Official NFL Thread

Of ALL coaches to be kicking to Devin Hester, it just HAD to be the one coach who knew FAR more than anyone else not to effin' do it; his own former coach, Lovie Smith! ESPECIALLY when said kick breaks the non-offensive tochdown record held by Deion Sanders (and in the House That Deion Built too, with Deion in attendance on analyst duty)!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

The Bucs were all pathetic last night. My team was just curbstomping them like they're just mere insects. Carolina can put up a better fight than Tampa Bay can muster up for the last couple of years.

As much as I hate BOTH teams, I have to defend Jason Peters' role here. [MENTION=10945]YungQ94[/MENTION] can correct me if I'm wrong here, but Jason Peters is the starting Left Tackle. Isn't the Left Tackle's primary objective to protect the quarterback?!

As much as I hate BOTH teams, I have to defend Jason Peters' role here. [MENTION=10945]YungQ94[/MENTION] can correct me if I'm wrong here, but Jason Peters is the starting Left Tackle. Isn't the Left Tackle's primary objective to protect the quarterback?!

Yeah and he did his job to the fullest extend.
Pull a late hit? Get hit. Simple as that.

Note to CBS: GET YOUR DAMN FACTS STRAIGHT!

The lead Tennessee squandered against Cleveland is NOT the biggest blown lead in franchise history! As a former fan of the Houston Oilers, I can state for a FACT that that is a false statement (and I'm sure LC can back me up on this).

The Tennessee Titans and the Houston Oilers are the same damn franchise, and I seem to recall the Oilers having the biggest blown lead in league history against the Buffalo Bills in a playoff game 22 years ago (a 32 point lead squandered, to be exact).

You don't need Elias Sports Bureau to fact-check a claim like THAT!

You're correct Trashman. You're just misreading the headline. It said "regular season." The game you're referring to was a playoff game.

And yes, Yung, for those of us alive then, that game is easily accessible through pure memory. As much as us in Houston WANT to forget it, it just ain't happening

That was weirdly impressive.
Did you recall that fact through pure memory?
Damn right I recalled it through pure memory. My aunt was an Oilers season ticket holder at the time (and she lived in San Antonio like I do, which is a good 200 miles away from Houston) and even brought me to an Oilers/Cowboys pre-season game in 1993 at the Alamodome (my loyalties were split at the time). I thought we were going to see an All-Texas Super Bowl at Halftime of that game.

Then the Oilers CHOKED in the second half. Five years later, the Oilers bailed on Houston over a stadium issue and went to Tennessee, and it would be another 5 years before Houston got another NFL team.

The Titans, with a new name and location, got their revenge on Buffalo for the Chokejob of 92 with the Music City Miracle (according to profootballreference.com, only Bruce Matthews, Al Del Greco, Steve Jackson, Marcus Robertson, and Eddie Robinson were remaining from the 92 chokejob during the Music City Miracle). While the Titans came 1 yard short of sending that year's Super Bowl to Overtime, the Bills still have not recovered from the Music City Miracle; THAT game was the last playoff game to date that Buffalo has played.

Last edited:
tell me about it , im like this can not be happening, a near impossible catch yet again to put em in a good position to win wtf!, but we came through!!!!

GO!!!! PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!

cant belive my quarterback surpassed the best quarterback in superbowl touchdowns and matched him with 4 championships! my girl is all excited to go to the parade.

As much of a football fan that I am, and having watched Super Bowl since Elway/Favre in 32, I couldn't bring myself to watching this Super Bowl. I absolutely despise both teams and their fans. Though it sounded like I didn't miss much until the fourth quarter. I did go back to watch highlights after the fact, and I'll admit that Jermaine Kearse catch at the end was pretty impressive. I was fully expecting the Seahawks to win at that point, and screw Brady out from yet another title with a wacky catch. But not choosing to run Marshawn Lynch at the goal line? Bad play calling on Seattle's part.