Hardest MK Boss Ever

SCORPIONXG

Name the Boss you think was the Hardest for me it's Shao Kahn from Mortal Kombat Advance, It was a Miricle I even beat the first Level :)

Shoa Kahn from MK2 was tough.

Dragon King and Blaze on the hardest difficulty can be a pair of cheap bastards who make the game a waste of time.

Shang Tsung was easy I thought.

In my honest opinion though, of all the bosses and Sub Bosses. Motaro is the hardest to beat. He has it all move wise... Teleport, projectile, his massive grab and punch, his tail sweep that extends most of the screen... It's ridiculous.

However this thread was about the Boss, so MKII Shao Kahn.

I'm going with MK:SM Shao Kahn. After having dealt with Shangy and Kintaro, I would've appreciated a health boost for that bugger.
All the series bosses have simple ways of beating them. Although the most consistant way of beating Motaro that I have found is teleport stomps with Sheeva, does more damage when he blocks for some reason, can be repeated quickly and easily.
I can flog MK2's bosses.

Shoa Kahn from MK2 was tough.

Dragon King and Blaze on the hardest difficulty can be a pair of cheap bastards who make the game a waste of time.

Shang Tsung was easy I thought.

In my honest opinion though, of all the bosses and Sub Bosses. Motaro is the hardest to beat. He has it all move wise... Teleport, projectile, his massive grab and punch, his tail sweep that extends most of the screen... It's ridiculous.

However this thread was about the Boss, so MKII Shao Kahn.

DAMN RIGHT MOTARO IS HARD! I can Only beat him with Sindel

I'm going with MK:SM Shao Kahn. After having dealt with Shangy and Kintaro, I would've appreciated a health boost for that bugger.
All the series bosses have simple ways of beating them. Although the most consistant way of beating Motaro that I have found is teleport stomps with Sheeva, does more damage when he blocks for some reason, can be repeated quickly and easily.
I can flog MK2's bosses.

Well yeah, now I don't have a problem with any boss. But I remember when each game came out how much trouble I had with beating them. I still cry when I think of the hours it took me to beat Motaro for the first time. Shao Kahn was easy compared to him.

DAMN RIGHT MOTARO IS HARD! I can Only beat him with Sindel

I can get flawless victories on him now, just constantly jumping, never staying still and doing high jump kicks. It'll take him down fast. I never go for uppercuts or combos against him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, Motaro isnt all that hard. Keep jumping.....just check out my post below...

Kintaro is harder than Motaro. Anything MKII is harder than any other MK game. That games AI is a MF-ing Bioootch!!!

Last edited:
Personally, I've never beaten Kintaro even once without savestates. But I have beaten every other MK boss completely legit. For that reason I'd say Kintaro is the hardest. At least for me.

Actually Smoke in MK2 was hard, especially in Challenger version!!!

Everyone was harder on the MKII Challenger hack. Good fun. :mrgreen:

But for the love of god, if any of you really think Motaro is difficult, then I question just how good you are at the game.

Motaro is BY FAR, the easiest Sub Boss or Boss in ANY MK game. Period.

Its best to use a character with a easy pop up combo, but just keep jumping straight up and everytime he gets close, jump and hit the pop up auto combo with a kick or punch starter and repeat process over and over...

I found the hardest to be Kintaro from MKII. Although he is identycal in MKT, the MK3 engine is a lot faster pace and gives you more of a chance against him. Trapped in MKII without the run button, and without as many special moves, Kintaro is the hardest boss for me. He is far more difficult for me than Goro is MK1. I just used Sub-Zero and freezed him, upercut, freezed him just before he gets up, then upercut, repeat until win. He doesn't even have a chance to fight back. Had Midway made the freeze a inch slower, or Goro get up a tad faster, he would actually be challanging. I also beat the MK1 Shang Tsung the same way. I waited until he turned into Goro then pulled the same trick. I also beat Goro, and all the character in MK 4, with the Quan Chi telestomp. You just telestomp and either hit them with it, or if they block, it's been a while, but I think the next step was a jump kick then goes over then. I'd have to play it again to remember what I did. Humans fight againt it, but most of the time the computer won't rebound, off of your rebound, from an attack you did that they block. The AI wasn't taken that far.

Kintaro would either block the freeze, or telestomp, almost always before it hit him. Kintaro makes it hard to find one single trick to use on him, or at least, hard for my playstyle. Motaro is probably second because he reflects projectyles, though, combos work well. And MKII was before the dial a combo, which I love, so that also makes Kintaro far harder than he is in MKT.

Sub Boss: Kintaro in MK2 no doubt

Boss: Blaze or Onaga

Shao Kahn was easy in MK2, jump towards him and duck, uppercut and repeat.

Won't work in MK2 Challenger, he'll shoulder dash you to death...

Masked Ninja in Shinobi 1 was tough and so was Abigail in Final Fight 1. You guys forgot about M. Bison (Dictator) in the early versions of SF2 The World Warrior.

Yeah, last time I checked those three were never in MK.
gotta be Kahn from MK2 or any of the MK3 games. Shang Tsung could be taken down just with flying kicks, Shinnok was just an ordinary fighter, Shang and Quan Chi were ordinary fighters again, Onaga just needs quick combos up close to take him down, and Blaze, well, he doesn't even try. Beat him near enough every time.

Chill the f*ck out, buddy, I wasn't digging at you. He is pretty frustrating, compared to Moloch and Blaze. Mainly because he's cheap as hell and his kicks have such a long reach. All I was saying was that's the way I have found to beat him near enough every time.

Idk it just kind of digs at me when people post that something is so easy and then oversimplify why. I've tried a dozen ways to beat Onaga (remember I unlocked everything in MKD 3 times) and he gave me trouble every single one of them.