New classic skins revealed: MK3 Cyber Sub-Zero/UMK3 Sub-Zero unmasked

This one would have been better...
mk9_unmasked_sub_zero_by_code_umb87-d3cuykt.jpg

I dunno I kinda like that better than what is being released now. I never like the mk3 sub or the umk3 ninja look, but did like deadly alliance sub zero (weird), but think I would have preferred just the mk3 sub, not the mix and match think going on. Oh well, I'm gonna download it.

I will say this, I am starting not to mind the umk3 ninja look though. It doesn't look to bad now, just going off of this sub looks.

Ugh, I was already 95% sure I wasn't buying Freddy, and now with these skins, I'm 100% sure.

Not one, but TWO subzero skins? And another generic MK3 robo outfit (cyber sub wasn't even in MK3, makes no sense). No tweaked cyber smoke....fail

Re: New skins revealed tomorrow.

So people are pissed off again?
I think they both look great, happy to get both costumes. Besides, I was under the impression everyone wanted a retro Cyber SZ? The retro costume actually makes me want to play him more. It's amusing though, seems like NR want to completely erase Cyber Smoke. I definitely still want a Cyber Smoke alternate though, even just to have 2v2 all-cyborg matches. Would be lots of fun, I hope he'll get released one day.

I agree. I would've liked to have seen Cyber Smoke as well, but I'm happy with the new Subby skins.

I agree. I would've liked to have seen Cyber Smoke as well, but I'm happy with the new Subby skins.

I'm just glad that CSZ is finally getting an altmode which gives me hope for the other 1 costume guys with maybe Skarlet getting a mk2 ninja altmode or rain getting a mk3 altmode. I in the nerdy corner of Smoke not having a cyborg altmode as It doesn't fit with this timelines continunity and he would look to similar to CSZ.

I'm just glad that CSZ is finally getting an altmode which gives me hope for the other 1 costume guys with maybe Skarlet getting a mk2 ninja altmode or rain getting a mk3 altmode. I in the nerdy corner of Smoke not having a cyborg altmode as It doesn't fit with this timelines continunity and he would look to similar to CSZ.

UMK3 C. Smoke is purple, not blue like CSZ, so they would be different.
Smoke-r.gif

But if im not wrong, he looked more gray in MKT or in the UMK3 sega version, I dont know, but im sure he was violet in some versions and gray in others
Mk3smoke2.gif

Mk3smoke1.gif

I'm just glad that CSZ is finally getting an altmode which gives me hope for the other 1 costume guys with maybe Skarlet getting a mk2 ninja altmode or rain getting a mk3 altmode.

Yup same here. And yup it would be awesome to have a MK Trilogy Rain skin. I really hope that one happens.

Last edited:
Costumes look good! unmasked Sub-Zero looks badass!!

Now if only all the ninjas can get the umk3 costumes in the future!!

I love his unmasked costume. I mean every ninja has a friggin mask. I'd love to see their face. Just like what they did with Jade and Kitana. I wanna see their face and his costume looks good.

Cyber Sub-Zero is a long name, Ill start to call him Hydro from now on.

Yeah i have even started to wonder to myself if that Hydro from Legacy was maybe Sub Zero turned into the first cyborg in that story line since they mention getting Sektor and Cyrax to fight a more challenging opponent...and since Hydro was made before Sektor and Cyrax or at least thats what it seemed like, maybe Subzero was considered the most talented assassin in the clan so they transformed him first?

Probably not true to the mugen/comics or wherever Hydro actually came from but i kinda like to think of CSZ as Hydro.

Just a rambling thought lol.

EDIT: I just read up on Hydro and he was Subs friend in the comics. But legacy is also a different story line so i like to think of him as csz lol.

Last edited:
Retro Cyber Sub-zero and MK3 Unmasked Subzero

You know i dont understand why they are deciding to release an MK3 Cyber Subzero outfit if Cyber Subzero wasnt even in MK3 they should have released Meelina MK2 or Maybe even Raiden MK1 now about Unmasked Subzero i think he looks ok just the fact that they didnt stick with the Origional mk3 outfit is what bothers me..what do you guys think? Last thing is that all the costume DLC that we will be getting according to MK online or are they planning to release more..we still havnt heard of Robo Smoke or even the bosses as DLC. So much is still missing

Last edited:
god u guys flip flop way to damn much either u like sub zero with his suspenders or u don't
i don't understand why one day it's the dumbest costume he's ever had then the next day it's cool.

then they go and try to fix it to make it more ninjaish and it's not good enough why is that?

can someone please explain this to me.

Last edited:
god u guys flip flop way to damn much either u like sub zero with his suspenders or u don't
i don't understand why one day it's the dumbest costume he's ever had then the next day it's cool.

then they go and try to fix it to make it more ninjaish and it's not good enough why is that?

can someone please explain this to me.

Welcome to the MK fandom!

Also, am I the only one who gets a Church and Caboose from Red vs. Blue feel about these two altmodes.

You know i dont understand why they are deciding to release an MK3 Cyber Subzero outfit if Cyber Subzero wasnt even in MK3 they should have released Meelina MK2 or Maybe even Raiden MK1 now about Unmasked Subzero i think he looks ok just the fact that they didnt stick with the Origional mk3 outfit is what bothers me..what do you guys think? Last thing is that all the costume DLC that we will be getting according to MK online or are they planning to release more..we still havnt heard of Robo Smoke or even the bosses as DLC. So much is still missing
It's a reference to Cyber Sub-Zero taking Cyber Smoke's place as the 3rd cyborg, who was in MK3. And I'm really looking forward to getting these outfits!