Klassic MK2 Jade and Kitana Kostumes & Trailer Revealed

Why isn't Mileena included in this pack? I don't want another skin pack with the same costume just for Mileena...

Are you forgetting Skarlet? lol

Anyways,

I hate that they are washing out the colors too much on the female Ninja costumes...
I knew they would not give Jade the proper green. It happened with the MK3 costumes and they are doing the same with this ones.

Mileena's is the worst. Compare this to the almost "white" purple we got:
bio.gif

And now with MK2 Jade the same thing, not the right green:
mk2jade.gif

Again, even Kitana, the blue is not the same at all:
Kitana-fix-sprite.gif

Kitana probably has the right color by pressing start but if it's the right color it should be the main one.

STOP DOING THAT, please. The colors make part of the costume and retro feel too. Specially if you don't want to give us alternate colors system.

Last edited:
Wow! So many of you are acting like ungrateful little children! Grow up. Waah, I am getting something for free I don't like. Its not like you are being forced to play as these characters or to use their alternate costumes. The male and female ninjas are the most popular characters, get over it. If you don't like it, go play something else.

Wow. Stop the complaining please? NRS is NOT forcing you to buy a damn thing..at least they're free like the others. The time will come for the other characters to get new shit so just shut up..

EDIT: And whoever gave me negative rep, you could have at least left your name so I could give you a jolly piece of my mind.

Last edited:
I was hoping for something else but they are ok, they look good and better from the MK3 skins imo but they need to give skins and to the non ninja characters and also to CSZ.

I like the MK2 skins, although I would much prefer someone other than any of the male/female ninjas... they need to spread the love among all the characters, not just the ninjas lol

It would seem that people are only upset if it's characters that got something that they don't care about. And vice versa.

I think in general people would be ok with characters they don't care about getting costumes because alot of them haven't gotten them yet so it's only "fair" but if johnny cage got like 5 costumes while jade and kitana only had 2. I think it'd be slightly reversed. All characters who only had 2 would be upset if johnny got a FIFTH.

this is obviously favoritism at it's best.

I bet if this was scorpion/subzero MK3 renders. There would be far less complaining just for the sole fact ALOT of people play subzero and scorpion.

I could really care less about this compatibility pack.

Both Jade and Kitana didn't deserve another klassic kostume, but oh well. At least they're releasing Rain with them.

I dont use any of the 2 characters but i liked the costumes(are classic fatalities in???).Its free stuff esentially so why so much hate?They ll give us more.Hopefully classic raiden,cage,sonya from mk3 and human reptile(from the artwork book)is on the way

Kitana and Jade AGAIN ???
That sucks.

BUT if the plan is to include ALL the costumes from MK1-3 its awesome.

Cheers.

if they come with classic fatalities than yes. I love the costumes but what about their classic fatalities and shang tsung soul steal fatality?

hmmmmmmmm well it's ok for me i'm not complainig at all
but i hope that we get the mk1 riden,kano & johny cage the nice old days :)
in my openion mortal kombat it's all about the ninjas, also the others are cool too so just chill guys i think in the end everyone will get what he want's :)

I'm not a big fan of these classic costumes...They look nothing like the actual classic costumes, let alone look good. But that's the end of my *****ing since it was free...and we don't even need free costumes when we pay for Rain....so w/e i'm still happy!

People complaining about free costumes that they dont have to download, unbelievable. And then complaining its not quite the right shade of colour? Good grief. Scorpion had a harpoon for a spear in MK 2, now its a chain...going to complain about that next?

Yeah some alts for other characters would be nice but be patient, they will come. Im certain we will see Raiden, Lui, Kano, Sonya and Cage MK1, MK2 & MK3 alts soon.

And that trailer was great, loving that retro look.

People complaining about free costumes that they dont have to download, unbelievable. And then complaining its not quite the right shade of colour? Good grief. Scorpion had a harpoon for a spear in MK 2, now its a chain...going to complain about that next?

Actually, if you want Rain, you DO have to download the costumes...

I was buying Rain anyway, so the costumes don't bother me. But, what does bother me is the fact that if someone else doesn't plan to buy Rain and doesn't like these costumes (which a lot of people apparently don't... I don't recall anyone complaining about the first two sets of costumes with DLC) they won't download them, meaning I can't use Rain online.

It's cool that NRS is giving people some free stuff as an incentive to get the compatibility packs, but that only works if people want the free stuff... There has been a LOT more dislike for Jade/Kitana then there was for Noob/Smoke or Cyrax/Sektor.

-Bill