Microsoft E3 HYPE

Hell yeah, Dking.

j7hrcgw.gif

I'm really excited for Gears 4 because it seems to have a new cast, just like I wished for. I hope PS4 reveals something that'll make me buy the console. Uncharted 4 might, once I finish the series on my PS3.

Lol yeah man you totally called that in your earlier post.

As for PS4's E3, they're gonna need to step it up big time to beat Microsoft.
I hope they don't disappoint...

That's fine and dandy for you. But there are no exclusives that interest me coming for the Xbone. I watched it, hoping there would be a reason to maybe get an Xbone, but I couldn't find one.

Bethesda's showcase stomped all over the Xbone show, each game looked leagues better than what M$ brought to the table. The only thing that made me possibly consider getting an Xbone would be porting mods to Fallout 4, but that's not enough to get me to drop 350+ on a new system.

The problem is simple, really... you're not much of an Xbox fan

but for people like me and [MENTION=7144]Shirayuki Mizore[/MENTION] this E3 was great because we got long awaited sequels to games we love, backwards capability FOR FREE (Finally!), Awesome new elite controller, new IPs, and a bunch of other stuff.

I never was a fan of Fallout and RPGs don't interest me much but hey, that's just me.
Also the reason why I wasn't very impressed with Bethesda's E3. But I know alot of people were! It had half a million live viewers on twitch alone!

Looking forward to grabbing both Halo 5: Guardians and Rise of the Tomb Raider later on this year, especially liking the revamp gameplay the latest Tomb Raider series has now brought and story as well.

Also want that new controller as well for my fighting games. AND BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY!!! I hope that one is feature that can be downloaded instead of buying a new damn console.

By the way, what do you guys think about the new holo lens from Microsoft?

The holo lens is pretty intense, but I don't like Minecraft so while it was impressive, can't say I'm interested in it yet until they show how it works with some other games.

I give this a C-. It was good in what it will be providing, but they shown as much gameplay as last year's E3. None of the games that had gameplay showed anything that made them stand out. The used Fallout 4 in their conference. Most of the games they've shown will be at the other conferences. A majority of the games were multi platform. And finally, we can all look at these games and tell they were the PC versions of the games. This didn't do better than Bethesda's conference, but it was way better than last year.

By the way, what do you guys think about the new holo lens from Microsoft?

I missed that small part of E3.
seems cool though.

Also for anyone who doesn't know, Dark Souls 3 will have the same director as Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne.

Which is GREAT news considering those games are the best in the series because of him.

The used Fallout 4 in their conference.

Because mods are coming exclusively to Xbox One. It's not like the guy was going to come out, say just that, and then leave. Xbox is obviously going to let Bethesda promote their game a bit there too, and they even added in the Phil Spencer character that was funny.

Also for anyone who doesn't know, Dark Souls 3 will have the same director as Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne.

Which is GREAT news considering those games are the best in the series because of him.

Miyazaki is a game design guru, right up there with Kojima.

Only things that interested me were the Indie Games. That Cuphead game looked amazing. Nice to see an indie dev team actually put creative effort in to their graphics instead of just making everything 16 bit.

I'm just glad that Fallout 4 isn't a timed exclusive. I have an XB1, but I'll probably sell it.

It was much, MUCH better than Bethesda's and wanna know the crazy part? i don't even own an Xbox one anymore but this E3 sure as hell made me want to buy one.

To each his own.
For me, Bethesda won E3 hands down.
Between Doom and Dishonored 2, I was completely blown away and I'm more excited for those 2 IPs than anything else after the gameplay demo (Doom) and trailer (Dishonored 2), respectively.
Aside from BC and maybe the holo lens demo, I didn't get that same "wow" factor from MS.
That's not a bad thing, though, because MS stepped up their game which Sony now has to answer to.

That's perfectly fine with me ^

This made me Lol on Ed's Twitter
yzz4G6W.png

9mxTbuM.png

Not only is it backwards capable but it has online also so that's awesome

Can't say I'm excited for Halo 5 myself. Out of what I saw, it looks too reminiscent of COD: Advanced Warfare to me in terms of movement and such. Being able to ADS now also increases the similarity. Hopefully down the line they'll change my mind though.

I take it you missed the beta they had going on a while back?

Halo 5's multiplayer was the sh*t!!

And that's coming from a guy who hates 343's guts for how they butchered the Master chief collection.
COD and Halo 5 may look similar but play very differently. Advanced Warfare was the only COD I hated and didn't even bother getting into so trust me when I say it's nothing like that. The whole aiming down sights thing has kinda always been in Halo games but now it just looks different. The running mechanic, unlike COD, actually gets you out of dangerous situations and comes in handy quite alot.

343 really stepped their game up from Halo 4. Now they're doing an even better job at putting the lore from the books into Halo than Bungie. I still love the older ones better tho

Sony brought out Shenmue 3 and Uncharted 4.

FFVII is timed, Hitman isn't exclusive, and they showed off COD, Destiny, Disney Infinity, Batman (which comes out in a week lol), and Assassin's Creed. I'm not impressed overall.

I don't understand the hype around that game at all. It's just a platformer in terms of gameplay. The art style looks nice, but I would prefer a game that both looks beautiful, and is appealing in terms of gameplay like Shadow of the Colossus.

Pretty hyped for this, I saw the MS E3 gig and it was a pleasant surprise.

Question: will this apply to Arcade games on your account, or just retail games? I'm not too bothered about retail games (though it'd be nice, obviously) but I have a number of arcade games (DN3D, DOOM, TWD, etc.) on my 360 that I rarely play now, but I would play on the XB1 if I could.

For me, that would be awesome.