Characters that for sure wont be in MK9 as DLC (Twitter proof)

Cedric

Im on twitter all the time and I pay attention to what Boon post everyday. It seems like he is giving definite hints of who will not be DLC and two characters (besides Kenshi and Skarlet) that will be in.
Here are the tweets (most recent ones as of May 10th)...for those who dont have a twitter and havnt seen these. If this has been posted already then mods close this please:)

LI MEI:
"RT @LiMei2010 @noobde Li Mei Li Mei Li Mei Li Mei Li Mei Li Mei! :) Noobde: NoWay NoWay NoWay NoWay NoWay! ;)"

FUJIN:
"RT @Kaiser499 @noobde Fujin in MK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRrzi5ndp1o Noobde: Come back in a year and tell me Fujin is in the game."

"RT @KabalandStryker @noobde I really hope Fujin gets a really good fatilty in mk9 Noobde: Fujin is not in MK9."

TANYA:
"RT @seanay @noobde can u give Tanya a good fatality in this game please Noobde: Did you find Tanya ALREADY? Damn u r good !!!"

RAIN:
"RT @Petforces @noobde Plz add Rain as DLC, I would buy a second copy of this game if you did. Noobde: You make a convincing argument !!"

MAVADO, LI MEI (again), and KIRA:
"RT @GanonMT91 @noobde Ed Boon, is there any chance of Mavado, Li Mei, and/or Kira being DLC in MK? Noobde: Pretty slim chance. Sorry.:("

HAVIK:
"RT @TuleRune @noobde Is there any chance of Havik being MK9 DLC? The Human Pencil Sharpener fatality is legendary. Noobde: Not a good chance"

MOKAP:
"RT @Gambeh @noobde are u planing to release mokap as a DLC ? Noobde: No. Sorry."

From the looks of this Rain and Tanya are most likely in...99% chance. He didnt deny them being in like he did the others. Also, older tweets confirms this too.

Looks like Havik, Fujin, Mavado, Mokap, Li Mei, and Kira wont make DLC.

I was pretty sure Havik would make it in since he's in Noob's ending and Boon posted a tweet of which DLC characters people would like to see (Havik was one of the ones in his list also Rain and Tanya), but I guess their saving the Chaos/Order thing for MK10. Fujin I knew wouldnt be in even though he was in Kratos ending, but that wont be seen on the 360 version anyway so that wouldnt confirm anything.

I can't say I'm disappointed they wont make it, though Havik had some cool fatalities. I think fans are more interested in the old school MK characters.

Gonna go out on a limb and say the likes of Onaga won't be added to MK9 at any stage..

I'm glad that Rain and Kenshi are as good as confirmed though, those two are boss.

While I don't think anything of this confirms anything until it is stated clear as day because, let's face it, Boon loves to f--k with the fans lol. However, I do like the possibility of Rain being in (I don't honestly care about Tanya, though I found the "confirmation" to be a tad dubious) and I'm looking forward to playing as Kenshi and checking out Skarlet. Fujin would've been a cool character to have, Havik as well, but Li Mei, Mavado, Kira, and Mokap are no big lose to me. I never liked much about the four of them (though I've got a bit of thing for punk-ish looking chicks lol, so Kira's look struck me a little). Either way, I love to speculate with everyone (I've posted plenty in the DLC rumor and wishlist threads), but until Boon outright says "[insert character/stage/whatever here] is definitely on our future release schedule" I can't believe it. I've been burned by him before lol. =P

I would like to be both disappointed with havik being NOT in the game, and would like to point out something:

Come back in a year and tell me Fujin is in

We already have a leaked DLC file that says FUJIN when you select him... I think he is planned, but not for a while.

can't really believe someone actually asked for Mokap O_O wtf.. I mean everyone has fans but.. twitter asking? :p ok other than that, he was pretty clear for Mavado, Li Mei and Kira.. I expected to answer something else for Havik since he appears in story mode. so basically he left it hanging for Rain and Tanya. I expect Rain cause he was the only one left out so :p the weird one is Fujin.. he's a good character that can be better with an overhaul and some hacks showed a starting male model for him. nothing big of course but his name WAS fujin. anyway we'll see I guess

I would like to be both disappointed with havik being NOT in the game, and would like to point out something:

We already have a leaked DLC file that says FUJIN when you select him... I think he is planned, but not for a while.

