Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

The only hype thing about this was Baraka. Scoprion's voice was good. Sonya was ok, if it wasn't for all that Ronda cringe. Skarlet is puke. Story mode preview was basically...MKX ending and confirmed everything we already knew. Rather lackluster. I hoped they'd show more, but this doesn't look like pre-order material yet.

Wooo boi, that was something, gameplay looks good to me, def super different from 9/X, looks like we are back to Dashes and Stamina is gone.

Our roster right now looks like:

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Baraka
Skarlet
Shao Kahn
Geras
Sonya
Kabal

(Might be missing someone)

Dude was about to say Tremor like we don't know who that really was, lol

Was he? My first thought on seeing Geras was "RIP Tremor." Similar bodytype and also a grappler, similar earth-based sledgehammer and spike attacks. Seems a bit redundant to include both.

edit: oh I get what you're saying, I'm dumb before coffee. You're saying it's obviously NOT Tremor.

So basically, Dark Raiden is the issue of everything and they'll have to keep retconning the story every time Raiden dies killing a villain.

I really hope it's not just a retcon type of lazy storyline and more of the 2 timelines interacting with each other.

XD. I think at this point I can forget Frost.

At this point I can forget to see many more of the 3D era characters, unfortunately. :(
Counted 24 slots on that menu and so far it's Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Liu Kang, Sonya, Baraka, Kabal, Skarlet & Geras.
That's 9 of 24 if Shao Kahn also doesn't count as the bonus.

The roster and size could just be an old Beta / Demo roster, but it's not looking good for those of us that want other characters back.

This game does look very casual tho. Under 30% you get a fatal blow? Screw meter management. Plus very cinematic, probably bug many pro players

This game does look very casual tho. Under 30% you get a fatal blow? Screw meter management. Plus very cinematic, probably bug many pro players

At one point Sonya's arm breaker thing didn't go into X-Ray mode. I'm guessing that once you use a "Krushing Blow" once, they don't go cinematic afterwards if used again.

One thing people aren't talking about that has me incredibly excited is that customizable character options include BATTLE INTROS and VICTORY POSES. It seemed like the obvious next step after Injustice 2 but I wasn't even getting my hopes up to be honest. It's just gonna feel so great to make my own version of every character.

It was Kabal!!!!!!

DxIvqUvW0AAe_xD.png

I'm also reading that Kano can be seen in one of the stage backgrounds at a bar

But hey, at least everyone will get to play as the same 12 characters they have the last 10 games, amirite!? I need muh classic characters! Derp

Ketchup and Mustard going into gameplay in the https://www.twitch.tv/wbgameslive link.

But hey, at least everyone will get to play as the same 12 characters they have the last 10 games, amirite!? I need muh classic characters! Derp

Yeah, I'm really hoping that that's the majority of the klassics that will be in MK11, but I'm not so optimistic.
I'd like to see Kotal, D'Vorah, Takeda and Jacqui in this game with these customization options.

Last edited:
mRgScNm.png

So... 25 slots apparently. I was hoping for more but this is not unexpected.

Also, lmao at Scorpion's variation being called "Boon's main" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This but unironically. Can't wait to spend more time with the characters I already love. :D