Mortal Kombat X Digital Series

I didn't understand that at all. Finally I can ask :laugh:

What is this? They are doing a prequel live action for MKX?

And is this separate from Legacy?

I mean, will this be CANON?

I believe that this will be the same events from the comic and the prequel of the game, or maybe I'm just thinking out loud.

Good point.
I hope we'll get to see the Netherrealm invasion in action.

Not to be a downer but given the budget that they probably have, which I'm assuming is on par with the first two seasons, they won't be able to make that or if they do, it won't look good. I'm really curious as to how they will make Ferra/Torr and D’vorah for legacy. That sounds a lot more challenging than barracka or Ermac and those characters looked pretty awful the last two seasons. You could just really see where they were short on money.

Guys.....im not trying to be a Dbag .But we really have to stop expecting these web series to be blockbuster hits..It's something for us that's free and it's more content .Its probably not going to be a smash it like Independents Day or The Avengers ..really we need to stop..

No legacy was not great but it was MK and as a fan I appreciated it.

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

This isn't Legacy.

You're not understanding what I'm saying. It's a Web series similar to legacy and they're using a lot of the same people behind legacy. Whether it was legacy or not is irrelevant to my question. Now, assuming the budget will be similar to Legacy's, I'm wondering how they will make those characters appear in live action with the retrained budget. That sounds like a real challenge. Especially Ferra/Torr.

Who said the budget is the exact same?

They made the cyborgs work in Legacy. I don't see why Ferra/Torr would be a problem.

Cyborgs can work easier with all cg because they are metal. It's harder to make flesh look legit. I don't see them going that route with it. And being that it'll be a free Web series with pretty much the same production team, it's safe to assume that the budget will be similar. Sorry for actually using logic and having a legit question, but you know better than I do apparently.

Guys.....im not trying to be a Dbag .But we really have to stop expecting these web series to be blockbuster hits..It's something for us that's free and it's more content .Its probably not going to be a smash it like Independents Day or The Avengers ..really we need to stop..

No legacy was not great but it was MK and as a fan I appreciated it.

No one expects it to be a blockbuster hit,
If this was an indirect to how I was saying I'd like to see them recreate the Netherrealm war, I never said it would have to be Cameron Diaz as Cassie and Orlando Bloom as Kung Lao.
I just wanted to see some backlines to the war in live action.

If this was an indirect to how I was saying I'd like to see them recreate the Netherrealm war, I never said it would have to be Cameron Diaz as Cassie and Orlando Bloom as Kung Lao.
I want Mr. T as Jax...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Cyborgs can work easier with all cg because they are metal. It's harder to make flesh look legit.

Not so much harder that it won't work. They have the money to make CGI cyborgs, then they'll probably have the money to make Ferra and Torr look halfway decent.

And being that it'll be a free Web series with pretty much the same production team, it's safe to assume that the budget will be similar. Sorry for actually using logic and having a legit question, but you know better than I do apparently.

Actually, considering that this series ties in with the actual game, I could see the budget being higher. Legacy wasn't being made to sell an upcoming game. There wasn't as much riding on it, so why spend much money on it?

Plus, not very many people liked Legacy's 2nd season. They know they need to step up and get that bad taste out of our mouths.

They'll pull everything off just fine. Regardless of the budget.

You would think they would up the budget, but you never know. It's a separate series, but after the success of the first season of legacy, they actually actually had less of a budget for the second which didn't really make sense to me. I'm hoping this new director will do a good job as well. I'm actually looking forward to the fact that there will be a new director and writer.

But with what was said earlier, I do wonder how a Mortal Kombat movie would do in theatres.
I'm interested in seeing the first week sales and how successful it would be.

......I have no idea of what the hell you're talking about...I never even seen your post ...

But with what was said earlier, I do wonder how a Mortal Kombat movie would do in theatres.
I'm interested in seeing the first week sales and how successful it would be.

It's tough to say without knowing what tone they would go with it. The marketing for it obviously would have a huge impact as well. Look at Dredd; it was a good R rated comic movie but the marketing for it was horrible so no one went to see it. With a movie like this, they usually have the choice of a pg13 rating with a large budget which brings in more numbers or an R rating with a much smaller budget. Like I said though, either way it comes down to if the movie has cool trailers to determine if people want to see it the first week. The weeks after depend on the quality of the movie. I think enough people do at least know of mk but not enough to do well if the advertisements don't look good.