New Character idea: The Sand Ninja

Demetrius

IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all of these suggestions are mine; most come from other people. I just felt it would be quicker to add a single disclaimer instead of going through each one individually.

Proposed names:

Ahriman
Set
Sands
Dune (Gots to have blue eyes if this one is chosen)

Appearance:

Shoulders Up:

ht
fremen.jpg

Rest to be determined

Proposed Move Set:

Sand Ninja covers his fist in a giant Sand Fist, swings upward, and sends the player high enough that he goes out of the top of the screen for 1.25 seconds if it connects. EX version is Unblockable.

Counter: Forward Back 2: He turns into sand. If the opponent strikes him, he "shatters", instantly reforming behind his opponent and smacking them a la Liu Kangs Normal. EX version is just the Teleport and gives you Frame Advantage.

Teleport: Down Forward 4: He "dissolves" to the floor, encasing his opponents legs in Sand, "tripping" them, leaving them in a sort of Stagger State (Think Sub Zero's Ice Puddle) as he pops up right in front of them. Blockable Low, or by Jumping.

Proposed by Mr. Azure:

Honestly if there was to be a sand inspired ninja, I couldn't help but think he would function like Green Lantern from MK vs DCU. I would see him packing sand into shapes that he uses against people, hell you could probably alter some of the Green Lantern movelist to make it into a character.

Have him keep the wall, but probably have it hit low and pop-up and choose where it comes up much like Shang Tsung's ground skulls.

Let him keep the fist projectile.

And I guess he could have the hammer swing to probably catch people trying to jump in. (I cannot recall right now if the hammer had that ability in MK vs DCU.)

Discuss! I command YE!

I prefer the name Set, to tell the truth.

Proposed Intro: A sand gust blows a giant mound of Sand, in which the Sand Ninja steps out of, like Sandman in Spiderman 3 when he first gets his powers.

Fatality ideas:

Turns into a Sand Storm, envelopes and deskins the opponent.

Gaara's Sand Coffin

how about a fatality where he burns your eyeballs out with sand and then the sand fills the eye sockets and pours out of the mouth and nose from too much sand pressure in the vitims head

Last edited:
Sadly I think mods will end up merging this thread, they have a fetiche about thread merging lol (just kidding)

Names

Dune??

Sadly I think mods will end up merging this thread, they have a fetiche about thread merging lol (just kidding)

Names

Dune??

I hope not; its not a fourth DLC character thread, and I haven't seen one about new characters....

Not trying to put the name down, genuinely mean this, but if we name him Dune we gots to give him blue eyes.

I will appeal to the Elder Mods, hopefully they will aid us in the coming battle.

Also, Dune was a book series based upon a desert world drug trade with the Spice, which turned people's eyes blue :D

LMAO didnt know about that but if he's named Dune is because of the sand mountains he doesnt need to have blue eyes his connection is with desert dunes not the book series lol, you should edit that in the main post.

LMAO didnt know about that but if he's named Dune is because of the sand mountains he doesnt need to have blue eyes his connection is with desert dunes not the book series lol, you should edit that in the main post.

True, but it would be a nice reference that would help his odds; most non-MK1 characters have some sort of reference in them.

gaara-large.jpg

Im sorry I couldnt help myself =D. Your design for the ninja is cool :thumbsup:

Ah ha, Ah ha, I forgot how to laugh

:p

Having said that, Gaara is pretty cool from the waist down; his legs/flowing robes, but that might be encroaching on Ermac's territory....

Actually, Gaara's sand coffin would be a good fatality to incorporate. It isn't like crushing a body isn't new, Kenshi did it with his mind.

Actually, Gaara's sand coffin would be a good fatality to incorporate. It isn't like crushing a body isn't new, Kenshi did it with his mind.

Hmmm, don't remember my Naruto, watched it a year ago with a friend who was into it. Is that the one where he makes a giant ball around whoever and then just crushes it?

For a fatality, I would vote for him turning into a cloud of sand, again a la Sandman from Spiderman 3, rapidly moving around the opponent, deskinning them and then leaving them to die.

I was thinking of a quicksand fatality idea, but It would end up too much like noob's 2nd

how about a fatality where he burns your eyeballs out with sand and then the sand fills the eye sockets and pours out of the mouth and nose from too much sand pressure in the vitims head

or how about one where he summons a plauge of Locusts and they eat you alive.
(biblical shit probably wouldnt make it in)

Who is this gara guy?

Sorry I hate animes and anything related to them.

Best fight I could find of him; no where NEAR what we would want Dune to be like:

I was thinking of a quicksand fatality idea, but It would end up too much like noob's 2nd

or how about one where he summons a plauge of Locusts and they eat you alive.
(biblical shit probably wouldnt make it in)

Not to sure about the second one; it would look too much like Sindels (screams in her hand then shoves it in your mouth blowing your head up) and Smokes (puts his hand to your head and you steam) put together...

no, the head doesnt explode, the eyeballs are scraped away because of the sand, then it flows into the head and suffocates the victim.

their head is literally filled with sand and it is slowly flowing out of the mouth, ears, nose

also stop posting naruto shit lol

sorry, I just knew someone was going to compare it to that guy from the show

and he doesnt physically touch you, he waves his hands and controls the sand in air.

not like sindels and smokes at all