Cassie's X-Ray

There shouldn't be ANY doubt that the playable roster will include characters from the time period of MK9 - 25 Years Later. Not JUST the "25 Years Later" characters.

As for the whole "playable Johnny Cage and Sonya are going to be old" argument? Remember that there are alternate costumes in Story Mode. I wouldn't have a doubt that if Johnny and Sonya are in the game, they're going to have "younger version" alternate costumes.

Agreed 100%.
I can't give "Thanks" right now, but this is exactly what I'm thinking.
60% of the roster was dead by the end of the MK9 story, but all the "dead" characters were playable in MK9.
Cyber Sub-Zero, human Bi-Han Sub-Zero, human Kuai-Liang Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot were all playable in MK9, so I don't see why Sonya or Johnny can't be in.

Same here.
If Sonya and Cage were the "aging" characters that Boon was speaking of, we could possibly see either alternate "young" costumes, or NRS even could come up with some explanation of how Cage and Sonya are granted youth by the elder gods (as Liu Kang was before for being MK champion).

It boggles my mind how your people insist in treating this game with this half assed storyline as if it was reality, and the character selection screen had to reflect a certain point in time.

They make story mode. Young Cage and Sonya appear. 25 years later Cassie appears. You're allowed to use both. End of story.

No reason to bust your head thinking how Cage and Sonya stay young. They don't.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Considering that the Cassie Cage we see is young and than we have that render with her looking slightly older with shorter hair I HIGHLY doubt that Cassie Cage wont appear before the end of the 25 year mark. Besides, I can see a young Cassie sparring with one or both of her parents.

You're backing my point that the character select screen doesn't reflect a particular point during the storyline and is just a mashup of the characters from different points in time.

I actually had a dream last night in which new MKX footage was shown and I've seen Cassie's x-ray and it definately felt like seeing it real-life heh - now I feel like I've actually seen it. I also saw two new characters - a shadow priestess and an Asian male looking simillar to Liu Kang (perhaps a descendant). And then there was one stupid new arena, it was like a video game store with MK posters all over the walls. It was actually pretty amazing how detailed the dream was :O

It boggles my mind how your people insist in treating this game with this half assed storyline as if it was reality, and the character selection screen had to reflect a certain point in time.

They make story mode. Young Cage and Sonya appear. 25 years later Cassie appears. You're allowed to use both. End of story.

No reason to bust your head thinking how Cage and Sonya stay young. They don't.

I agree ...some people really are thinking way to much into this.

THE STORY MODE IS A SPAN OF 25 YEARS.
EXAMPLE:We can use Cage in the first Chapter of the game AND IF HE DIES he will still be a playable character .

Nevertheless it would be a surprise if Johnny or Sonya made the (playable) roster. Cassie has the Hollywood variation (based on Cage's moves and swag) and the Spec Ops (a Sonya-alike) version. Plus she has Johnny's signature move, the Nut Kracker. So if Cage and Sonya are playable what about their moves? Cage won't have his signature Nut Kracker move or 2 characters will have the same? As for Sonya, Cassie has the 'soldier girl' spot so it would be kinda 2 characters for the same type.

They have a role to play in the story and maybe they can be unlocked, but Cassie being a mixture of their skill-set it won't make much sense to me to include them individually as well.

Ed Boon trolls us again lmfao:
tumblr_n7zodv1hF31rc75zuo1_250.gif

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/483669734001373184

The concept of Cassie is cool, but her nut breaker is literally the same as Cage's. What a turn off. I'd expected NRS to fully understand we don't want copycats anymore. Fortunately she does seem a little more unique than your standart copycat-Jane Doe...

It doesn't end the same though. One punch to the dick, then she pistol whips them and shoots them in the eyes.
Doesn't sound like a Cage copy cat to me.

The animation looks REALLY off though. Like REALLY off.

Johnny does a cartwheel and then the Kiss of Death before punching them?
I must have missed that.

tumblr_n7zodv1hF31rc75zuo1_250.gif

JohnnyCageXRay.gif

Totally the same right?

The concept of Cassie is cool, but her nut breaker is literally the same as Cage's. What a turn off. I'd expected NRS to fully understand we don't want copycats anymore. Fortunately she does seem a little more unique than your standart copycat-Jane Doe...

Sounds like somebody here is over generalizing what someone else is saying.

Either way, the nut punch is - arguably - an iconic move in MK and fans would be ecstatic to see it come back. It's like in Street Fighter, everybody would throw their shit if they didn't see Hadoken in right? Not to mention multiple characters have Hadoken as well, would you call them copycats of Ryu just because of that? Plus, it isn't like Cassie is a complete copy of Johnny anyways.

Johnny does a cartwheel and then the Kiss of Death before punching them?
I must have missed that.

Totally the same right?
Really, that's even worse. She basically rips off iconic moves of TWO iconic characters. This is Kira all over again.

Btw, I was talking about the MOVE "nut punch" and its animations, I am not quite sure what Sonya's moves have to do with it anyway, but the fact she actually perfoms kiss of death and cartwheel before nut breaker makes it so much more of a copycat, gosh! I hadn't noticed it until you said it :/

So far, VERY disappointed by Cassie.

I find it pretty crappy how they animated her punching arm as a weird kind of uppercut instead of a straight jab.

cassie is jc and sonya's daughter, of course she'll have their moves. it's like you get mad cuz akuma has srk.

That Cassie has very short hair. Older Cassie or Alt Costume?

She doesn't really have that much to age in-game unless her first version is when she's like 18 and her next is her when she's 22 at least.

Even than she's fairly young to be in Special Forces.

Furthermore, why hasn't anyone made a General Discussion topic yet for Cassie?