Do you hate injustice but love MK?

I know warner bros payed NRS to make a DC fighting game to fill the gap for MK 10's release. I realise that injustice will always be considered as the substitute but IMO the game is way more flushed out than mk9. I understand if you hate the (more capcom friendly )fighting mechanics but NRS wanted to appeal to a larger audience not just the MK fan base. Mortal Kombat is and will always be my favorite fighting franchise but I applaud NRS for taking a chance with injustice. I respect peoples opinion as to why they don't like the game but I find it odd how much this game is ignored on here at TRMK. The Injustice posts are a graveyard in the message boards which is why I made this thread in hopes to figure out why. As far as the MK ''purist'' thing goes you're seriously missing out on some great fighting games if you stay that narrow minded.

Calling Injustice "Capcom friendly" is a quite a stretch, as it felt alien to me, having played my share of Capcom fighting games.

When a game has a different look and feel to it, it's going to attract a different audience. It's why Capcom has multiple fighting game franchises. Kudos for NRS for trying a fighting differentiate from MK, but Injustice is simply not my cup of tea.

In wouldn't call it narrow minded if people dont play other games because they don't like them.
Not liking a game and only playing a certain game for "purists" reasons are two different things. i have no issue with anyone who doesn't like injustice but if people don't even give the game a chance because "This isn't MK screw this game" mentality than yes that's being narrow minded.

Calling Injustice "Capcom friendly" is a quite a stretch, as it felt alien to me, having played my share of Capcom fighting games.
NRS has been quoted many times talking about how they wanted Injustice to appeal to the Capcom fighting community not just the MK crowd and they built their game around that principal they even had pro street fighter players test the game before release http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/mar/18/netherrealm-has-pro-street-fighter-players-testing-and-helping-balance-injustice-gods-among-us-more-accessible-new-comers/

Could not stand the gameplay of injustice for some reason...

Same here.
I think it was just that I was so used to MK9's gameplay, that I was thrown way off with Injustice.
I've gotten used to it, but I prefer MK9 more.

It's NOT a stretch.
The whole back-to-block and the Light, Medium, Heavy & Special hit buttons ALL smell of Capcom.
It is EXACTLY what Capcom fans are used to.

Same here.
I think it was just that I was so used to MK9's gameplay, that I was thrown way off with Injustice.
I've gotten used to it, but I prefer MK9 more.

It's NOT a stretch.
The whole back-to-block and the Light, Medium, Heavy & Special hit buttons ALL smell of Capcom.
It is EXACTLY what Capcom fans are used to.

i liked that though, i was happy to see that injustice was developed as it's own game and not simply MK9 with DC character skins, that would have been pointless IMO. also, kind of off topic but i've heard lots of SF players complain about MK's block button mechanics since it it changes the cross ups game, does anybody else feel that way? personally i don't care, i don't expect (or want) MK to play the same as other 2D fighters but i'm wondering if any actual MK fans feel that way.

I haven't played Injustice. But from what I'm hearing, it sounds like a capcom fighting game. I'm good with U MVC3.

The only thing slightly Capcom about it is the block system.
MK could never have a back to block system because of characters like Sektor, Smoke and Scorpion with their ridiculously fast teleports.

Injustice still has MK's juggle system.

also, kind of off topic but i've heard lots of SF players complain about MK's block button mechanics since it it changes the cross ups game, does anybody else feel that way? personally i don't care, i don't expect (or want) MK to play the same as other 2D fighters but i'm wondering if any actual MK fans feel that way.

I actually prefer MK9's block mechanics, and prefer to use it more in conjunction with dash.

There are MK players like myself who also don't like the SF button type layout, due to the back-to-block style.
That doesn't mean that one is better than the other, it just means that people have different preferences.

Back to block is definitely superior in 2d fighters. The crossup is a huge asset in fighting games.
It also doesn't help MK's case that every character has the exact same jumping attack animations.

That depends on the game, though.

As you said before, in a scenario like MK9, where you have characters that teleport from behind or underneath the opponent, button block is better.
Back to block also wouldn't work as well with Rain, Cyrax or Cyber Sub-Zero.

I know it wouldn't work in MK, but if MK didn't have those teleports then back to block would be better.

I think it was a good game. but honestly i think the "away to block" was a weird mechanic. it would have felt better if it utilized a block button.

Araknyd_Commander:
i notice that i have wrong about a detail, the best of mk gold era was mk1 mk2 and mk4......... mk3/umk3/mkt is in really is a regular game, not perfect like mk2 or mk1 i dont need explain why.

You do realize that MK9 is essentially MK1 thru UMK3, all over again, don't you???
Yes i notice and is a stupid reboot with some productive remasterized moves, the rest is trash.
No comment about the plotholes that in coparation with original time line, in mk9 are very big.(also is a steal, cause we are playing a more or less game that we played in the past with a reboot. Also dlc and the complete edition is other steal, specially the dlc that in really are 3d model repeated of other characters like happen with rain and skarlet, worse even is the case of tremor in mk9 vita)

About subzero, him is a coarse character at mk9 and same time in history mode is a stupid, also became as cyborg. Is very clear that Nrs has made a parody to him, for make any humillation. For any reason tobias on interviews, has said that his favorite character is subzero and too him is not agree with the idea of reboots at history mode. If we talk about gamplay is other history, and with the same criteria can be applied to the other characters.
But subzero here in mk9, him not seem a ninja and his stance pose is a desesperate guy for win a figth. Also do not forget that always in some promo of mk9, we see that scorpion beats to subzero and same time subzero looks weak. Include Nrs showed at least 3 diffent times.
how scorpion kills to subzero. Is obvious that Nrs wants make that scorpion have to quanchi as nemesis.
include in injustice at scorpion promo happen the same.

I had played more of 3 times this story mode, let me see: all the good warrior has gone, and the evil warriors are majorie. Now good warriors are slave of quanchi and then scorpion shall discover quanchi s´treason? is no joke, all is going to summarizing to Scorpion and Quan Chi only. Rayden with liu-kang is pathetically a bad role. Also too Nrs, wants make that sonya and cage like as A Usa protagonists in secundary role..........but mk suddenly for ppl is scorpion and quanchi. Also quanchi has abussed with his presence in an exagerated level on the whole mk universe. For all is quanchi since mk defender of the realms, imagine is the first character very early to mkm sz and mk4, include near to mk3...... anyway, quanchi has very abused and mk9 was not the exception.

Please tell me that you're not serious.
You do know that Vogel has been with Mortal Kombat ever since MK1, and written every single MK story, right???
The original "Gold Era" games that you so HIGHLY praise, were written by Vogel.
The 4 original members of NRS (aka Midway) were John Tobias, Ed Boon, Dan Forden and John Vogel.

Volgel has never written the gold era just in mk1-mk2-mk4, him started to write much more since mkDa.
But now i have reminds one detail, and in really maybe voguel has written only the mk3-mkt history mode and him is the guilty of the plot holes of original timeline. I know it cause Jhon tobias has commented in twitter that him has not written the mk3 history and is the explanaton of why there is not a mk3 comic book. And you see, Nrs blame to mk3/umk3/mkt plot holes and in mk9 it is worse.
And let me say, that vogel is a disaster like as screenwriter, mk armageddon is one of many proof of it-

So im very serious that i say, Imo ed boon and vogel are monkey dancing for money mainly and not for art.

I say again, Mk has borned in tobias ´s mind and is the reason of why mk1 and mk2 is the pillar of mk saga........
mk9 is a sensationalist game not a mk game. imagine,I preffer mkda than mk9.

Last edited:
To me, Injustice is like X-Men: Next Dimension with movesets similar to MK. It's a good game to play with my nephew but my game is MK hands down.

Injustice is getting more hype each tournaments. After the last patch the game is very balanced. But its fundamental is still ass, especially the footsie. And don't let me tell you about 50/50 and vortexes. Too bad MK9 is dead and NRS & WB didn't want to make UMK9.
I hope MK10 will keep MK9's gameplay and fix its problems. Also they can do whatever they want with the story, but plz keep the MK9 roster.

Injustice is getting more hype each tournaments. After the last patch the game is very balanced. But its fundamental is still ass, especially the footsie. And don't let me tell you about 50/50 and vortexes. Too bad MK9 is dead and NRS & WB didn't want to make UMK9.
I hope MK10 will keep MK9's gameplay and fix its problems. Also they can do whatever they want with the story, but plz keep the MK9 roster.
I agree on keeping the roster. Worries me we will likely never have a roster as good as MK9 on and MK game ever again.