How are those brutalties coming along for you? :p When an audio clip is the only proof for something, that doesn't really mean too much. They've always added extra stuff like that to throw people off.

How are those brutalties coming along for you? :p When an audio clip is the only proof for something, that doesn't really mean too much. They've always added extra stuff like that to throw people off.

Could very well be that both Brutalities and Fujin will be released later as DLC for our use, but they could both be red herrings as well. Brutalities could also be something they started and then decided to cut, maybe never releasing them. Fujin could be a started project that they cut the cord on as well. My hope is that all kinds of content will be released, the more the merrier and anyone can buy only what they want, but no one really knows for sure either way. Except for those teasing bastards at NRS... *shakes fist menacingly* lol

If I had it, I'd bet serious cash that Tanya will be DLC. She not only was one of the more popular post-MKT characters (she and Quan Chi were the only new MK4 characters to make an appearance in a future game that wasn't Armageddon; also, Fujin was supposed to be in Deception but due to fan complaints Raiden replaced him), she is important to the storyline, being the main traitor of Edenia. Ed Boon mentioned her in his (serious) tweet about the order of preference for DLC characters. That list included Kenshi, a confirmed DLC character, Rain, who will inevitably become DLC due to fan demand, and a new character; we already have Skarlet, a new character, confirmed as a DLC character. Ed Boon has some affinity for her, as well, considering he named Tanya after one of his sisters (same thing with Sonya, who not only was in the game but is one of the only two surviving Earthrealm warriors in the story, just food for thought).

Reiko will probably be DLC, too, considering how many cameos he has in MK9 and his role as a general of the Forces of Darkness in MK4.

As for the Fujin tweet, I think that actually might be a positive sign of him being DLC in the future. His response to me may mean "Come back in a year or so and then you can tell me Fujin is in thr game.", like saying he isn't on the disc but eventually he'll be DLC.

Shinnok they might save for the next game considering he is the main boss, but I have a gut feeling that he'll be DLC, too, with his appearance at the end of the story and him being mentioned in Boon's serious DLC tweet.

Cyber Smoke will probably be DLC to please the other side of Smoke's fanbase that prefers him in cyborg form, being mentioned in Boon's DLC tweet, and for nostalgia reasons.

Last edited:
I agree Rain and Tanya are the top choices for DLC.
Reiko and Shinnok are runner ups.
Boon never denied any of them making it as DLC and has given hints of their inclusion

Fujin...Im not sure of...there has to be a reason his name is set for the male base DLC.

Boon also mentioned Bo Rai Cho's animality in a tweet a while back...hopefully thats a confirmation of both.

I think too many people are hoping for too many MK4 to later MK game characters. They have to save people for the sequel or why would we buy it?

I'll be happy with additional characters (Kenshi, Skarlet, *Rain) the classic costumes, and some additional fatalities.

Brutalities are awesome man! Theys beats people up and isn't afraid of anything!

Why do ppl take anything Boon says seriously? You cant go by anything heard on twitter. If all these DLC kharacters they put out sell well, they will continue putting out other kharacters. Ppl can believe what they want but I can easily see at least 10 kharacters come for DLC like

Skarlett
Kenshi
Tremor
Fujin
Shinnock
Tanya
Rain
Bo Rai Cho
Frost
Reiko

We need a balance for DLC. They need to put out a few modes for DLC like Vs CPU and Survival. Those 2 alone will bring this game to a new level and stay popular.

Why do ppl take anything Boon says seriously? You cant go by anything heard on twitter. If all these DLC kharacters they put out sell well, they will continue putting out other kharacters. Ppl can believe what they want but I can easily see at least 10 kharacters come for DLC like

Skarlett
Kenshi
Tremor
Fujin
Shinnock
Tanya
Rain
Bo Rai Cho
Frost
Reiko

We need a balance for DLC. They need to put out a few modes for DLC like Vs CPU and Survival. Those 2 alone will bring this game to a new level and stay popular.

Only thing is, based on the Skarlett leaked video I've seen, unless things are changed, I can't see more that six DLC characters. If they are in fact presented in the select screen side-by-side next to the CSZs, there's only so much space on the screen (and I estimate that being room for six). Not having a PS3, I have no idea if Kratos' select is side-by-side with CSZ, but if it is, then that would actually limit it to five, unless the 360 gets some sort of an exclusive DLC character too, so both would have six.