Kollectors Edition!

the_sim said:
RR said:
Billabong said:
Yeah, it's fun. But I think MK2 is better. :p MK2 beats all.
Yes, MKII was the original that took me away from Street Fighter, and made me a Mortal Kombat fan ever since... Somedays i even skipped school, and hung out at the arcade all day just playing it.

Heh, lol.

I would like to buy the Sub-Zero PS2 version, but I don't know if we (Europeans) will get it.

I asked Midway and this is their answer:

Thank you for contacting Midway Games. I do not have a definite date for the PAL release at this time. The collector’s editions for PAL are up in the air at this point in time. More information will be available soon.

the_sim said:
jgreenwo said:
I've also already reserved a copy of the Sub-Zero PS2 version. I'm looking forward to the playable MK1 game that is included.
Me to... since i have never played the original MK.

You have in fact just offended my religion. How the hell could you not have played the original? Damn, I thought everyone has. oh well, hope you enjoy it. I think I'm more looking forward the the reissue of MK2 and 3. I hate the damn fighting styles in the new games. Pisses me off to no end. btw, I reserved it on ps2 :) :twisted:

the_sim said:
RR said:
Love Cowboy said:
RR said:
Even though I have it on Genesis. :p

whoa dude... apples to oranges my friend

Um, ok? :? Lol?
lol... meaning you are like one of the rarest members to still have it on Genesis... let alone even still have that system.

Um, no that's not what I meant at all.... (I still have my Genesis too LOL). Actually, I meant that comparing the Genesis version of MKI to any other version is like comparing apples to oranges. The technology back then was so bad that the home versions of MKI were much much worse in comparison to the arcade than the home versions of later MKs, and the MKI Genesis version outdid them all in terms of crappiness. The playable version of MKI in MKD would be way better than the Genesis version, if not an exact replication of the arcade.

Love Cowboy said:
The playable version of MKI in MKD would be way better than the Genesis version, if not an exact replication of the arcade.

I think it is supposed to be an exact replication of the arcade version. You are right about the Genesis version being crappy. I never even bought the home version of the game when it came out because I was so used to the arcade. I would rather just go spend the $50 that it would cost to buy the game at the arcades instead.

i am by far too refined to be bothered by the novelty and gimmick of such a concept as Kollector's Ed. The base model will do.

ADullBoy said:
i am by far too refined to be bothered by the novelty and gimmick of such a concept as Kollector's Ed. The base model will do.

I really do want the MK1 game though. If that wasn't included, I wouldn't give a damn about the collector's pack. I'll never watch the extra videos and all that other crap. They might as well just put all that stuff in the krypt for all I care, because nothing good is in there anyway, except unlocking new characters and arenas.

jgreenwo said:
ADullBoy said:

I really do want the MK1 game though. If that wasn't included, I wouldn't give a damn about the collector's pack. I'll never watch the extra videos and all that other crap. They might as well just put all that stuff in the krypt for all I care, because nothing good is in there anyway, except unlocking new characters and arenas.

Now if they just put MK1 online...Holy cow, would that be worth it!

jgreenwo said:
ADullBoy said:

That's the way I feel. I do think it's cool that I can get a version with Scorpion on the cover, but if it wasn't for MK1, I wouldn't care too much. That's definitely worth it for me, especially since my MAME MK1 doesn't work correctly now.

Whoa.... I must have missed something... the MKI is only included with the collector's edition? Hm... maybe I want it after all.

Love Cowboy said:
Whoa.... I must have missed something... the MKI is only included with the collector's edition? Hm... maybe I want it after all.

The special edition includes these extras:

-an "arcade perfect" vesion of MK1
-an in-depth history of the MK franchise
-additional 15 character video bios (25 total)
-serialized, kollector's edition metal embossed trading card