MK HD Kollection

Re: November quickly approaching

I don't think it has any relevancy.

I've also bee waiting for this Trilogy to come out on Blu-Ray, FOR YEARS.
The Back To The Future Trilogy 25th Anniversay Blu-Ray pack, actually comes out on Tuesday October 26th.
It has nothing to do with Mortal Kombat.

Not EVERYTHING that Ed Boon tweets is MK related.

thexx25 said:
Just because the game is supposed to be released in less than one month, and we still know nothing official about this game, and still SAW nothing !

We were told that they had already been filming the actors in EARLY August.
So, for all we know, they could have been working on the Kollection WAY before then.

We don't know that

You might be right. Ed Boon is well known for his jokes, metaphores and hidden meanings so I thought to share this.

I thought that only happened once and ever since, the date hasn't changed anyway. Am I mistaken?

You're correct, as far as I know. The only dates I've seen are November 16th (though, occasionally, you'll see 17th or 18th, but that's technically the same... probably just for different regions anyway) and, recently, November 1st (some guy told @TRMK on Twitter he had preordered the game from GAME [UK] and his receipt stated it would be available 11/1/10).

The Back To The Future Trilogy 25th Anniversay Blu-Ray pack, actually comes out on Tuesday October 26th.

We don't know that[/QUOTE]

well if thats true,this will b the first product ever released in history without ANY advertisements.i know its not coming out nov,dec or jan maybe but not nov

Last edited:

We don't know that[/QUOTE]

MAGNUM2699 said:
well if thats true,this will b the first product ever released in history without ANY advertisements.i know its not coming out nov,dec or jan maybe but not nov

I'm not saying that it won't have advertisements before it comes out.
I'm just saying that Back To The Future has nothing to do with it.

I mean on Tuesday Ed Boon tweeted:
Finally got to work. Bad traffic. :(
^^
Does it have any thing to do with the release of MK 9, or the HD Kollection?
NO.
Not everything he tweets is MK related.

I mean on Tuesday Ed Boon tweeted:
Finally got to work. Bad traffic. :(
^^
Does it have any thing to do with the release of MK 9, or the HD Kollection?
NO.
Not everything he tweets is MK related.

Stryker's Friendship from Mortal Kombat 3 was a crossing guard! OMGZZZ!11 Stryker'zzz confirmd!!1

Maybe they shot some footage and then some executive decided to can the whole thing. Or maybe something catastrophic happened and they are way behind schedule.

However, I wouldn't rule out a dual release on both disc and PSN.

When has this ever happened?

Last edited:

Today, Sony posted on their blog that the release date of Sly Cooper HD Collection for PS is on November 9, 12 days from now. We knew the game was coming, but we didn't know the release date, and only find out the exact date less than 2 weeks away from release.

This bodes well for the MK Collection, since there are still 19 days until the rumored release date of 11/16 (or 21 until the 11/18 date). Which makes it very possible that it could be announced Monday (15 or 17 days before release) on the MK website when the countdown ends.

Also there has to be a reason that this MKast episode 2 is split into 4 parts. I believe that this coming episode 2.2.2 on Monday will either talk about the new character/stage that will be revealed tonight on GameTrailers, or if it happens, talk about the MK Collection announcement from their website countdown ending.

If they release all of the parts of the MKast a week apart, the final 4th part of this episode 2, will fall on 11/15, the day before 11/16. Very interesting. By then it should have been announced already, and they can show some final clips of it and say buy it tomorrow in stores.

Interesting, but the difference is that the Sly Cooper game had been officially announced by Sony, but was just lacking an official release date. MKHD, however, hasn't even been mentioned by anyone involved with WB or NR. That part is simply bizarre. There is enough evidence out there to believe the game exists and might be released in November, but at this point, it can only be a rumor. I really just wish WB or NR would either confirm it, if it does exist or deny it, if it doesn't. These mind games are just insanity!

i think it is just a rumor

Agreed, though I really want this game to happen all the details are too vague, there should be at least a few leaked images by now, they're not going to sell a game like this unless they do some kind of official announcement, advertising. I've read Ed Boon was asked directly about this and changed the subject, they should at least have the decency to openly deny this game, that way we will stop speculating/hoping about this game and just bring back the upscaled MK II on PSN. At the end of the day I think this is just a huge joke being played on us fans of the original games.

i think it is just a rumor

I have faith in McCarron's journalistic integrity. He reported it and has absolutely no reason to just speculate or go on hearsay. Not only that, but there are numerous websites online listing it. I don't believe they simply list fake games or fan rumored games. There is something to this project.

Now, there is always the possibility that the game was being made and then was stopped and has since been either put on hold indefinitely or cancelled altogether. Hopefully the MK team is just messing with us and waiting until the absolute last possible second to announce it (for what reason is anyone's guess). Something is up, I just wish someone... anyone... at NR or WB would fill us in - good or bad.

Now, there is always the possibility that the game was being made and then was stopped and has since been either put on hold indefinitely or cancelled altogether. Hopefully the MK team is just messing with us and waiting until the absolute last possible second to announce it (for what reason is anyone's guess). Something is up, I just wish someone... anyone... at NR or WB would fill us in - good or bad.[/QUOTE]

This is EXACTLY what I mean, I don't know if they think its cute to keep everyone in suspense about this, but this is beyond irritating, if anything they should say its been cancelled, or yes we are working on it, but keeping a lid on every detail is ludicrous, I've never seen a game thats supposedly about to be released be shrouded in absolute mystery. Like I said, we should have at least some screens or at the very least a confirmation by now, don't get me wrong, I'm sour about all this uncertanty, but if I see this game magically appear at Gamestop Nov. 18, I will pick it up!

This is EXACTLY what I mean, I don't know if they think its cute to keep everyone in suspense about this, but this is beyond irritating, if anything they should say its been cancelled, or yes we are working on it, but keeping a lid on every detail is ludicrous, I've never seen a game thats supposedly about to be released be shrouded in absolute mystery. Like I said, we should have at least some screens or at the very least a confirmation by now, don't get me wrong, I'm sour about all this uncertanty, but if I see this game magically appear at Gamestop Nov. 18, I will pick it up!

If you didn't want your better-looking older brother hooking up with a girl you're interested in, I think the last thing you'd wanna do is introduce him to her. Same thing works with games - you don't hype one game if you're wanting another game to sell better.

From what I can tell (by speaking to some gamer friends and from YT views), the Rebirth movie trailer is more famous than the new MK game, so I can see why they might want more focus on the new MK than anything else MK-related. Hyping the Kollection could easily over-shadow the new game considering it contains the most renowned games in the series.

I also believe it'll be released on the 16th since that's a Tuesday, and that's when games are typically released.

Agreed, though I really want this game to happen all the details are too vague, there should be at least a few leaked images by now, they're not going to sell a game like this unless they do some kind of official announcement, advertising. I've read Ed Boon was asked directly about this and changed the subject, they should at least have the decency to openly deny this game, that way we will stop speculating/hoping about this game and just bring back the upscaled MK II on PSN. At the end of the day I think this is just a huge joke being played on us fans of the original games.

i agree totally

As far as I'm concerned, keeping MK in the spotlight and relevant can only help MK2011. I have believed all along that, regardless of how this game is to be packaged, there is no need for a major marketing campaign. At this point, does it even need it? Most Mortal Kombat fans are aware of the game's possible existence and will buy it the minute it's for sale. To not confirm or deny it is bizarre. Would doing either of those hurt hype for MK2011? I think not. NR has nothing to lose by announcing that yes, this game does exist and will be released on X date. Likewise, it won't hurt them by actually answering a direct question and saying, "No, the game doesn't exist."

Most Mortal Kombat fans are aware of the game's possible existence and will buy it the minute it's for sale.

I doubt many people are aware of it's existence. I am a MK fan and didn't hear about it before joining this forum, and I came here for MK 9. Of course I am happy with that HD compilation and i'll buy it but I wouldn't have known if I didn't subscribe here. Now not every MK fan will join the forums (most probably they just need to know the release date of MK 9 and don't care about seeing fatalities & and new stages).
I told 23 friends about it (long time fans of the franchise) and none knew of its existence. They were surprised the game will be released in 4 weeks (that was a week ago) and that they never heard of it...

Announcement imminent?

The fact is that people get games before the shelf date. And when they do, 99% of the time they leak it. If this game is real, which I believe it is, and an announcement isnt made soon, this game has the chance to leak like a diaper. Seeing as though the powers that be are trying desperately to keep this thing under wraps, I'd think that an announcement would be made soon.

Alternate viewpoint: The game is less than a month from release. If it were real, it would've leaked by now.