Don't get your hopes up too much, guys.

Demetrius

Someone had to make this thread, so I figured it would be me.

Remember all those broken promises and just plain falsehoods with MK9?

1) Best reward EVAR for beating Challenge Tower.
2) Xbox would get a guest character, as well.
3) More DLC characters if the first wave sold well.
4) Tons of secrets to be unlocked.

Not saying it was Boon's fault, but we really do need to take everything he says with a grain of salt, and put some brakes on the Hype Train. Because we all know how those four went.....

Not saying MK9 was a bad game, far from it. Not saying Boon is a dirty dirty liar, either. Just saying we need to be careful.

*Shrug* Same can be said about just about any game out there. A lot can happen within the 2-4 years of development time, whether it be financial strain, loss of a key employee, or some designs don't actually work out in practice.

Last edited:
1.) that's a matter of perception. You may not like it. But I bet you Vital was like "THIS IS THE BEST PRIZE EVER"

2.) Did they really say that or was that speculation on the fan side?

3.)more DLC, maybe they did well but not "well enough" I'm sure if Skarlet sales BLEW OUT OF THE WATER. They would've been like holy shit, time to make more DLC characters. They may have made a lot overall in the long run. But obviously I think they saw diminishing returns. Especially with people not wanting to buy freddy. Sorry to anyone who says "Why should I support something I don't like" Never said you have to. But if they see

200,000 dollars from skarlet.

190,000 from Kenshi

150,000 from Rain

Then obviously they see diminishing returns and refused to make more DLC seeing a trend.

If they REALLY believed they would've made huge bank making more DLC, I can't help but think they would've done so. More money also = expanding business which means more money when you put money into investments like making another team.

4.) Tons of secrets to be unlocked: That's to the eye of the beholder, You might be too comfortable with say like Deadly Alliance Krypt and applying yoru standards to this game. It could be tons of secrets to another person who is barely use to secrets in a fighting game at all. AKA secret Jade/smoke fights ect ect.

Both. We thought it would happen, and when we asked Boon about it, he said "We know that the Xbox fans want something, and we have something that should make them very, very happy" in his twitter. We never received anything over here.

1.) that's a matter of perception. You may not like it. But I bet you Vital was like "THIS IS THE BEST PRIZE EVER"

3.)more DLC, maybe they did well but not "well enough" I'm sure if Skarlet sales BLEW OUT OF THE WATER. They would've been like holy shit, time to make more DLC characters. They may have made a lot overall in the long run. But obviously I think they saw diminishing returns. Especially with people not wanting to buy freddy. Sorry to anyone who says "Why should I support something I don't like" Never said you have to. But if they see

200,000 dollars from skarlet.

190,000 from Kenshi

150,000 from Rain

Then obviously they see diminishing returns and refused to make more DLC seeing a trend.

If they REALLY believed they would've made huge bank making more DLC, I can't help but think they would've done so. More money also = expanding business which means more money when you put money into investments like making another team.

4.) Tons of secrets to be unlocked: That's to the eye of the beholder, You might be too comfortable with say like Deadly Alliance Krypt and applying yoru standards to this game. It could be tons of secrets to another person who is barely use to secrets in a fighting game at all. AKA secret Jade/smoke fights ect ect.

If they made Skarlet a little more simpler gameplay wise like Scorpion and Mileena, then more would buy her. Trust me, I am not the only one complaining about her fighting mechanics. And hello, out of all possible DLC, they just had to put Freddy Kreuger in it? Bad move!!! The 4th DLC should've been Tanya!

If they made Skarlet a little more simpler gameplay wise like Scorpion and Mileena, then more would buy her. Trust me, I am not the only one complaining about her fighting mechanics. And hello, out of all possible DLC, they just had to put Freddy Kreuger in it? Bad move!!! The 4th DLC should've been Tanya!

I like the fact that she's complicated to play. It makes her gameplay more interesting. IMO she's one of the flashiest characters to watch at high level.

And I doubt people "knowing she was difficult to play" detered alot. Since I think alot of people bought her not knowing thus was the case.

You missed the point though I was talking about diminishing returns something qued them that it wasn't a good idea to continue DLC.

I like the fact that she's complicated to play. It makes her gameplay more interesting. IMO she's one of the flashiest characters to watch at high level.

And I doubt people "knowing she was difficult to play" detered alot. Since I think alot of people bought her not knowing thus was the case.

You missed the point though I was talking about diminishing returns something qued them that it wasn't a good idea to continue DLC.

If I may, it could have been possible that the reason everyone bought Skarlet was because she was never before seen in MK. Where as Kenshi and Rain had people who didn't necessarily like or want them, and there was a HUGE stink over who hated Freddy.

That could have influenced it a little.

LOL @ Tanya. Of course, I'd rather have her than Freddy, but she still would have sold the least, Tremor and Cyber-Smoke would have been better choices business wise.

I don't think the DLC stopped because of sales. NRS most likely didn't want to have to patch the game anymore do to a new character being broken or causing other problems in online or offline play. They're under contract to make other games under Warner Bros ( Injustice ) so it's safe to say there are just too busy.

I ain't expecting alot of DLC for Injustice anyway....

I'm still p'd off that MKAK was never patched apart from the online. And Boon PROMISED Arcade Perfect ports. More like throwing money in the fire.

I don't think the DLC stopped because of sales. NRS most likely didn't want to have to patch the game anymore do to a new character being broken or causing other problems in online or offline play. They're under contract to make other games under Warner Bros ( Injustice ) so it's safe to say there are just too busy.
Thats exactly what i thought. I think WB pulled the MK9 cash float somewhere down the line, to make a new game. Its a fact companies make shit loads on actual boxed games.

Infact i wouldne be supprised if there was actually anymore DLC intended. The guys at NRS are marketing machine, perfect marketing ploy to bedazzled fanboys, buy this dlc, we MAY make more.

I could not care less for more DLC now(i wouldnt say no to my retro ninjas mind) the games fine as it is. I have never had this much play time from a game in ages.

If you dont want to be dissapointed, heres an idea, realise what NRS is, a buisness, that makes games to sell for money, its there job to over hype things else less people would buy it.

Also dont go on a forum and discuss every possible outcome, wish, MK wet dream, what pizza your ordering from Poppa Johns on release night, else you will get dissapointed.

Also listen to what the devs say, i have since watched some of Boons interviews on the DLC, XBox exclusives and they sound alot different to me than when i first watched them. I think alot of people heard what they wanted to hear prior to release.