If Mortal Kombat continued after armageddon...

I think some of the Post Mk3 characters could have been really cool...with better stories.

I still love Mavado, and still think he has potential to be a good character, but keep him away from red or black dragon clans. When I first saw Mavado I thought Damn what a cool character design. He looked sort of like the anti Liu Kang to me. Keep in mind this is first impression based off of appearance. Then I read his story and was bored. Complete waste of a character IMO.

My list of who deserves a revamp though

Mk4: Fujin, Tanya, Reiko, Kai, Sareena
MkDA: Li Mei, Mavado, Bo Rai Cho, Nitara, Frost
MkD: Ashrah, Hotaru, Havik

That's it. Oh and I think they should revamp Drahmin as a Sub-boss and have Drahmin and Moloch be the Goro and Kintaro of Mk10.

I can count maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe 15 post-MK3 characters (from MK4 thru MK:A), that fall into that category.
The rest of the characters felt like throw-away / bad concept characters.

Mavado was meh.
He was a Black Dragon member who had Kabal's hookswords, which bugged me.
I know that he had different moves, but for that same character design, why not just have Kabal?

Fujin doesn't need a revamp, IMO.
He's a completely unique character design which doesn't resemble anyone else, and the same goes for Reiko, Nitara and Havik.
Those 4 had some of the most unique and original movesets and character designs in the MK4 thru MK:A timeline, and are perfect examples of what NRS can do when they don't copy-paste character moves.
Nitara, Reiko and Havik could use some improvements and some added moves, but not a total revamp like Frost does.

Frost needs a whole overhaul for MK10, the same way that they did for Kenshi in MK9.

Last edited:
I can count maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe 15 post-MK3 characters (from MK4 thru MK:A), that fall into that category.
The rest of the characters felt like throw-away / bad concept characters.

Mavado was meh.
He was a Black Dragon member who had Kabal's hookswords, which bugged me.
I know that he had different moves, but for that same character design, why not just have Kabal?

Fujin doesn't need a revamp, IMO.
He's a completely unique character design which doesn't resemble anyone else, and the same goes for Reiko, Nitara and Havik.
Those 4 had some of the most unique and original movesets and character designs in the MK4 thru MK:A timeline, and are perfect examples of what NRS can do when they don't copy-paste character moves.
Nitara, Reiko and Havik could use some improvements and some added moves, but not a total revamp like Frost does.

Frost needs a whole overhaul for MK10, the same way that they did for Kenshi in MK9.

Mavado is in the Red Dragon. He needs to have weapons like Hernan Cortez.

Nitara needs to use her nails.

Frost can be like Killer Frost from DC.

I think it can still continue from Armageddon IF Raiden sent the message to another Raiden in parallel universes. Then they can make another game in original universe where Shao Kahn killed Raiden. Shujinko ressurected everyone in Deception didn't he? Maybe there will be another situation like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a game (even non-canon) that would take place after MKA.

Survivors would be Raiden, Shao Kahn, Onaga, Taven, Argus, and Delia. Based on the characters who were not seen dead in MK9's story mode intro.

Last edited:
The canon for MK Armageddon's ending storyline wise is Taven's.

EDIT: Why not have Amaterasu, Kojin, Suijin, and others from Japanese mythology which the MK storyline was originally based off of for the next MK game?

Last edited:
Not according to MK9.
According to MK9, only Shao Kahn and Raiden were left.

Technically Taven's ending was still canon. He didn't win really he just empowered everyone leaving Kahn and Raiden with the presumption that Taven was either dead or retreated to try and stop Kahn.

Unless we're going with the idea that Kahn won...

That's the idea that MK9 went with.
Kahn won and killed Raiden, hence the Armageddon Raiden sending visions to his past self just mere moments before Shao Kahn killed him and ruled all the realms.

I've been wanting Mortal Kombat to pull a Street Fighter 3 for the longest time.
Scrap the OG's for a while and give some new blood a chance. It will be hated at first, but if the gameplay is solid, it will be loved.

It would sell terribly.
If at least Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden aren't in, people wouldn't pre-order a game or buy it new with a bunch of nobodies in it.
NRS would likely suffer huge sales, and losing money isn't something that WB is in the business of doing.

It would sell terribly.
If at least Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden aren't in, people wouldn't pre-order a game or buy it new with a bunch of nobodies in it.
NRS would likely suffer huge sales, and losing money isn't something that WB is in the business of doing.

Wouldn't Scorpion return and come back? I think the same would be for Noob too. Everyone else would be dead. Only returning fighters could be Taven, Kahn, Scorpion and Noob(not sure on him).

A game set in the old timeline could be done as DLC or spinoff.

Noob Saibot is like Schrodinger's cat.

He can be considered either dead or alive at the moment, after MK9, since he just disappeared into the Soulnado.

I've been wanting Mortal Kombat to pull a Street Fighter 3 for the longest time.
Scrap the OG's for a while and give some new blood a chance. It will be hated at first, but if the gameplay is solid, it will be loved.

