Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Shao Kahn bodied Kotal's entire race

5299550-3178183901-latest.jpg

Kotal isn't winning without some Kamidogu ass pull. Though I don't want Shao to come back yet. I love Kotal being a just and fair ruler of Outworld.

Man, now I want to re-read Kotal's Backstory Comic, the comics may have had some rough patches but alot of the secret origin side stories were pretty well made.

For there to be "SO many" the rest of the roster + DLC would need to be classics.

Agreed.
With Erron, D'Vorah, Cassie, Skarlet and Geras, that's already 5 spaces that aren't going to klassic characters, which is a bit of a relief, imo.

Though I don't want Shao to come back yet. I love Kotal being a just and fair ruler of Outworld.

Makes me wonder to what extent Shao Kahn will be in story mode, if he's in story mode.
I know that someone mentioned on here (not sure if it was you [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION]) that Shao would be involved in story mode for MK11, but I find it odd to have a DLC character being involved in the story unless his "death being realized" (Jade ending) is somehow applicable and it's just a cut-scene or 2 with him in it.

Shao won't be involved in story mode - if that's been 'confirmed' then it's surely a red herring. At best he'll be mentioned in backstory, and there might be a flashback featuring him and Shinnok or Krokina or whatever, but he won't be an actual NPC in story mode and I doubt he'll get anything more than a mention (like in the MKX intro).

The MK11 story won't be about Shao Kahn.

Maybe it's just me but I think Raiden and Earthrealm forces challenging Kotal and Outworld to Mortal Kombat (as suggested by some MKX endings) with Netherrealm acting as a wildcard was a much more appealing story than more time travel shenanigans. It's also weird how they went back to the past in MK9 (which was a great idea), then we get a 25 years timeskip (meh) and now we go back to the past; that's a bit messy.

We don't know the story yet so maybe it will be great but I'm not really hyped by the direction the story is going. I'm not a fan of time travel in general though, so maybe it's just me.

I was really hoping for a story about Outworld being the good guys for once, but this new story about characters fighting their past selves is really interesting to me as well. It's also more exciting having no idea who could be on this roster, since literally any character has a chance to return. Death or not.

one of you said in a previous post that D'Vorah was the second MKX (new in mkx) returning character. who was the first?

Cassie. There is a leaked intro.. Personally I am glad D‘Vorah is back. From MKX I want to see Kotal and Erron Black return. Cassie being just one Kombat kid is fine with me tbh, she is the only one I like.

Shao won't be involved in story mode - if that's been 'confirmed' then it's surely a red herring. At best he'll be mentioned in backstory, and there might be a flashback featuring him and Shinnok or Krokina or whatever, but he won't be an actual NPC in story mode and I doubt he'll get anything more than a mention (like in the MKX intro).

The MK11 story won't be about Shao Kahn.

Already been confirmed hes in the story mode. Near the January reveal someone on the team (Shaun?) Mentioned he was

Cassie. There is a leaked intro.. Personally I am glad D‘Vorah is back. From MKX I want to see Kotal and Erron Black return. Cassie being just one Kombat kid is fine with me tbh, she is the only one I like.

Yeah, I really hope it's just Cassie. I'd hate for four slots to be wasted on bringing all four of them back. I'd rather they just dropped Jacqui and Kung Jin anyway.

Already been confirmed hes in the story mode. Near the January reveal someone on the team (Shaun?) Mentioned he was

No it wasn't. That interview is being completely misinterpreted. Shaun was asked about Shao Kahn and he said "I can't talk about his role in the story." Shao Kahn having no role in the story falls squarely under that umbrella.

Hopefully. Remember how weak they were for Kotal and Goro?

That's because Kotal and Goro was never supposed to happen. Goro was meant to be neutral in the civil war, Kittelsen that came up with the cutting arms story.

So their intros were meh, same way Black is hitting on Jacqui, refusing a Black Dragon invitation because he never wanted to be one, or Cassie has never seem him before. This was all due the lack of communication and the BS freedom they gave Shawn to do whatever he pleased.

This time he's in the team, I think NRS learned their lesson, so I expect lots of burns between Shao Kahn and Kotal.

But being really honest, while Kotal was amazing in the comics, his development and participation in the game was so underwhelming that I hope Shao Kahn is successful in a counter coup.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Kotal was like "hey! You're back! I was just keeping your seat warm. Here, sit down". And wouldn't be surprised either if Shao Kahn decided to kill him or make him a general. Outworld is too weak these days, they lost their protagonism to Netherrealm and it seems this game it will be war against them once more.

Make those last two Shang Tsung and Goro and I'll be in MK heaven lol.

I forgot about Shang Tsung, but I don't see Goro making it again. I feel like we will see other new characters because it would be strange if Geras was the only new playable character. It would be the first time since Armageddon that MK had the lowest amount of newcomers.

But being really honest, while Kotal was amazing in the comics, his development and participation in the game was so underwhelming that I hope Shao Kahn is successful in a counter coup.

Well if you liked Kotal as Kittelsen wrote him in the comics, you should be pretty excited about the fact that Kittelsen will be writing him again in MK11... no?

I wonder who will be the main character? I doubt it will be Cassie again.

One of the reveal interviews strongly hinted that at least one character will be playable twice, as two different versions of themselves.

If INJ and INJ2 are anything to go by, the protagonist is the one who gets 2 chapters. So... who could really take advantage of 2 chapters? Raiden, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, that's about it. Kitana and Kung Lao don't strike me as protag material right now. So that leaves us with Raiden, Liu, Scorp, Sub.

I would be OK with all of those. As long as the protagonist is from the present timeline and not from the past. Screw the past.

No it wasn't. That interview is being completely misinterpreted. Shaun was asked about Shao Kahn and he said "I can't talk about his role in the story." Shao Kahn having no role in the story falls squarely under that umbrella.

Why not just flat out say he wont be in story mode? The previous two pre-order characters weren't in story mode. He could've just said Shao Kahn is following suit.

Also he says that's part of story that he cant talk about, when asked about Shao Kahns changes. Two strong points for

Well if you liked Kotal as Kittelsen wrote him in the comics, you should be pretty excited about the fact that Kittelsen will be writing him again in MK11... no?

I should, because that's good news for Kotal. Still, how to erase his ridiculous behavior in MKX, right? I don't expect him then of a suddenly becoming a glorious leader that honors the pacts and rules, specially with the possibility that Shao Kahn could be back, I'd rather have him at the least alive.

We all know Shao Kahn is stronger than almost everybody, I highly doubt Kotal could take him out. This is if comes by the two of them, of course. If Shao Kahn is only a DLC, I do hope Kotal mirrors his comic version. But the two of them? Would be ridiculous to see Kotal beating Shao Kahn. Not even Raiden could do it alone, after beating Liu Kang (who is capable of beating him TWICE) and being a thunder god.