Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

One of Raiden's mirror intro's mention Shang Tsung by saying "The sorcerer is long dead"

If Shang Tsung was in the game this intro really wouldn't make sense. Shit without Shao Kahn or Quan Chi in the story I really don't see Shang having a place at all on the main roster. Bummer

Regardless, I'm pretty excited to see what this roster looks like. 25 is actually quite a bit of room, if it were a 30 slot roster I doubt nearly as many people would be worrying.

Honestly even if there were 30, there's always gonna be someone that doesn't seem to understand how fighting games work and will consider anything that doesn't have at least 40 characters too small. Some go as far as to accuse the developers of being lazy. How I wish such people would get jobs as video game developers and realize the hardship and burden they are facing and the feeling of being accused of the things they once ignorantly accused developers of.

You still don't get what I'm saying. You think this is about roster choice. I'm talking about the mechanics about them. Scorpion in MKX is wildly different from Scorpion in MK11, I'm saying he's a new character in how he functions. His spear doesn't even stun anymore unless you use meter. Sub-Zero lost his ice clone, Raiden's teleport can only be used with meter. In appearance of course they are the same characters, but I'm simply trying to explain why the roster isn't 70+ characters right now. It's because they didn't just port over Scorpion from the last game in his entirety like so many other fighting games do.

Are we positively sure that Sub-Zero doesn't have his clone anymore? I know his gameplay videos don't show him using it, but could it possibly be limited to just one of his variations?

Are we positively sure that Sub-Zero doesn't have his clone anymore? I know his gameplay videos don't show him using it, but could it possibly be limited to just one of his variations?

It was mentioned during the live stream. I can't remember exactly when, but I know it was talked about. I suppose that doesn't make it 100% confirmed though.

[MENTION=4462]KCJ506[/MENTION] [MENTION=30027]Austin Chaos[/MENTION]

Steve Brownback (16-bit) confirmed this in an interview during the reveal stream. He said that Subby is now a much more offensive-minded character and no longer has an ice klone.

One of Raiden's mirror intro's mention Shang Tsung by saying "The sorcerer is long dead"

If Shang Tsung was in the game this intro really wouldn't make sense. Shit without Shao Kahn or Quan Chi in the story I really don't see Shang having a place at all on the main roster. Bummer

We don't know what happen. He could be killed off in the story later on if he does return.

He doesn't have ice clone anymore but he does have an ice orb. It has longer startup, a smaller hitbox, can be slid under and can't block projectiles.

I always thought that it would be 1 of the characters that would make sense, especially with timelines.
A part of me wonders what would have happened if Ermac’s MKX came true and Tsung had his own agenda, without being someone’s puppet or side-kick.
At least this hopefully means another roster spot freed up for another post-MK3 character.

I do like Sonya's look and move set in the game so far. I always feel like she is the Chun Li of MK with her being in almost every MK game expect for MK2 and MKD. Johnny Cage will probably be the next character to be announced after Kabal.

[MENTION=4462]KCJ506[/MENTION] [MENTION=30027]Austin Chaos[/MENTION]

Steve Brownback (16-bit) confirmed this in an interview during the reveal stream. He said that Subby is now a much more offensive-minded character and no longer has an ice klone.

Thanks. I knew I heard it in there somewhere!

Rumor has it that Kabal will be the first DLC character announced, but I highly doubt it. It seems like a bad move for NRS if you ask me. Even Ed Boon poke fun of the idea when SC6 did last year.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had 59 characters. And that was in 2012. MKA had 63 (including the Wii exclusive Khameleon), and that was 6 years earlier.

Bar set. That's why 25 is too small.

Oh, and about TTT2 and MKA; wanna know how many guest characters those 2 games had combined? A big fat ZERO!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Was playing Armageddon after some time, quite a dream roster. If the towers were longer, a single fight mode was added and some characters were smoother, I think the game should totally be remastered. Actually, I wish it was the way it is at the least.

And there is even KAF! Add some Predator mask, and these things, there's even a hockey mask. There it is! Infinite guest characters! :)

Yeah yeah. For someone who always complains about lack of originality and "boring", it's not a surprise that you find Mileena great. A literal clone of Kitana who also shares Baraka's features. :lol: She can sit out a game, no harm will be done. Promise.

I do agree Mileena should sit out, but won't happen, Derek will find a way to shove her into our throats anyway.

You can set how the AI behaves in fights. If you want your Sub-Zero to be a defensive zoner with good anti airs, rushdown with good combos or different mixes. It was used in Injustice so you can see how the AI uses your character in certain ways, or you would use it in modes that let you use an AI as your character so you could grind for gear

But how does this work? Is this a "watch mode" or something like that?

I think this might be bad news for Shang. I mean, no intros in MKX said "you will share Shinnok's fate!" (as in MK11) or something about Mileena, Quan Chi, not even Baraka.

I think this was too direct.

I do like Sonya's look and move set in the game so far. I always feel like she is the Chun Li of MK with her being in almost every MK game expect for MK2 and MKD. Johnny Cage will probably be the next character to be announced after Kabal.

I'm glad they kept her offensive combos. In MKX she was fu to play, seems like they kept the formula.

Broken funkin record I know, but jesus christ am I excited for Kabal. Like they deadass chose Kabal to tease the very first Kombat Kast. I still can't believe it.

Unfortunately I definitely think he's getting the Cyrax treatment. Where he's going to be half of what he was in MK9. I mean I hope he isn't broken, but a low tier Kabal isn't a Kabal at all

Not being broken is literally out of character for Kabal. He was the highlight of vanilla MK3, that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Of course he would be back. How many Kabal players were never heard of when MKX came out.

Dont get me wrong still excited for him coming back, just not a sexy pick.

Of course he would be back. How many Kabal players were never heard of when MKX came out.

Dont get me wrong still excited for him coming back, just not a sexy pick.

The sexiest pick. Kabal is pure unadulterated badass. And you know his fatalblow is gonna use his hookswords, and you know it's gonna be gross, in the best way possible

Rumor has it that Kabal will be the first DLC character announced, but I highly doubt it. It seems like a bad move for NRS if you ask me. Even Ed Boon poke fun of the idea when SC6 did last year.

Why would they tease him on the stream to be announced on January 30th, only for him to be a DLC character?
I mean, if MKX is anything to go by, wouldn’t they tease him (if he is DLC) and the other 5 DLC characters in the pack, like they did with Jason, Predator, Tremor and Tanya in KP1?

In a game that is not giving privilege to kombos and the battle itself, but strategy, footsies and specials to the point where meters and refilled, cheap wins will absolutely be there more than ever.

And if Kabal is Kabal, he might leave a mark on this game like never before. Who knows MK3 Kabal finally meets his superior.