Funny you mentioned SF3...Capcom didn't follow through with their original intent for the same reason Araknyd stressed. Beta testers for SF3 told Capcom loud and clear that they were NOT going to spend a single quarter on that game if the franchise's signature characters were not present. Capcom didn't even leave Ryu and Ken safe from the chopping block, and it was the fans who saved them from that fate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Noob Saibot is like Schrodinger's cat.

He can be considered either dead or alive at the moment, after MK9, since he just disappeared into the Soulnado.

I was talking about him being "alive" in a game set after armageddon. Plus he's definitely alive. If Scorpion could take a soulnado so could Noob.

Who would you have had survive?

When would you have continued the story? Immediately after Armageddon, or some time down the line?

I would have been very picky about choosing who lived. It probably would have been under ten characters.

I would continue the story roughly 30 to 40 years after Armageddon. Raiden would have been the one to defeat blaze. After doing so the power of blaze would have rushed over the realms killing the raiden we know, but having him reborn as a baby at the top of the pyramid of Argus.

Scorpion would have survived, and after quan's death in Armageddon Scorpions family is finally revived and given peace by the gods. However, Scorpion cannot be with them as he is a product of the netherrealm now.

Sub-Zero takes in some of the energy of blaze, ala his Armageddon ending, and becomes a god. He becomes the new Raiden basically recruiting a new defense for Earthrealm.

Noob Saibot survives and becomes the ruler of the netherrealm after Shinnok dies his final death.

Kitana survives, outworld and edenia are split during Armageddon and Kitana begins to revive the once flourishing realm.

Cyrax is shortcircuited, but Sub-Zero having learned his schematics repairs him.

As a result of a smaller number of people through the realms Reptile and Khameleon finally meet. The birth a child, and Khameleon eats reptile. Leaving their child to become the new reptile.

Shang Tsung survives after enslaving Ermac and draining him of lifeforce. Therefore both Shang and Ermac survive.

Raiden becomes the new Liu Kang not knowing of his past, but recruited by Sub-Zero to compete in the Mortal Kombat tournament.

So Raiden, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Kitana, Cyrax, Reptile, Shang Tsung, and Ermac. I may have Mileena survive too as the queen of Outworld opposite Kitanas rule of Edenia.

Make your own theories guys!

Raiden defeats all challengers Becoming all powerful. Becuase of the folly of the Eldergods his first act as the most powerful being in the universe is to destroy them all. Upon completing this task he destroys all realms that could pose a threat to Earthrealm. On earth he creates a utopia where all disobedience is punished with immediate immolation. Earthrealm will never be threatened again. Mortal Kombat is done away with. All hail the "One God" Raiden!!!

Personally, I really like these ideas.

Maybe there can be a new focus on some obscure, new realms competing in a different Mortal Kombat tournament with maybe some influence or involvement from original realms like Orderrealm. I mean, we have realms like Vaeternus and Zaterra, so who knows what other smaller, unheard of realms could also exist or be freed after Armageddon. Imagine something like Chaosrealm freeing captured dimensions from Orderrealm, and Elder Gods creating new laws and Mortal Kombat competitions to stop realms like Orderrealm or Outworld from growing too large again.

Plus he's definitely alive. If Scorpion could take a soulnado so could Noob.

You're assuming that, but Noob Saibot could also have died in the Soulnado when it disappeared into the sky and exploded.
We don't know what happened to Noob Saibot.
His status is unknown as of the end of MK9.
No one knows for sure, until MK10 comes out.

Not according to MK9.
According to MK9, only Shao Kahn and Raiden were left.

Technically Taven's ending was still canon. He didn't win really he just empowered everyone leaving Kahn and Raiden with the presumption that Taven was either dead or retreated to try and stop Kahn.

That's the idea that MK9 went with.
Kahn won and killed Raiden, hence the Armageddon Raiden sending visions to his past self just mere moments before Shao Kahn killed him and ruled all the realms.

I remember stating this before, but if you remember the Konquest ending, and Taven's arcade ending, the Konquest ending states that defeating Blaze didn't strip the Kombatants of their powers, nor killed them, but a whole different outcome.

Now finishing Konquest mode unlocked Taven as an Arcade mode character. Beat the Arcade Ladder with Taven and its revealed that all the Kombatants became stronger.

Now my theory is that after Blaze was defeated, everyone went all out in a free for all with their new powers, until only Kahn and Raiden were left, and Kahn won. Which then leads to MK9's intro.

Who would you have had survive?

When would you have continued the story? Immediately after Armageddon, or some time down the line?

Survivors - Chameleon/Khameleon, Ermac, Fujin, Jax, Kai, Kenshi, Kitana, Motaro, Reiko, Scorpion, Smoke, Sonya, Sub-Zero.

Everyone else would be dead or missing in action.

The story would take place several years after Armageddon with Fujin as the victor over Blaze. He restores the realms to how they should be and depowers all of the surviving combatants; taking most of them out of the game. Fujin would then start a new team of Earth warriors in case of future threats... Which of course would eventually happen (being the focus of the game).