New "ALITY", what could be?

OWNEDality.

You mirror the opponents fatality you just killed, against them. Yes, Scorpion randomly gets ice powers and rips Sub Zero into two pieces.

Ed said it was an all new 'ality' though. It cant be brutalities. Tell us PAT!!! Lol

Sorry I can't say, and I can't even give a clue. Sorry but Ed has snipers watching my location constantly waiting for me to leak it.

But I love to see the discussion. Some great ideas and also some crazy ones.

Sorry I can't say, and I can't even give a clue. Sorry but Ed has snipers watching my location constantly waiting for me to leak it.

So how much do you know that has not been revealed? and also use a false name and email me! Noooo waaaay they would know :D

So how much do you know that has not been revealed? and also use a false name and email me! Noooo waaaay they would know :D

Not anything else actually. I knew a bit before the game was announced, and all those details have since been revealed. Only secret I know is the new "-ality" which Ed himself said in our interview he'd tell us off record (incase you are wondering).

I also had to keep Cassie Cage and the character names a secret for about 3 hours until Ed unveiled it on the Sony Playstation Live stage at E3. That was easy to keep though.

Yeah.. the super dark setting would be appropriate to have Friendships as they would be a good balance to the super dark setting. Or if there going with something completely new I'm guessing medicality... where the winner than applies bandages, slings, crutches and gently carries the defeated opponent off screen.. just as he/she is getting off screen the winner than proceeds to finish them off promptly.. just cause..lol

Pat, would saying whether we would be shocked at this new -ality count as giving a clue away? Lol

As much as I wanna know what the new "ALITY" is, I respect Pat's decision on not telling us! Let it be a surprised to us! :D

OWNEDality.

You mirror the opponents fatality you just killed, against them. Yes, Scorpion randomly gets ice powers and rips Sub Zero into two pieces.
Quan Chi already did that in MK4. And as much as I like to pretend it never existed, Jarek did the same in his MKA ending.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Not anything else actually. I knew a bit before the game was announced, and all those details have since been revealed. Only secret I know is the new "-ality" which Ed himself said in our interview he'd tell us off record (incase you are wondering).

I also had to keep Cassie Cage and the character names a secret for about 3 hours until Ed unveiled it on the Sony Playstation Live stage at E3. That was easy to keep though.

So can you at least tell us if it's something BRAND NEW? I hope he doesn't mean new as in something that wasn't in MK9. Such as Brutalities. j

^To add on to what [MENTION=2298]Immortal Reaver[/MENTION] said, can you tell us if it's more or less something that is completely unexpected, [MENTION=1]Patrick McCarron[/MENTION] ?

Maybe :"retroality"
A character becomes a old sprite (mk1-mk2 or mk3) and performs a classic fatality..
the problem with this theory...there will be a lot of new characters.

I would very much dig this....But I know it wouldnt be this. As for new ALITYS.....I'd like to see a tag team one but no other ones come to mind at this very moment..

Spoiler alert!

Its Dogeality
bef.jpg

Maybe :"retroality"
A character becomes a old sprite (mk1-mk2 or mk3) and performs a classic fatality..
the problem with this theory...there will be a lot of new characters.

I really LOVE this idea. They could also just pixelate the model with visual effects. (Saints Row did this) and do something special. I'd love this.

Pat, would saying whether we would be shocked at this new -ality count as giving a clue away? Lol

So can you at least tell us if it's something BRAND NEW? I hope he doesn't mean new as in something that wasn't in MK9. Such as Brutalities. j

^To add on to what [MENTION=2298]Immortal Reaver[/MENTION] said, can you tell us if it's more or less something that is completely unexpected, [MENTION=1]Patrick McCarron[/MENTION] ?

Okay okay you got me with peer pressure. Here's some info, but I'll spoiler wrap it so it doesn't spoil it for others.

Spoiler:
Seriously? You really think I'd tell you something that a friend told me in confidence? Not happening. But I love your commitment to pressuring me, but I won't reveal anything because it's not even my job to tease it. Let Ed do that, they have a marketing schedule for the entire game and they'll slowly reveal it over time. So just be patient.

Plus consider that I was only told an example, but it could vary completely from what I was told because it could change between now and then. It may be a completely different thing by the time it's done and fan expectations would be betrayed. That's likely why he's not revealing it yet.

Okay okay you got me with peer pressure. Here's some info, but I'll spoiler wrap it so it doesn't spoil it for others.

Spoiler:
Seriously? You really think I'd tell you something that a friend told me in confidence? Not happening. But I love your commitment to pressuring me, but I won't reveal anything because it's not even my job to tease it. Let Ed do that, they have a marketing schedule for the entire game and they'll slowly reveal it over time. So just be patient.

Plus consider that I was only told an example, but it could vary completely from what I was told because it could change between now and then. It may be a completely different thing by the time it's done and fan expectations would be betrayed. That's likely why he's not revealing it yet.

We weren't trying to pressure you, they were simple questions and a simple no could have sufficed as well. But thanks for letting us know.

We weren't trying to pressure you, they were simple questions and a simple no could have sufficed as well. But thanks for letting us know.

Umm I did say no, and then you all kept asking me to tease something. Did you not read my original post, that was a nice no. You kept bugging me so you got a less nice but meant to be funny no.

To quote myself: