Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

F43 F43 as a combo starter is basically almost the same damage as a full Sonya combo.
Try doing a JIP > Float > NJP before the F43 F43 for added measure. This one's a little tricky because if you connect the first F43 either too early or too late, you'll likely not even have an opportunity to connect the second F43.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Her damage is awful? Are we playing the same game?

Look, it´s not only my comment:

"‪#‎Kitana‬ is DEAD to ME" - KitanaPrime
‪#‎MortalKombatX‬ Discussion: Kitana to lose her Top-Tier Status?

A lot of players maining Kitana have been frustrated by her ‪#‎MKX‬ gameplay. Mortal Kombat

Here's what Bryant Benzing aka KitanaPrime [https://twitter.com/KitanaPrime] has to say:
"I'm mad as . They buffed b1 which has sh** range and always misses anyway unless point blank. Then they NERFED b1,4 for no reason at all... Kitana sucks. It's been that way from the jump. Hasn't changed. and I don't expect it to. Hasn't stopped me before. Won't stop me now. Just have to be that much better. Whatever it takes."

Another less emotional but critical opinion from Ershell Franklin [https://twitter.com/Naibutafly]:
"Kitana compared to other characters with low high mix ups is weak. She went from combo queen to fan spam queen...
...Kitana was the combo queen not the spam or zone projectiles queen. Where is her combos and mixups?...
...her speed is lacking considering her lack of options and a slow overhead...
...Kitana needs more mix up options!"

Not being a pro-player I need to catch up with all the fighting games' jargon and I'm doing my best. Nevertheless, a Kitana fan doesn't have to be a pro to care about her status as a fighting game character. If (in our humble opinion) NetherRealm Studios haven't done enough to make sure KItana players are as competitive as the others, let us make them hear us.

Please, leave a comment under this post and express your thoughts on the issue. Is Kitana still the Kombo Queen or has she become a Fan-Spam Queen?
Once we have many, I'll be trying to deliver them to NRS.

Kind Regards,
Kitana Fan Page admin

However, as I said before, she´s my main and I don´t care how bad she plays... I will continue maining her....

The only thing she needs right now to become better is a good overhead. These people are whiners who want her to be OP.

Lol, Kitana looks like Twisted Metal's Junkyard Dog in Goddess's signature

hqdefault.jpg

Oh my god :argh: this would be what I wake up to. And now I can't unsee it!
[MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] You're such a butt
It could be worse. He could've compared Kitana to that Rocky Horror Picture Show guy like I do with Tanya (her Story Mode model anyway).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

The only thing she needs right now to become better is a good overhead. These people are whiners who want her to be OP.

I understand your point, but we cannot deny she´s not the best in the game, specially when talking about damage... And she can get some good improvements....

I understand your point, but we cannot deny she´s not the best in the game, specially when talking about damage... And she can get some good improvements....

Her damage is better than most of the roster. Her damage is not the issue.

Kitana's damage is pretty good. As Temptress has stated Damage isnt her problem. Kitana has little to no mix-ups. She has issues "opening" opponents up and for a zoning character had rather weak zoning. Opponents really just need to duck and advance forward with her. She needs a faster overhead and either faster stings or less recovery on them IMO.

Will continue the guide on Wednesday. Also Tanya4eva and Temptress are right.

Kitana has some issues, but I think most of them could be small, quick fixes. That overhead should pop the opponent up for an opportunity to move into a kombo. Also, the B1-4 shouldn't have so many negative frames on start up. I think just those to fixes would at least put her solidly in mid-tier. That said, I'm maining Kitana in this game and am having a lot of fun with her. Even with some of the issues she has, I have about a 60% win record in ranked, and I consider myself an intermediate to above average player.

Looks like Kitana finally got a decent buff, I spent last night doing single P1 vs. AI matches last night on Medium and won every single one of them, then tried the AI on hard and won about 70% of those. Still not at the MK9 levels of glory, but Kitana's way better than the last time I played the game.

I'm back children. Will be updating tomorrow with Assassin Guide.

About time. Now that she finally received a buff, she's really better than before.

Assassin is my favorite variation of her. I love Royal Storm, but i struggle choosing it cause she looks awful without the mask haha.

Neat, I was just about to pick up kitana.
so I definitely looking forward to seeing this being updated. Which variation is recommended for starters?

And lol.
I wouldn't say she looks awful but she can look kinda weird in kombat with her maskless. :laugh: