Confirmed Rosters and Variations in MKX

I've made this so every time I see factual evidence on kombatants that appear in either the latest trailer, NRS reveal video or like a month away from the game's release, I'll update the opening post of the all of the fighters so far confirmed, as well as their respective fighting variation styles in parenthesis, in order of date reveals....

Kombatants:
Scorpion/Hanzo Hasashi (Ninjutsu/Hell Fire/Inferno)
Sub-Zero/?? (Cryomancer/Unbreakable/Grandmaster)
Kotal Kahn (Blood God/War God/Sun God)
Ferra/Torr (Ruthless/Vicious/Lackey)
D'Vorah (Brood Mother/Swarm Queen/Venomous)
Cassandra "Cassie" Cage (Hollywood/Brawler/Spec Ops)
Raiden (Thunder God/Displacer/Master of Storms)
Kano (Cutthroat/Cybernetic/Commando)
Quan Chi (Sorcerer/Warlock/Summoner)
Kung Lao (Hat Trick/Tempest/Buzz Saw)
Kitana (Mournful/Royal Storm/Assassin)
Reptile (Noxious/Deceptive/Nimble)
Ermac (Spectral/Mystic/Master of Souls)
Takahashi Takeda (Ronin/Shirai Ryu/Lasher)
Jacqueline "Jacqui" Briggs ()
Kung Jin (Shaolin/Ancestral/Bojutsu)
Mileena (Ravenous/Piercing/Ethereal)
Erron Black ()
Johnny Cage (A-List/Fisticuffs/Stunt Double)
Sonya Blade ()
Shinnok ()
Jackson "Jax" Briggs ()

Last edited:
I'm most excited to use these from each character:

Ninjitsu Scorpion
Cryomancer Sub-Zero
Cutthroat Kano
Displacer Raiden
Warlock Quan Chi
Buzz Saw Kung Lao
Assassin Kitana
Noxious Reptile
Mystic Ermac
Hollywood Cassie Cage
Swarm Queen D'Vorah
Vicious Ferra/Torr
War God Kotal Kahn

I can't wait to play as Sub-Zero. He was fun in MK9, but always the same old stuff. It's going to feel really good to use a quick Sub-Zero again.

I dislike the defensive gameplay style, so the parry system, though I find it very pleasing to the eyes, it's kinda hard to me.

So, variations like Master of Storms, Unbreakable and Commando will probably not be too used on the majority of rivals (depends, of course, of the character, I'm basing myself on known skills).

Now, Ninjustu, Cryomancer, Thunder God, Displacer, War God (the offensive ones of the characters I want to main/have first interest) are very convidative.

I dislike the defensive gameplay style, so the parry system, though I find it very pleasing to the eyes, it's kinda hard to me.

So, variations like Master of Storms, Unbreakable and Commando will probably not be too used on the majority of rivals (depends, of course, of the character, I'm basing myself on known skills).

Now, Ninjustu, Cryomancer, Thunder God, Displacer, War God (the offensive ones of the characters I want to main/have first interest) are very convidative.

I love parries. I've never really been a Kitana player, but I'm actually intrigued with her parries. I like exploiting how predictable people are online. Which is a big reason why I got into Dead or Alive.

I was undecided about Kitana's Mournful variation until I actually saw it in action today. I'm so in love with this new rendition of Kitana. Each of her variations excels in a certain area and I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on this game to try her out. I'm really excited to use Royal Storm, seems like it'll be incredibly fun (yet frustrating for the opponent) to use online, especially against someone with a lot of projectiles or air-based moves. Bring on April!

I love parries. I've never really been a Kitana player, but I'm actually intrigued with her parries. I like exploiting how predictable people are online. Which is a big reason why I got into Dead or Alive.

Parries are very nice! Shame I'm really bad :laugh:

And to tell you the truth, defensive mode will be important.

With a Reptile you can't touch, variations like Master of Storms will be important!

I was watching the stream again today, and I noticed that Kitana has Jade's Shadow Kick specific to the Mournful variation. They never mentioned it did they? I may be mistaken, but I don't think they did.

Update: As of 2/27/15, the Who's Next Story trailer revealed few new kombatants thus far. The ones with question mark and without any color to their name are not sure if they're playable.

Takashi Takeda
Jacqueline Briggs
Kung Jin
Mileena?
Erron Black?
Sindel?

Last edited:
Update: As of 2/27/15, the Who's Next Story trailer revealed few new kombatants thus far. The ones with question mark are not sure if they're playable.

Takashi Takeda
Jacqueline Briggs
Kung Jin
Mileena?
Erron Black?
Sindel?

I think Boon said that only 5 revealed characters will be playable. If that is the case, I don't think Sindel makes the cut.

Mileena, Erron and Sindel are not confirmed playable. If you're still going to mention them, you might as well add Johnny and Sonya to the OP.

Also, I believe it's spelled Takahashi. I could be wrong.

Adding Sindel is ridiculous, you should add Baraka and Rain too using that logic. And these two have more chances than her.

I Loved all of the variations, and i can wait to practice with all of them! but i REALLY wanna try:

Sub-Zero (Unbreakable)
Ferra/Torr (Vicious)
Kitana (Assassin)
Kano (Commando)
Ermac (Spectral)