Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

You have dismissed the contributions of people who wanted to be part of the solution... now you're getting Le@n's weak point in his post to shut him, seriously, I think YOU might be part of the problem.

Tried to make colors closer to default MK1. Stage looked monotonous because of similar colors.
Example: http://s017.radikal.ru/i404/1302/88/fe48060063be.png

Also dislike that you used wrong temple for background.

Yeah and there's still a lighter shading towards the middle of the wall that is missing here. You need a clean non-jpeg compressed version of the original throne room to see it though.

The MK Warehouse pics seem to be clean enough though... http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk1/arenas/throneroom/

Also forget to say about windows, they were brighter in MK1.
Hey, Smoke, you probably know, that MK Warehouse sprites not always clean..
I noticed many times, that they edited certain sprites.
Sure, I have original sprites, because worked on this stage in MUGEN.

I think YOU might be part of the problem
Yeah, Carlos, you're probably right. After such posts I don't really want to help.
I was in China during previous year and walked around this temple in Beijing.
You can search required photos with Google, they're available in network.

Last edited:
Well, they may not be clean some of the time but in this case with that background it's just fine... and cal's stage is lacking some shading on the wall still.

Well, I also don't like pattern on the carpet. And hope, that they'll change Shang Tsung later.
You should know, that John Vogel played him for this stage and MKII prologue.
Now model look like walrus and lack details on clothes.

You have dismissed the contributions of people who wanted to be part of the solution... now you're getting Le@n's weak point in his post to shut him, seriously, I think YOU might be part of the problem.

CARZ seriously what the hell are you talking about. I haven't dismissed anything anyone has posted. I always give reason for why or why not we are doing things.

But here is what I don't like:

-I don't like "insert thing". OK so at least he was specific as to what exactly he didn't like. But how about give me a solution? I don't care if he lived in the actual temple he is referencing. How much time does it take to get me a picture of it? I've seen LE@N call people names here before and often he gives 2 sentence criticisms about what he doesn't like. Fine, I'm all for it but be specific and when it is within your power to help, don't waste everyone time.

It's like this. This project is a boat in the ocean. Either get in and row or jump overboard.

Well, I also don't like pattern on the carpet. And hope, that they'll change Shang Tsung later.
You should know, that John Vogel played him for this stage and MKII prologue.
Now model look like walrus and lack details on clothes.

Wait so the model looks like a Walrus? Really? Let's just say I disagree.

"I don't like the carpet."

Thank you for wasting those three seconds of my life that I'll never get back.

Wait what don't like about the carpet? Oh the pattern! Ok, what pattern..the pattern on the edge?

Can you google an image of a pattern that would be better? Is that a "weak point" as CARZ says it is?

See Smoke and I often disagree, but at least his criticism is specific. Maybe I'm being too harsh and it is a language barrier thing. I don't really know. I'll take a look at the shading on the back wall.

Well, they may not be clean some of the time but in this case with that background it's just fine... and cal's stage is lacking some shading on the wall still.

Let's say... why are you using Justin's lifevars when JManimal's version is clearly better? Why you refuse discussing the VS screen when the only thing that could happen is that the project get a better one or that the existent one is improved?

From my perspective, this smells like ego is growing up so much that it's hurting the project. I trully hope that's not the case, or that if it's the case, it changes, for what's best for the project.

News flash Le@N,

You aren't helping by pointing out problems without offering solutions. Also you keep telling everyone you are this master of ripping graphics from Mortal Kombat yet you leave all the heavy lifting to LaLuna. In fact I've heard you criticize Mortal Kombat warehouse on multiple occasions. Well, get me a better rip of the Throne room then...THAT would actually be helpful.

Also forget to say about windows, they were brighter in MK1.
Hey, Smoke, you probably know, that MK Warehouse sprites not always clean..
I noticed many times, that they edited certain sprites.
Sure, I have original sprites, because worked on this stage in MUGEN.

Yeah, Carlos, you're probably right. After such posts I don't really want to help.
I was in China during previous year and walked around this temple in Beijing.
You can search required photos with Google, they're available in network.

Last edited:
Wait, says who? You? Who else agreed with you that JManimal's version was better. I certainly didn't agree. I'm refusing to discuss the VS screen because I don't want this project to look like a jumbled mix of what everyone voted on. Also how do we handle it when you say something like "JManimal's version is clearly better"? What if I completely disagree? Who is the tie breaker? Do we count community votes?

What happens when Le@n says Shang Tsung looks like a walrus? Should I start over? Maybe we should do it your way, and everyone can just say whatever they want. I'll make each and every change over and over again because I'm trying to make everyone happy. Eventually I'll just get frustrated and give up and so will everyone else on this project. Do you really want to see this game made? If so you'd support not starting over and over and over again. Just because some guy on the internet thinks something doesn't look good?

Let's say... why are you using Justin's lifevars when JManimal's version is clearly better? Why you refuse discussing the VS screen when the only thing that could happen is that the project get a better one or that the existent one is improved?

From my perspective, this smells like ego is growing up so much that it's hurting the project. I trully hope that's not the case, or that if it's the case, it changes, for what's best for the project.

Also to Le@n's comments about Shang Tsung and making it look like the actor that played him whether it is Ho Sung, Divizio, or Vogel...
I hope you realize that Shang's make up from the chin down is actually prosthetic. It's pointless to try and match the look of the original actor's face when it is so heavily made up. From what I can see his neck and chin is completely made of a rubber mask which is then blended into the face of the actor. That's why Shang has a huge chin.

The clothing details, I can agree with. I could probably get in more cloth folds if I were to redo it, but there is no way it looks terrible. Could it be better? Sure.

Let's say triple post just made my day.
Man, I posted recolored version, that's enough to help with stage improvement.

It's pointless to try and match the look of the original actor's face
That's why I suggested Vogel's face, it looks more majestically.
Also they use less makeup during his photosession.

Last edited:
I would like Gojira to give Tsung a shoot... what do you think about it Cal? It could be good... I mean, your Goro is AWESOME but your Tsung, not so much (in my opinion).

I just wanted to mention that I don't think he looks like a Walrus any more than the original actor or set of actors playing him looked like a Walrus with the prosthetics on. I guess a wispy fu manchu mustache can resemble walrus tusks in a way especially if it's white. Though beards\mustaches can give that sort of effect sometimes. But that's not so much a problem of the model than with the original design in general.... and short of completely changing it there isn't much that can be done... as far as the face goes anyway. Shang Tsung's face in the first game was an iffy face in general in my opinion.

The cloth, yes probably could be made to look more natural as it is although I don't think it looks too bad.

Like with the palace guard still to make it look more like a real samurai kimono for example working on the way the cloth hangs off the arm when held up like it is there which doesn't tend to be as baggy at the top of the arm. There is some grey area to that depending on what photos you look at and of course binding up the forearm kind of bunches up the material some making it more baggy... but in general what I said above.

He could also be a bit more undistorted well so that he doesn't look as "squat". I hate to sound like I'm harping or fixating too much on that though.

Cloth is pretty challenging to pull off realistically though and I'd probably settle for what we have in there right now... for either of those.

Last edited: