Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

TRUST ME GUYS, this is not an easy job, being just animating might get kind of boring and than we might tend to loose interest in this project, that's why you see bleed and me eventually jumping from one character to another

If we are using Cris's Sonya and we already have Kano, Goro, Shang, Cage, Raiden, Liu Kang, Scorp, Sub/Reptile then modeling the characters isn't really the issue. It is animating them and then getting the game programmed. Interloko hasn't shown much progress in months.

Agreed.

Raiden is pretty much done and should be sent to Arq asap though. So bleed can move onto the next character.

IMHO, right now the most important thing is animating 3D models and fortunately arq's animating skills have improved a lot over the last few months. So i think now it's all up to Bleed and arq if they have the time and interest to do things faster.

@arq it seems that you are working hard on animations cause every two or three days you're showing us at least one "almost perfect" animation. Well done and keep it up.

and then getting the game programmed. Interloko hasn't shown much progress in months.

this is why we should have been putting the word out that we're looking for programmers a long time ago.

I have no idea what forums those kind of ppl live on, find out and let them know there's an open invitation available.

this is why we should have been putting the word out that we're looking for programmers a long time ago.

I have no idea what forums those kind of ppl live on, find out and let them know there's an open invitation available.

It is a bit more complicated than that unfortunately. This is just my opinion of course, but I think whoever codes this has to be a Mortal Kombat Fanatic or they won't take the time to measure pixels from the original game to our HD game. The end result could easily end up looking awesome but then playing nothing like Mortal Kombat.Also I work with a bunch of developers at my job. Have you ever seen what is looks like when a coder works on something half-heartedly? Since coding is problem solving almost constantly you need someone who knows their stuff but also who loves and cares about MK. You can probably find one or the other, but finding both is difficult. I wish I knew someone who was a 2D Unity Expert though.

It is a bit more complicated than that unfortunately. This is just my opinion of course, but I think whoever codes this has to be a Mortal Kombat Fanatic or they won't take the time to measure pixels from the original game to our HD game. The end result could easily end up looking awesome but then playing nothing like Mortal Kombat.Also I work with a bunch of developers at my job. Have you ever seen what is looks like when a coder works on something half-heartedly? Since coding is problem solving almost constantly you need someone who knows their stuff but also who loves and cares about MK. You can probably find one or the other, but finding both is difficult. I wish I knew someone who was a 2D Unity Expert though.

It wouldn't hurt to ask for help from the guys over at neogaf or tomshardware forums.

getting ready the throwing animation...

@cal
that's a huge responsabily... the hope of many in my hands? wow

I think we can work on the animations... I will animate goro as soon as I finish with liu.

Unreal Engine 4 came out like a couple days ago. I'd rather try on there instead of Unity, and it's straight C++ now, they got rid of Unreal Script.

btw

I got a call from Warner Brothers saying we can't distribute a completed game. Doesn't matter if it's free, we can keep doing our art and showing stuff on the forum, but we have to take the website for the game down, and we can't let anybody download a working game. The lady says they don't care about a mash up, I guess she means like the typical mugen games, but what we have going is too much competition for them basically.

We can work on something original instead, if you want people to be able to download a free game.

Last edited:
Man your arms and ready for BATTLE!

jk, oh well, it is what it is...

We can use the practice from what we've made so far to create something new.

I'm not going to stop making the MK models, it's something personal and that's not a problem with them. As long a we don't make a game people can download, it's ok.

I don't know if I can put stuff out in parts for mugen, like just one character. I called and she's going to ask her higher ups.

Well, there goes this dream of one day having a true HD classic MK game(s) to enjoy. I am not a homosexual person but I've got a pretty good idea of what being F...ED IN THE ASS feels like right now. Pardon my French.
I really hope you guys make something out of this, an original game or something, anything. With your talent and passion you all deserve it, especially you Bleed. Seeing how I know f__k-all about 3d modeling, animating and coding I don't see myself here anymore so I'll gracefully bow out.

Best of luck y'all.

Last edited:
I... What... Wow... So she gonna talk to the higher ups about it then... Ok... Doesn't sound like its gonna be anything good though

Are they going to find everybody that's releasing MK characters on Mugen, the easy targets or not bother?

She wasn't sure when I asked if any type of playable fan art is against the rules, or only full games.

wouldn't that be something Ed Boon and Netherrealm would be concern about since its MK1 Remake instead of warner bros? And yeah what about all these Project MK mugen games that's out and ppl are releasing as download and etc?

I wonder if the recent drunk scorpion gifs tipped them off to pull the plug on the project. Either way, I want to say I'm proud of the work you guys have done. It sucks that we'll never get to play it. Hopefully you guys can move forward with the knowledge and lessons learned from this project. I would definitely love to see something from you guys. Especially if you guys can move out of mugen.

Thank you for the work you got done. Hope you all find jobs in the industry.

Last edited by a moderator: