Midway PC MK4 Patch 3???

Yoeddy1

I have scoured the web and cannot find the mk4patch3.zip that Midway released for the PC. I have the official patch 1, but cannot for the life of me find their official patch 3. I have this game on PC cd rom and am going to incorporate it into my arcade machine.

If someone could send it to me or tell me where it can be had, I would be forever gratefull!

Thanks!

I already have a complete set of MAME roms/chd's, but MK4 in MAME doesn't work right. If someone has the PC version patch, please PM, email, or direct me to a download link.

Cheers,

The MK4 for MAME isnt finished, but the jamma board came out 10 years ago in the arcade and needs no patches. Besides, no rom or CD-Rom compares to playing the jamma board. Its the way the game was made to play.:-D

Was just going to bring up MAME, but then I had some issues with MAME with UMK3 online...damn things kept telling me "file corrupt" or some BS...really annoying I have to tell ya.

With MK4, is there an option Tim to allow you to play online against other people dude?

Was just going to bring up MAME, but then I had some issues with MAME with UMK3 online...damn things kept telling me "file corrupt" or some BS...really annoying I have to tell ya.

With MK4, is there an option Tim to allow you to play online against other people dude?

With the PC version or Mame?

(I just now saw this:()

This is probably the only place with the Patch left on the internet from what I could tell. So glad we can help!

Is been so long, I almost forgot they made PC versions of the MK games. I remember the "scene" when MK3 PC came out, I had it on 20+ floppies. It's so weird to think how primitive the internet used to be.

lol, np man. With MAME, but if PC allows online play that's good too lol

The MAME version hasnt been fully emulated yet. Its playable, but you can easily seen what isnt completed. :(

I dont believe there is anyway to play the PC version online. But there is a emulator out there that will allow you to play a ROM of the poopy N64 version, which also is the best of the ports of MK4 released.

N64 MK4 >>> PC, PSX MK4

Don't forget about the DreamCast version. In my opinion, MK Gold was the closest to the Arcade version. Plus it had 8 playable characters that didn't make it to the final build of the Arcade.

Recently there has been quite a few updates to the DC emulators. Not sure if MK Gold works, but its worth a shot.

**Update**
Apparently the DC emulator nullDC can run the game at full speed with just some minor sound issues. You can see for yourself here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSNAfSA-U8U

That video shows the game running on the previous version of the emu. nullDC has since been updated to ver. 1.0.3

Last edited:
Don't forget about the DreamCast version. In my opinion, MK Gold was the closest to the Arcade version. Plus it had 8 playable characters that didn't make it to the final build of the Arcade.

Recently there has been quite a few updates to the DC emulators. Not sure if MK Gold works, but its worth a shot.

Its far from the arcade version. An those characters were made specifically for the DC version, not the arcade.

And the addition of those characters totally broke the game. Its still fun, but the only version of MK4 worth playing is on a cab, Rv3.0.

between the home console versions, DC, PC, PSX, N64, even tho the DC version added those extra characters, I thought it was the weakest of the 4 gameplay wise. just didn't flow with those new additions...

The MAME version hasnt been fully emulated yet. Its playable, but you can easily seen what isnt completed. :(

I dont believe there is anyway to play the PC version online. But there is a emulator out there that will allow you to play a ROM of the poopy N64 version, which also is the best of the ports of MK4 released.

N64 MK4 >>> PC, PSX MK4

The ROM of N64 MK4 lets you play online? Sweet...heyy it's not poopy : ( lol I agree though, compared to the other versions N64 reigns Supreme, I also enjoyed MKG but sadly so broken...

I'm sure in I'm a huge minority but I'd rather play MK4 any day over MK: D lol

From personal experience in this given field, you need to first get WinRAR installed, then get all three packages They're all there. (MK Trilogy will now work if you don't have an XP PC) (it's required to have XP to get it working, but the others should work no problem) afterwards you should delete WinRAR from your PC, i did, but then again i have a risk-prevention-thing goin so.........
I hope this info helps you alot.

Last edited: