Characters you disliked at first but now are a fan of

From any MK game in the series.

For me:

Bo Rai Cho- I think he's one of the of the most original characters, I actually like his special moves, and I like his storyline as a teacher (of Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Li Mei, and Shujinko)
Quan Chi- I thought he looked goofy and bland in MK4 but now I think he's one of the stronger characters in the series
Shinnok- Bad boss. Bad look (teal never works!). However he, and much of MK4, had a strong storyline (despite his story being taken from the Bible)

stryker. I hate every chick in this game other than jade and mileena and the only dude i dont like is kano. i hate kano. i'll never like him

From any MK game in the series.

For me:

Bo Rai Cho- I think he's one of the of the most original characters, I actually like his special moves, and I like his storyline as a teacher (of Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Li Mei, and Shujinko)
Quan Chi- I thought he looked goofy and bland in MK4 but now I think he's one of the stronger characters in the series
Shinnok- Bad boss. Bad look (teal never works!). However he, and much of MK4, had a strong storyline (despite his story being taken from the Bible)

I pretty much HATED Lui Kang in EVER single MK game EXCEPT for in MKvsDCU and MK9! Also I thought STRYKER was a USELESS character in the entire series until MK9. Hes pretty cool now!

And for some reason I have always loved Scorpion, BUT I dont like him very much in MK9! I think his new "swords" look doesnt FIT with his character! Oh and Kintaro looks so tiny compared to Goro!

I used to dislike Johnny Cage and Jax oh and I used to think Cyrax/Sektor/Nightwolf were a bit pointless add-ons as they didn't really develop the storyline. After MK9 however I LOVE the whole roster with the exception of maybe Jax...Although I do like Reptile/Baraka/Sheeva I just felt a bit like they were mere pawns in the storyline and their motives weren't really expanded on. Overall though it's a great game and all the characters were presented very well.

Mileena - Not that I disliked her, but just didn't care. Started to like her thanks to Deception.
Ermac - Same story as Mileena.
Noob Saibot - Was an unoriginal, boring character. Deception and especially MK9 made him a very cool character. I still hate his name though.
Smoke - Was one of the most unoriginal characters in classic MK's (just a gray Scorpion). Again, thanks to Decepion and MK9.

i now like Kabal, Stryker and smoke[alt costume only] and i'm not liking alot of others now, but i've never like Scorpion, too popular, i tend to use and like less iconic characters

Stryker-Now the most badass character of MK
Nightwolf- Proved he was worth something in MK9
Jax- Started to like him in Deadly Alliance
Shang Tsung- Got my respect in Deadly Alliance
Jade- Not that I didn't like her but I really didn't care for her until MK9

I still dislike:
Sub-Zero- Always found him boring
Quan Chi- He's just.....yeah
Sindel- Never had any interest in her
Sheeva- Im sorry but do I even need to explain?
Liu Kang- Only his mk2 version is cool
Tanya- Meh she never did it for me
All the newcomers in MK: Deception- Ruined the game for me
Bo Rai Cho- I don't see how he trains such powerful warriors lol
Frost- Well I don't like Sub-Zero so.....
Li Mei- She feels like a female Liu Kang to me :/

I've always like Reptile but when MK9 came out I didn't like his costume's so I didn't use him, then I went to practice mode with him and his fighting style won me over and eventually I accepted his look and like it now.

Nightwolf- (I was indifferent towards him at first but this game made me love him; he's like a human Raiden)

Quan Chi- (Now that I've realized how treacherous he is, he's my favorite MK villain.)

Smoke- (Probably one of the most forgettable characters from the klassics, but this game, like Nightwolf. Made me see him in a new light; he has potential to be great, his story still needs to expand beyond Sub-Zero's friend, but gameplay-wise he is awesome. His revamp makes me eager to see the revamps for Kenshi, Rain, Fujin, and other MK characters that deserve a second chance.)

Cyrax- (Always considered him inferior to Sektor, even with more unique special moves, being black, and having more of a storyline. Story-wise now he has reached the top 10 of my favorite characters in MK.)

Kabal- (Didn't like him at all when he was evil in Deception and Armageddon, but I liked him in MK3 when I actually paid attention to him; this game has made him badass.)

i always hated kano and jc but for some reason i find them cool in mk9 story and game play wise,and i really love sindel in the story the ***** killed almost all earth's warriors she is just badass!