, especially the DC side. It seems they loaded the MK characters with more emotional nuance and personality than they've ever had before now, so I'm very excited to see them interacting, all fleshed out and complete.

Lol that is how I talk.

By the way Aldo, I was never all THAT into Liu Kang, but this new game makes me a believer. That's another thing I love about it. It takes characters I never really fancied all that much like Liu and Noob and Jax (I liked them, but they weren't my favorites) and have made me fall in love with them. Can't wait till we get more Sindel gameplay. I'm sure that'll have a similar effect.

1. Its the classic Mortal Kombat roster AND the original story. Come on.
2. The developers seem to actually be focused on gameplay first and foremost this time...all the characters supposedly have a distinct playing style, the EX meter, tag team and X-Rays are great ideas
3. The character models, for the most part, are fantastic
4. The stages look amazing
5. Focus on DLC...if its used right it could drastically extend the life of this game
6. Blood and guts are back, and most of the Fatalities I've seen are great...now, I'm not 12 anymore, its not what I play fighting games for, but it definitely feels like a "welcome home" in Mortal Kombat.

By the way Aldo, I was never all THAT into Liu Kang, but this new game makes me a believer. That's another thing I love about it. It takes characters I never really fancied all that much like Liu and Noob and Jax (I liked them, but they weren't my favorites) and have made me fall in love with them. Can't wait till we get more Sindel gameplay. I'm sure that'll have a similar effect.

I had to rep you bekause you are first person who actually gave Liu Kang a khance. Everyone else doesnt.

I love the fact that there is a new 2D MK game coming out ssoooo much, I have to pinch myself sometimes just to make sure it isn't a dream!!!!!1 I'm telling you, I am so F*cking impatient!!!! I can't wait........

-Liu Kang is in

-Nice ass gameplay

-Liu Kang has his badass moves.

-Almost all of my favorite kharacters are in

-Liu Kang has his WAAs

-Gory fatailties and X-rays

-Liu Kang is going to be the champion

-They are going back to 2d and real violence

-Liu Kang has the best design.

-Long and nice story mode

-LIU KANG IS PERFECT:DDDDDDDDD

I like his combos.
Can't wait to see his dragon fatality, though...
Gonna get to know his combos and playstyle, especially since my brother (RIP Smokey Cut) is gonna tag team with him...

Also, somebody on the other 'disappointment' thread said that the game moves like shit. So as not to add to that crap thread, I will say it here, the game moves beautifully, and better than it ever has before. And I say again, it even moves better than most fighting games I've seen. The characters even react realistically to where on their body they are hit. The physics are beautiful. The animation is smooth. I can't stand it. Somebody convince me to stay on this forum, because the weenie brigade is bumming me out. I can't deal with the lack of reason. To be able to see something like this and speculate on the gameplay, I get that. But to see a game that looks this gorgeous and still scream at it... I just don't know what precedent they're basing their claims on. Do their monitors suck?