Kung Lao = BROKEN

This is a forum, not Ed Boon's personal suggestion page.
Tell us why Kung Lao is broken.

Kung Lao's spin has always been broken, I said this **it would happen the minute I saw the combo reveal trailer for him...

He NEEDS to be nerfed, there's no question about that, there's no "u mad" or "you got whooped" no frankly I haven't, I am on PSN, haven't got to play online at all...

But from what I've seen, what I've done, and what everyone else has said, he's damn broke, and it's true, he has too many good tools, first they need to remove or either nerf the hell out of his teleport throw, and then they need to do something about his Spin...

I am not about to get UMK3'd with this spin crap again, I don't turtle when I play, and if I have to turtles kung laos like UMK3 i'm not going to be happy.

This game needs to be balanced and needs to be taken fair, this is MK and it's about damn time one gets tournament level, so before the hiveminds and trolls come bashing away, think about the game before making an ass out of yourself.

Been pointed out already, but that spin, pretty godly, anti air, combo starter, random launcher.

Lot of stuff they could do with it, add start up time, make it 3-4 hits to scale all combo's started with it. NRS need to get things balanced well before EVO.

Kung Lao's spin has always been broken, I said this **it would happen the minute I saw the combo reveal trailer for him...

He NEEDS to be nerfed, there's no question about that, there's no "u mad" or "you got whooped" no frankly I haven't, I am on PSN, haven't got to play online at all...

But from what I've seen, what I've done, and what everyone else has said, he's damn broke, and it's true, he has too many good tools, first they need to remove or either nerf the hell out of his teleport throw, and then they need to do something about his Spin...

I am not about to get UMK3'd with this spin crap again, I don't turtle when I play, and if I have to turtles kung laos like UMK3 i'm not going to be happy.

This game needs to be balanced and needs to be taken fair, this is MK and it's about damn time one gets tournament level, so before the hiveminds and trolls come bashing away, think about the game before making an ass out of yourself.

Very well said. It's not about just pointing out flaws to be a troll, it's about pointing them out so NRS can fix them and make this awesome game balanced so it'll still be played competitively for many months.

If you nerf Kung Lao's spin then he'll become a piece of crap and definitely won't be top tier, btw how do you plan they will be fixing kung laos spin no more aa lmao? Also if you can't see to avoid his teleport throw then you're bad all you need to do is duck uppercut plain and simple bro.

People are always going to cry about top tier toons. If Kung Lao gets nerfed then the next strongest charcter is going to produce a group of cryers, and the cycle goes on.

that spin is completley invincible on wake up, and his flying kick is SOOOOOO Anoying cause he can do it like 2 feet off the ground... i am 100% sure there will be alot of kung laos in tournaments...

but his teleport isnt very safe; and his flying kick makes him spin (i think) if it is blocked... the only thing you really gotta watch out for is his spin on wake up, and dont jump in too much against him

i like to play kung laos though because he is really a challenge, but it is so rewarding when i beat him!

So just because 2 good Kung Lao players made it to the finals of the first MK tournament all hell breaks loose? WTF is with you people? Your first major fighting game or what? Sounds like you guys hear some commentator say oh this is godlike, or this is broken and jump the wagon like hookers on a dry Saturday night. Those spins were predictable as shit, I was surprised that 2 tournament players were falling for them over and over again. Watching that stream, following every move or w/e I kept telling myself what I would do at THAT specific moment, and falling for that spin as much as they were was not part of my drill today.

Give the game atleast SOME time before whining about who needs nerfed, the game hasn't even been out a week.

Last edited:
Guy above is a simpleton.

If KL can make every anti-air into a 70%+ combo with ease using his spin he immediately becomes the best character in the game, who else can do this?

Kung Lao is a top tier since his early conception, and since the beggining, when people started to pay attention in some of his devasting combos .... he is better than Shang and Nightwolf, despite the Prima guide put that dubious tier list .....

Anyway, he is not totally invencible, and, with the correct tactic / strategy, you can win with other character .... MK 2011 has not a huge abysm of diference, in a way you cannot win never against a high top tier character .....

People simply need to adjust to everything, just like in every other game out there be it a fighting game or a shooter or RTS. Here are a few ideas: How about stop jumping on Kung Lao? How about block baiting Kung Lao on wake up? Do people jump at Sagats and Ryus in Street Fighter as well? His teleport is balls, just duck and uppercut.

Last edited: