Goro and Release date revealed.

Adding two copies of Reptile with everyone's moves is even more terrible. Khameleon and Chameleon are both throwaway characters, so erase them from MK lore for good.

Chameleon could easily become a unique character by just giving him mixtures of popular ninja moves.
Acidic spears, Frozen Hellflips, electrified force balls, etc.

[MENTION=5232]Ricochetmatt[/MENTION] MK3, UMK3, Trilogy and MK4 were serious???? :laugh:

The goofy Fatalities, Animalities, Babalities and Friendships would say otherwise, and the goofy "OUCH, MY LEG" and other goofy comments that the characters said in MK4 while they fought, would also say otherwise.

[MENTION=5232]Ricochetmatt[/MENTION] MK3, UMK3, Trilogy and MK4 were serious???? :laugh:

The goofy Fatalities, Animalities, Babalities and Friendships would say otherwise, and the goofy "OUCH, MY LEG" and other goofy comments that the characters said in MK4 while they fought, would also say otherwise.

I'll admit I have a bias for MK4 so i have to disagree.
I felt MK4 was pretty dark... the fatalities were sick... the soundtracks were sick... the stages were sick...
And personally i never even understood what the hell they would yell during the fights anyway so it never bothered me..(the only thing you mentioned btw)
living forest trees scream was loud as hell.
The only thing i never liked about MK4 was Jarek apart from that i freaking loved that game.

Like I said before, the goofy sh** in those games (Friendships, Babalities) were commentary. But they were still more "serious" than the later games. And yes, they were cheesy as well. Everything out of the 90s is covered in cheese. But the games still took themselves more seriously than DA, Deception or Armageddon.

I'll admit I have a bias for MK4 so i have to disagree.
I felt MK4 was pretty dark... the fatalities were sick... the soundtracks were sick... the stages were sick...
And personally i never even understood what the hell they would yell during the fights anyway so it never bothered me..(the only thing you mentioned btw)
living forest trees scream was loud as hell.
The only thing i never liked about MK4 was Jarek apart from that i freaking loved that game.

Dunno.
I love MK4 too, but I never took any of the MK1 thru MK4 games to have a dark and serious tone (aside from maybe MKII, but MKII even had Babalities and Friendships), especially with the funny in-match sayings, as wells as Shinnok and Jarek in MK4.

Like I said before, the goofy sh** in those games (Friendships, Babalities) were commentary. But they were still more "serious" than the later games. And yes, they were cheesy as well. Everything out of the 90s is covered in cheese. But the games still took themselves more seriously than DA, Deception or Armageddon.

I never said that the MK1 thru MK4 games were more goofy, nor did I imply it.
Each of the different eras had their goofiness to them.
In the MK1 thru MK4 era it was the goofy Finishers and in-match commentary.
In the Deadly Alliance thru Armageddon era, it was the art style and mini-games.

MKX feels (IMO) like the first time that MK has a more darker and serious tone to it, ever since MKII.

Last edited:
Deception is the apex of darkness IMO. Not even in Armageddon I thought hope was lost.

MK:DA story is very serious, they joined the possible most disgusting enemies, killed the main hero, killed the main villain... but Deception perfected it, it consolidated something from complete darkness.

MKDA had a very dark atmosphere to it and some stages give me the chills. MKDA had the good guys lost for the first time. MKD was pretty dark, but at least the game ended with the good guys winning. Onaga was defeated, Ermac and Liu Kang's ghost help restore everyone who was under Onaga's control back to normal. Ermac's ending and Shujinko's endings are consider to be canon.

Isn't Scorpion's ending canon? That's why the Elder Gods revived his clan in Armageddon.

Scorpion's ending makes him the victor. Shujinko won against Onaga.

Elder Gods revived his clan (as the undead) because Onaga was stopped, but maybe they did it as undead because it wasn't by Scorpion's hand.

Well, Elder Gods are a-holes. It was better to NOT revive.

What's Goro's storyline in this. I wonder. Will he be like Sagat's storyline from Street Fighter? A warrior who is searching for his arch enemy for one final match?

Liu Kang is out and Kung Lao is dead, so Goro could move on now. His role can be similar to his story in MK4 in the original timeline where he ally with the Edenians to fight off Shinnok's invasion. Kintaro will likely have a cameo as apart of Edenia's army.

Liu Kang is out and Kung Lao is dead, so Goro could move on now. His role can be similar to his story in MK4 in the original timeline where he ally with the Edenians to fight off Shinnok's invasion. Kintaro will likely have a cameo as apart of Edenia's army.

Wait... how is liu kang out? He's immortal/doesn't even age until the next tournament....

It would be nice tho :)

It would be nice, but then people who don't pre-order MKX would b**** because "Boo hoo, he's in the story and has an in-game model, yet I have to buy him. NRS is doing Capcom like business by selling us a code to unlock stuff that's already on the disc. Herp derp."
Mark my words.
People did the exact same b****ing andcomplaints about the MK9 klassic costumes and Sub-Bosses / Bosses being playable in Challenge Tower.

Unfortunately you can't always please everyone, and a group will always complain.

It would be nice, but then people who don't pre-order MKX would b**** because "Boo hoo, he's in the story and has an in-game model, yet I have to buy him. NRS is doing Capcom like business by selling us stuff that's already on disc. Herp derp."

Damn, you're right...

But I don't see how he couldn't be on disc..I'm sure Goro will be finished before the release.
It would only make sense if he was on disc right? If he's finished, then throw him on there.

Id be one of the few in the minority who'd be pissed off if he didn't make it in the story.
Butthurt fans aside, I see no reason to keep him off the disc.

But I don't see how he couldn't be on disc..I'm sure Goro will be finished before the release.
It would only make sense if he was on disc right? If he's finished, then throw him on there.

Id be one of the few in the minority who'd be pissed off if he didn't make it in the story.
Butthurt fans aside, I see no reason to keep him off the disc.

If he's finished and on the disc, and you pay a code to unlock him from the disc, that would be a valid complaint, IMO.
Unless he has an unplayable appearance / cameo appearance in the MKX story and the DLC code is just to download him early from the PSN / XBLA and he's not on-disc, then I don't see an issue.

Best bet, IMO, is to make him a free DLC code only for those that pre-order (off disc), and make him time-released DLC for those that decide to get the game later.
He is, after all, a pre-order incentive.

Those are just my 2 cents on that, though.