Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

I'm already used to Kitana without a mask in MKX, since her Royal Storm variation has been my main since Day 1...and I find it odd that my main gets a buff right when I get that Platinum Trophy and decide to take a break from MKX...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Neat, I was just about to pick up kitana.
so I definitely looking forward to seeing this being updated. Which variation is recommended for starters?

And lol.
I wouldn't say she looks awful but she can look kinda weird in kombat with her maskless. :laugh:

I matters on how you'd rather play, rushdown, defense, or hit and run?

Some of the folks @ TYM are claiming that they've been fighting off a lot of Kitanas online in the last few days, So I guess the buffs really helped her. Now lets see where she ends up in the rankings in a few weeks.

Remember- By the time MKX was announced, Kitana was #8 most used character for MK9, but a month after MK9 came out she was near the bottom, so there's plenty of time for the Princess of Pain to catch up.

Sorry for not updating offer I'll try to update as soon as I can, I'm just really busy.

I hope you all don't think I'm actually good at this game. I pretty much lose every battle online. MK9 was a better game, honestly (for Kitana players).

I hope you all don't think I'm actually good at this game. I pretty much lose every battle online. MK9 was a better game, honestly (for Kitana players).
Well, for one, you're better than me (and our head-to-head record shows this). And two, Kitana got some serious buffs, which I haven't gotten a chance to really take advantage of since I started focusing on some Arkham games since getting Platinum in MKX.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I use Royal Storm for hit and run, but from a mid-range spacing.
I actually ended up using the wrong variation and ended up using this instead of mournful :p.

I found it to work out quite well too. I'm still training with the both of them.
One reason why i'm sticking with royal storm is that i like that fans for combos.

I actually ended up using the wrong variation and ended up using this instead of mournful :p.

I found it to work out quite well too. I'm still training with the both of them.
One reason why i'm sticking with royal storm is that i like that fans for combos.

I like having the fan lift, square wave and deflect. All such useful tools.

Last edited:
I just think the square wave move should be available in all variations and be just like it was in MK9, where she could travel to the other side of the arena faster.

I was just really confused about the variation costume differences for Kitana. It should've been:

Mournful - All black (because when in mourning people typically wear black) and give her Jade's mask patterns.

Jade_ladder_Agr.png

Royal Storm - Maskless and adds some sort of regal ornament to Kitana's hair or maybe some earrings.

Assassin - Masked Kitana (default Kitana)

Does anyone know how to do her fan throw jumping low?!

Edit: just did it, tap U, then press D,F+1 at the same time

Last edited:
I was just really confused about the variation costume differences for Kitana. It should've been:

Mournful - All black (because when in mourning people typically wear black) and give her Jade's mask patterns.

Jade_ladder_Agr.png

Royal Storm - Maskless and adds some sort of regal ornament to Kitana's hair or maybe some earrings.

Assassin - Masked Kitana (default Kitana)

The Assassin variation looks awesome in her primary outfit but messed up the tournament outfit very badly.

I might start playing online soon (although I'm nowhere near as good as I want to be) so I might add some of you that have their PSN names on display. Mine is the same as my username here (need to edit this in my profile) so feel free to add. :)