MK movie update/MK Legacy discussion

Kevin said this during the Machinima live stream. he said he was planning on creating a new character for the upcoming film (with input from NRS), that would "hopefully" be included in the next MK game as a DLC. maybe they decided to debut Legacy Season 2 this fall, in order to build up hype for the new movie. they could release a teaser/trailer after the final episode has aired (most accounts state August as prod. start, and Kevin shoots fast), and announce both the general release timeframe for the movie and the next game!

Kevin said this during the Machinima live stream. he said he was planning on creating a new character for the upcoming film (with input from NRS), that would "hopefully" be included in the next MK game as a DLC. maybe they decided to debut Legacy Season 2 this fall, in order to build up hype for the new movie. they could release a teaser/trailer after the final episode has aired (most accounts state August as prod. start, and Kevin shoots fast), and announce both the general release timeframe for the movie and the next game!

I just hope that this new character that he's trying to work on (which will also be in the game) is Tremor, because Tremor NEEDS to be in MK10.

if he is creating a new character then is not tremor, he was in ps vita already,

i dont get why they want to create a new character for a movie when they have 30 or more iconic characters people have been waiting decades to see on screen, just like the first movie, with art dean i think fighting goro, i didnt give a shit about that guy and it took a few minutes from the movie, even as a kid i was pissed off, i wanted to see someone else from the game, also that guy fighting liu kang with the stick... at least i believe kevin will do a good job but it would be better not to introduce anyone new at least not in the first film

did he talk about the films storyline? he already used the tournament for legacy 2

Ah gotta see it without the glitches to actually judge the fighting. Pretty decent looking but wasn't feeling the music and sound effects of the hits.

if he is creating a new character then is not tremor, he was in ps vita already,

Oh, you mean that piece of shit half-assed creation in the Challenge Tower with Jax and Smokes moves and Noob Saibot's character icon???
NO.
Sorry.
That was a cheap half-assed attempt to just throw him in at the last minute.

Tremor being a fully playable character in MK10 WOULD be a new character, since he's never been on the roster of any MK fighter.
So technically, YES, he would indeed be a new character in an MK fighting game.

Honestly I don get why alot of people want tremor anyway. I hope he's not gonna be on it, thats a waste of space for more worthy editions. Tremor is shit from a whore.

I was not really feelin' the fight... till this day, the best live action scorp/subzero fight ive seen is still the one on 'conquest'.

once more, Sub Zero's costume is a shit sandwich. He's fighting fukin Scorpion and he's dressed up to play fukin paintball... i liked it more when he was fighting in his PJs in the first season.

scorp seemed pretty nice, I hope he does a fatality on sub zero.

Honestly I don get why alot of people want tremor anyway. I hope he's not gonna be on it, thats a waste of space for more worthy editions. Tremor is shit from a whore.

Don't hate.
I really hope he is in MK10.
Tremor would be an awesome character to have on the roster, especially considering his earth based power possibilities.
A character with earth based powers in an MK game would be a breath of fresh air.

Don't hate.
I really hope he is in MK10.
Tremor would be an awesome character to have on the roster, especially considering his earth based power possibilities.
A character with earth based powers in an MK game would be a breath of fresh air.

Believe me...im not hatin on Tremor. The man's not worth his weight in piss.

a new char who isnt a fukkin ninja would be a breath of fresh air.

Believe me...im not hatin on Tremor.

Really?

The man's not worth his weight in piss.

a new char who isnt a fukkin ninja would be a breath of fresh air.

Maybe I'm wrong and you do like him. :laugh:

On a serious note:

You're acting like Tremor HAS to appear in the game as a ninja or a palette swap, though.
Who ever said that Tremor HAD to be a ninja in MK10?
Don't assume that he'll be a ninja.
This isn't 1995.
Last time I checked, Ermac, Reptile and Rain looked COMPLETELY different in MK9.
Even Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot and Smoke looked completely different, and they were all "ninjas" back in the day.

Really?

Maybe I'm wrong and you do like him. :laugh:

On a serious note:

You're acting like Tremor HAS to appear in the game as a ninja or a palette swap, though.
Who ever said that Tremor HAD to be a ninja in MK10?
Don't assume that he'll be a ninja.
This isn't 1995.
Last time I checked, Ermac, Reptile and Rain looked COMPLETELY different in MK9.
Even Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot and Smoke looked completely different, and they were all "ninjas" back in the day.

I dont hate tremor but i dont care for him, never have, he is a shit char from a shitty game. period

Tremor is known as the brown buff ninja. im sure they wont stray too far from that concept and he will still be classified as a Ninja char. especially given the lack of attention he already receives from NRS, so lacking that they just put him in Vita as a MK3 skinned brown NINJA. did not even bother making him a new costume or nothing. I dont blame them, why would they want to caress shit?

i have every reason to jump to the assumption that tremor will be a ninja in his next appearance and im willing to bet that ill land on proper footing.
I know, its 2013... :p

500px-363,1864,0,1500-10_Red_Rangers.jpg

these guys look COMPLETELY different too...came from different time periods and everything, but they are still classified as 'Power Rangers"...

Last edited:
I don't understand. In your previous post, you said he was a waste of character. If you didn't care for him, then you wouldn't care if he's in or even say bad things about him when fans say we want him in.

