Best Xbox Live players

None really stand out to me to be honest. It's always the obligatory Johnny, Kung Lao, or Smoke.

Same here.

Only player I always remember is ThatAsianTechGuy or something like that.

He played Jade and wrecked my Mileena. And this was at the time where Mileena was my best character.

LOL! You guys are funny.

Oh for the best player on XBL? That obviously goes to DBman, he's good with everyone on the roster. He even 3-0'd Station2.

If you ever see Kana1da be prepared to fight for your life. We're on every night around 11PM-3AM EST... Our skills were crafted to beat the crap out of cheap characters like kung lao, smoke, johnny, cyrax, and mileena. Those people don't even exist in our roster... ;)

IMMORTAL ANGEL is amazing

No he's not. He's only using a programmable game pad. You can just tell after a while because normal people don't keep doing entire perfectly repeated unusually long combos 100% on point. Also because they fall for uppercuts more than usual as well (since they're stuck performing a combo probably). Even worse though are those people that are not only bad players, but they make the game lag during very convenient moments like during teleports or getting up etc... I don't mean the whole game is laggy. Only laggy every time it's to their advantage and very obviously. I had a sheeva try to do this to me, jumped out of the screen, lagged for 5 seconds then dropped after seeing where I was going to move. Sadly lots of players do this, but luckily I still beat them quite a bit. Turning your firewall on in your router helps somewhat (DOS attack prottection). This way if they actually try to attack you, they get disconnected and it counts as a win for you instead of freezing your screen and booting you off at times.

Try taking out a stop watch and starting it when the match starts. You'll see sometimes massive differences at the end. I finished with 30 seconds left, but 1:30 had already passed on my watch.

:) got a little carried away there for a minute. I'm a network admin so I watch network traffic for mk using a network protocol analysis tool called WireShark

So you get to look over mk matches and such?

I got tired of strange quirks so first i bought a more capable router an Asus RT-N16. It runs linux inside so you can actually make it do lots of stuff. To enable the Dos attack protection. That stopped people who where freezing my xbox and helps with stutter cheats to an extent.

Setting up WireShark requires a little bit more work but anyone with 2 network cards or 2 network ports on their motherboard can do it. Just plug your cable modem to one, then enable internet connection sharing. Now that it's sharing the connection on port 2, connect that to the WAN/Internet side of your router (if you still want wifi and stuff). Or just connect the xbox directly to it. After that install wireshark. It has a capture button, just start a capture anytime a match is going on. It will log all data sent to and from your xbox and the ip addresses of all parties invovled.

Basically cheaters flood you with SYN/ACK packets or have a friend unplug the cable annoyingly (hope their xbox network port dies:reddy:). Those packets are sorta like saying hey did you get that data? nope. Re-send. Hi/bye sorta stuff. Cheaters send unusual number of those to force the xbox to get stuck or work harder. A good router (or firewall app on the pc in this case) will drop those packets after it receives like 50 because it knows it's an attack. Usually causing the attacker to get disconnected and loose the match, or at least protect you partially to make it less annoying.

If your ISP catches you doing this they will usually ban you completely for a very long if not indefinite time. It's actually illegal, at least here in the US.

WireShark is free
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/

No, everyone can do cyrax or smoke lol... those are peanuts. Kung lao is one of the ones that's exploited the most in that type of situation. Believe me if you play immortal angel you'd know what I mean. But that's another type of cheating, modified controllers. Also taking the fun out of many matches.

Hey guys, I enabled port forwarding on my router last night. Not sure if it's because it was later or not but I was getting single player speeds online consistently. zero lag. Before I was just letting NAT/uPNP do it's own port negotiation (usually how routers come out of the box).

Yeah I love this router with the newer firmware. The realtime graph and telnet access is really handy. not sure if you've tried it but if you telnet into the box, type in 'top' and press enter. It will show you something like the windows task manager so you can see how loaded it is. I figured out that it's not a good idea attaching a usb drive to it (my 1TB one anyways) because it slows your router to a crawl if you have tons and tons of files on the usb drive.