Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Praying to Jehovah despite the fact the leaker was on point with the cover we don't end up with Sonya Rousey :thumpdown:
Considering the fact that MMA was once labeled Human C*ckfighting, I'd say Rousey would be a perfect fit for MK voice acting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yeah crazy. That was the leak Ed Boon said was fake right?

The one that Ed Boon said was fake was the other leak on 4-chan that said that Goro, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Mileena and Ferra / Torr were unplayable.
This leak is the one that had the cover art and also mentioned the 2 new characters' names (which I will not mention for those that don't wish to be spoiled) and that Rousey was voicing Sonya.
They're 2 different leaks, though.

I can guarantee you this that the Komplete Edition will have Sub-Zero on the cover of it.

Yeah, along with Spawn and whatever other 3 guests show up in MK11, but I'm not going to wait a freakin' year to get my hands on MK11.
It just sucks that NRS has a Scorpion fetish.

That cover looks great. But...Nothing beats this:

220px-Mortal_Kombat_box_art.png

MK9...Y U WERE SO GOOD??

Yeah, along with Spawn and whatever other 3 guests show up in MK11, but I'm not going to wait a freakin' year to get my hands on MK11.

It just sucks that NRS has a Scorpion fetish.

This is why I’ve said quite a few times here that Scorpion or Sub-Zero should only be on the cover of the Premium/Kollector’s Edition of any future MK game not the generic $70 USD edition. Just slap on the Dragon Logo with lightning or blood splattered all over a dark/black background with Mortal Kombat and the number on it.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero should be on the Premium/Kollector’s Edition for the sole purpose as a marketing ploy to sell as many Premium/Kollector’s additions as possible

So this pretty much confirms the email leak in my mind (it was always the most plausible one), I am interested to see what some of the details in the leak are actually about. I'll give Ronda a chance since she has done real acting before (despite voice acting being a different ball park). I do wonder who else will be revealed since the leak does not detail all the characters to be shown.

This is why I’ve said quite a few times here that Scorpion or Sub-Zero should only be on the cover of the Premium/Kollector’s Edition of any future MK game not the generic $70 USD edition. Just slap on the Dragon Logo with lightning or blood splattered all over a dark/black background with Mortal Kombat and the number on it.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero should be on the Premium/Kollector’s Edition for the sole purpose as a marketing ploy to sell as many Premium/Kollector’s additions as possible
Mortal Kombat is another name for The Scorpion and Sub-Zero Show.

MKII and Deception covers were pretty badass.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that most gamers (casual and hardcore alike) know what this symbol means, by now:

MK logo.jpg

There are plenty of people that I know who don't play Mortal Kombat games, and if I showed them that logo, they'd immediately know where it was from.

Nothing beats Deception for me. It's so ominous. I definitely feel like they could have played up the time travel aspect for MK11 and have Klassic Scorpion facing off against new Scorpion. It's still Scorpion, but at least it's a unique take on it.

The fact that people are surprised Scorpion made the cover is comedy. At this point what the hell does everyone expect? He Brows favorite character. Hes been shoved down our throats since Midway went bankrupt. Hes logo of the development team for christ sake.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that most gamers (casual and hardcore alike) know what this symbol means, by now:

View attachment 9495

There are plenty of people that I know who don't play Mortal Kombat games, and if I showed them that logo, they'd immediately know where it was from.

Yup, and even after the subtle redesign of the logo, it's still one of the most recognizable game logos of all.

Armageddon was very intelligent IMO on not showing the whole logo, but still giving us the creeps.

Nothing beats Deception for me. It's so ominous. I definitely feel like they could have played up the time travel aspect for MK11 and have Klassic Scorpion facing off against new Scorpion. It's still Scorpion, but at least it's a unique take on it.

It's absolutely ominous. And talk about the openings? Deception's intro of the game (not the trailer, but the opening screen) had that oriental music and that mysterious light coming out of the logo. It was a pretty dark game overall.

Armageddon's opening screen is sick too. That shriek among the skulls was great. And the menu with rivals was great.

The fact that people are surprised Scorpion made the cover is comedy. At this point what the hell does everyone expect? He Brows favorite character. Hes been shoved down our throats since Midway went bankrupt. Hes logo of the development team for christ sake.
Remind me what the consequences were for omitting him from Vanilla MK3 again?