Kitana Revealed!

I just remembered the little "leak" on Karen Strassman's resume that initially broke MKX.

supporting.jpg

She listed her part in MKX as "supporting" instead of as "lead" like she did for MK9. So I guess Kitana DOESN'T have much of a part in story. Oh well, if Kitana survives, then MK11 might really be her time to shine.

I just remembered the little "leak" on Karen Strassman's resume that initially broke MKX.

View attachment 7926

She listed her part in MKX as "supporting" instead of as "lead" like she did for MK9. So I guess Kitana DOESN'T have much of a part in story. Oh well, if Kitana survives, then MK11 might really be her time to shine.

Well, I don't think anyone is expecting her to get her own chapter at this point, are they? That must be the difference between a lead/supporting in a game like MKX.

View attachment 7926

Lets be honest, does anyone actually expect her to have a big part in the story? I mean, she wasn't even mentioned in the story trailer. She had a brief appearance and that was it.

Kitana is playable in MKX for one reason. She's popular. That's it. Same with Kung Lao. Don't expect him to have much of a role either.

Lets be honest, does anyone actually expect her to have a big part in the story? I mean, she wasn't even mentioned in the story trailer. She had a brief appearance and that was it.

Kitana is playable in MKX for one reason. She's popular. That's it. Same with Kung Lao. Don't expect him to have much of a role either.
I think the story trailer was focused on the descendants section of the story. It had a little bit of civil war in there too.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I think the story trailer was focused on the descendants section of the story. It had a little bit of civil war in there too.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

It seems like the story will have three sections to it.

The setup - Which is the Cage/Blade/Kenshi part of the story. Probably only covers chapter one to help introduce the amulet, Shinnok, certain relationships and all that.

The civil war - Kotal Kahn's war with Mileena for Outworld's Throne.

The descendants - Cassie/Takeda/Kung Jin's quest to get the amulet back.

There may be more to the story than just those three pieces, but that's already more than enough for one game, I think. Kitana, Kung Lao and some others will have their own agendas and what not, but I doubt they will be big players in the overall story.

Edit

Kitana would be an awesome final boss. Just throwing that out there :)

She doesn't have the flair, imo. That would be like making Sonya the final boss. lol

I would be a bit disappointed if there's absolutely no interaction between Kitana and Mileena in the Story Mode, honestly.

I wouldn't mind it too much. I mean, it would be nice to see, of course. But I get the feeling Kitana is on a very specific mission and it involves vengeance. Her only beef with Mileena in the new timeline is that she's an abomination created with Kitana's DNA. MK9 really didn't set up a huge confrontational relationship between them. Kitana seemed more infuriated over the fact that Kahn allowed such a thing to happen.

Last edited: