Did Gamespot leak Soyna?

-They are both military women and look alike so much.
-nobody should be mad with the palette swap ninjas, [even though] they look the same
So it's okay for ninjas to look the same, but not military women?

If you're simply using a double standard, say so.

Am not talking about the moveset. Am talking about the concept and looks. They are both military women and look alike so much. and based on that they don't share the same movesets nobody should be mad with the palette swap ninjas, they look the same but they have different moves
Guile and Charlie were in the same game once, and nobody flinched.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Guile and Charlie were in the same game once, and nobody flinched.

MK1 didn't have a story once and nobody flinched.

Spoiler:
tumblr_nab6gtt4Fy1qgh10go1_400.gif

"How many army soldier women can MK successfully incorporate into its story?" is a valid question.

I think part of the answer to that question is the fact that we saw actual armies on the march in Outworld. The games might be moving away from a tournament format, and NRS might be allowing the world to breathe, realizing that the logical next step in the MK universe is for Earthrealm to organize a militarized defense in case some asshole like Shao Kahn tries to invade again. If this is true, and the scope of the games is getting bigger, then a more militarized roster makes lots of sense and there's plenty of room for both Sonya and Cassie.

So I'm not prepared to judge Sonya's involvement based simply on her past as a boring character. I think NRS are ambitious enough to do better. But I do understand some peoples' reluctance, for sure.

So it's okay for ninjas to look the same, but not military women?

If you're simply using a double standard, say so.

I think you are the one with double standards Because you hate palette swap ninjas because they look the same but you are fine with cassie and sonya having the same looks. And by the way i don't like the palette swap thing am glad everyone looks different.

Well... It looks like she's wearing something that fits her character. That's a plus. I guess I should just accept that Sonya will forever have man face.

MK1 didn't have a story once and nobody flinched.

Spoiler:
tumblr_nab6gtt4Fy1qgh10go1_400.gif

"How many army soldier women can MK successfully incorporate into its story?" is a valid question.

I think part of the answer to that question is the fact that we saw actual armies on the march in Outworld. The games might be moving away from a tournament format, and NRS might be allowing the world to breathe, realizing that the logical next step in the MK universe is for Earthrealm to organize a militarized defense in case some asshole like Shao Kahn tries to invade again. If this is true, and the scope of the games is getting bigger, then a more militarized roster makes lots of sense and there's plenty of room for both Sonya and Cassie.

So I'm not prepared to judge Sonya's involvement based simply on her past as a boring character. I think NRS are ambitious enough to do better. But I do understand some peoples' reluctance, for sure.
Standards do not change...ever

If Sonya is leaked shes not the only one look at this pic and tell me whos this? I think thats
Spoiler:
Liu Kang

mortal-kombat-x-living-towers-close-screenshot.jpg

The second one is a girl maybe
Spoiler:
Mileena

mortal-kombat-x-klassic-towers-screenshot.jpg

They have a version of that pic with Cassie in Sonya's place and you can CLEARLY see the difference in the face. This is not an Cassie alternate. Its Sonya.

I understand that Sonya is around 50 years old now, but I don't ever recall menopause making your testosterone levels rise, like damn she looks bloody hideous.

Are you guys sure that's not an alternate for Cassie? I noticed it too when I watched the NEXT trailer, but all the characters look weird/off in that pic, especially Raiden. And they brought back the CLASSIC ARCADE TOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed.
I wonder how many on here would still "Herp derp" that German "GamePro isn't a credible source, blah, blah, blah," even after this reveal. :laugh"
This is the same magazine that leaked Kano images and said that Sonya, Johnny and Liu Kang were playable, and now we have more proof of Sonya being in.

you know what Commander? after reviewing the alleged "Sonya" pic thoroughly, I came to the conclusion that it truly is Cassie in her alt costume.

I was gonna go along with it untill I saw that annoying gamepro leak phrase that u and trash made so popular by posting it 2 billion times!, I think u guys will be eating ur words once the game comes out. oh and btw u forgot "from the horse's mouth" .oh wait, that's trash's line.

Last edited:
I understand that Sonya is around 50 years old now, but I don't ever recall menopause making your testosterone levels rise, like damn she looks bloody hideous.

All of the characters in the faction portraits are making angry faces.
UglyFace.jpg
Just look at Cassie in her Faction portrait, and compare that to in-game. She looks much better in-game, and Sonya will too. :)

Some of you guys, holy shit.

She looks fine, more serious and military, and kind of like The Boss.

She's supposed to be older, calm down, Jesus Christ.