Boring bland character

Hopefully, her gameplay might be interesting, but I can't say the same about her aesthetic design (and most of the Special Forces characters for that matter).

We know nothing about her. Cassie, Sonya, Johnny, Liu and Kung Lao are all boring aesthetically as well.

There has been nothing boring or bland about her as of yet. Is it because she's related to Jax? If no one know that tid bit, people wouldn't make that assumption.

There has been nothing boring or bland about her as of yet. Is it because she's related to Jax? If no one know that tid bit, people wouldn't make that assumption.

Her whole design is boring, it's like someone went into a "create a character" portion of a game and

selected female->black->braids -> and the first outfit you get to choose from..

You can tell no work went into her appearance..

Kiss the Ring, Marshall...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

LMAOOO!!

I remember that

Her and cassie both look like boring bland characters. Though for some reason I want to play as Jacqui more than anyone else in-game besides tanya so far.

Oh it's you again.

Her outfit doesn't even bother me because u know there will be different outfits to choose from.

She's gonna be a beast, she has gauntlets on her arms That are either flamethrowers or machineguns which are very intresting and unique, on top of that she does Muay thai which i love. I have a feeling she will be the best representation of kickboxing of any fighting game, have u seen her X-Ray? Damm!

Last edited:
Based on my experience with this board, I pretty much assumed a character like Jacqui wasn't gonna be liked by many here, regardless of her gameplay being shown. This community from my perspective seems to find a more fantasy type of design more appealing for their female chars than a brawler. I feel if her design was modeled after an outworld female, or just more dark and edgy in general while utilizing some type of magical, gimmicky, powerset she would go over a lot better with this community.

Personally, I like Jacqui and I am looking forward to playing her, and I rarely play the female chars in the MK series outside of Sonya. Idk, I just think she is very different from the norm of the series. Just the fact that there's nothing overtly sexual about her at all already makes her more unique than 90% of female FG characters, and on top of that she is a black girl with braids/natty hair rather than a weave which is something rarely portrayed in the media, let alone FGs. And I like that look. Which makes it hard for me to understand when she gets labeled a "generic black girl" on here. Imo, Her look, is pretty much her own.

The whole female brawler aspect makes her fighting style look interesting too. I don't really like the gadgets/gauntlets concept though. As for her outfit, its fine for me. Although, I would like her outfit in the comic were she is training with Jax in that raiden vision panel a lot more, but I guess that wouldn't be practical in the field.

At least wait until you see some gameplay man, geez. And what did you expect for her to look? If you don't like her primary, she has an alt, and if you don't like her as a character AFTER they show gameplay, well don't use her. That simple.

Due to the topic of this thread, a general warning that personal attacks will not be tolerated. It has been relatively civil for the most part, but I do not want anything to escalate.

Also, no instigating or goading on other members.

I hate when people judge on character too damn soon before any gameplay releases. I'm holding my reservation til I see her in action, although I might mess with her, since I'm a very aggressive, but flexible player. And her possible rushdown variation might suit my gameplay style.

Off topic: Congratz on your promotion as a moderator Taj.

I haven't seen anything of her yet, and I kinda toyed around with Jax MK9, so who knows; she may be my sleeper hit.

Oh it's you again.

Her outfit doesn't even bother me because u know there will be different outfits to choose from.

She's gonna be a beast, she has gauntlets on her arms That are either flamethrowers or machineguns which are very intresting and unique, on top of that she does Muay thai which i love. I have a feeling she will be the best representation of kickboxing of any fighting game, have u seen her X-Ray? Damm!

http://www.shacknews.com/article/88...on-impressions-a-new-generation-of-kombatants
quote- Jaqui Briggs: Although her family tried to discourage her from joining the military, Jaqui was determined to follow in her father's footsteps by becoming a member of the special ops team. While she lacks her father's cybernetic arms, she set to become a heavy hitter. Jacqui makes for a perfect counterpart to Cassie by relying on a few slow but devastating moves, as opposed to Cassie's combination of fast strikes. She may actually be a bigger threat than her dad, since she moves a little faster and has more agility than Jax. The metal arms motif isn't abandoned entirely, as there is a variation where she arms herself with a pair of robotic gauntlets for that extra touch.
it appears that she may have both a flamethrower and machinegun. and in one variation she appears to have only one gauntlet. thought to be a power gauntlet.
GQy6a0H.jpg
KpsrmTF.jpg-flamethrower?
PJhoSxU.jpg-machine gun?
vlcsnap-2015-03-29-02h24m34s16.jpg-one gauntlet- power glove for hard shots? - this is from the commercial.

I have a feeling that she will be very fun character to play with, can't wait to see more of her.