Don't hate bro.

Big difference between the Ninjas and power rangers. Almost every ninja have different reasons to be in MK. Power rangers, they're all just there to save the world from evil. So just because he's a ninja will not mean he's there to look for revenge, or to serve Quan Chi.

Besides, I'm sure if they bring in Tremor, NRS would do a good job. They didn't do a good job pleasing the fans previously. Be positive.
Since Boon said Chamleon isn't coming back( :/ ) he'll mostly likely replace him to be the 9th ninja character.

I don't understand. In your previous post, you said he was a waste of character. If you didn't care for him, then you wouldn't care if he's in or even say bad things about him when fans say we want him in.

Don't hate bro.

Big difference between the Ninjas and power rangers. Almost every ninja have different reasons to be in MK. Power rangers, they're all just there to save the world from evil. So just because he's a ninja will not mean he's there to look for revenge, or to serve Quan Chi.

Besides, I'm sure if they bring in Tremor, NRS would do a good job. They didn't do a good job pleasing the fans previously. Be positive.
Since Boon said Chamleon isn't coming back( :/ ) he'll mostly likely replace him to be the 9th ninja character.

MY hate and your hate seem like two different hates. HATE is a STRONG word to me, DISLIKE is not as strong...

I dislike tremor, I dont hate him. I dont HATE any fictional char.

anyhoo, Yes some MK chars IMO, are worthless though, like tremor, stryker, sheeva. i dont hate these chars but I feel more worthy chars can replace them and therefore i DO care wither or not if they are included in the roster on MK:X or future games. MK9 was an exception because that was MK1-3 and they were involved in that. BUT anything after?...fuk em.

WHY do i dislike them? because IMO, i feel they are shitty creations from Midway/NRS compared to the others they have created.(hence why i said earlier 'shit from a whore'. I can say why i dont like someone or something without being called a 'hater'. Most dont even understand just how strong that word is, instead use it so loosely as if your saying your typical 'I dont like someone or something'. Dislike and Hate ARE on different levels. same concept, but different levels.

If i HATED tremor, if he was on MK:X i would not even buy the game simply because that fukker is on it. THAT is HATE!! lol

I may not care for the char, but that does not imply that i also dont care if he takes up valuable roster space. Why would I want a char whom i feel is worthless to take the place of: possible chars I DO like, more important chars storywise, or brand spankin new recruits whose worth is yet to be determined but interesting none the less? Especially when:

1) im SO SO SO eager for NRS to come up with a NEW char(s)

2) im in such good company about not liking tremor...at least the company of people with position of who decides these things(NRS).

You missed the point of my PR comparison. What im saying is that despite the different looks, scorp, subz and them are still "Ninja Chars".
Despite the different looks, those people in the red suits up there are ALL still what we call a "POWER RANGER".

"Their purpose in the story" is a moot point in what im trying to say, which is, that no matter how different scorpion will look through the ages, he will STILL be a 'Ninja char' in the MK franchise and his costumes wont stray too far from that concept. He still has a ninja like mask that hides himself, ninja weapons, and he still has that ninja feel about him. Same with subz, reptile, Noob, Ermac, rain, smoke(definitely), Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Skarlet; why would tremor be any different?

they are ALL 'ninjas', you have your: dead fire ninja, ice ninja, lizard ninja, 'TK' ninja, water and lightning ninja, smoke ninja, slutty girl ninjas. now then, lets compare that to PRs, you have your: mighty morphin ranger, your NINJA RANGER!, your zeo ranger, your turbo ranger, your space ranger, your lost galaxy ranger, your lightspeed rescue ranger, your timeforce ranger, your wild force ranger... lol

You even said it yourself, "9th Ninja Char". That is my point to the commander. Im willing to bet that tremor will be a "Ninja char"(if he gets put in; a decision I yet hold in doubt), but I think they need a new char who is NOT a ninja for once.

"dont assume he will be a ninja" well he aint goin look like johnny cage... lol

that is all. sorry for it being so long.

Last edited:
Sorry to get off topic, but does anyone have a mirror for that clip they premiered on the stream? Machinima made the stream private, and noone's posted anything.

Oh, you mean that piece of shit half-assed creation in the Challenge Tower with Jax and Smokes moves and Noob Saibot's character icon???
NO.
Sorry.
That was a cheap half-assed attempt to just throw him in at the last minute.

Tremor being a fully playable character in MK10 WOULD be a new character, since he's never been on the roster of any MK fighter.
So technically, YES, he would indeed be a new character in an MK fighting game.

lol I agree with you, I want Tremor and I want him to be like some hooded desert clothes looking dude, maybe with like a camel's skull under the hood to cover his face or something of that nature.

Not saying he's a sand ninja I just kind of want his theme to be "sandish- middle east" look to him. although sand constitutes as ground.

But the reason I quote this, is I don't think he was saying Tremor in vita is considered "tremor" being in the game.

He's just stating the fact that he existed in a mortal kombat game, means he can't be new, meaning you should put it out of your mind that Kevin is referring to Tremor when he talks of a new character, maybe tremor will be in it. But when it comes to a "new" character, the definition of new would suggest a never before seen character.