A Motaro boss fight or more DLC characters?

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters

robwill80

I know there are other Motaro threads deeper down the boards, but I don't think this poll has been done.

The Tremor vs. Cyber Smoke poll made me wonder how nostalgic people are for the old days of MK Trilogy.

Now that Rain is being added as DLC, nearly all of MK Trilogy's roster is in MK9. If you put aside any development difficulties, which would you now want more: A 4-legged Motaro as a sub-boss, or more playable DLC characters?

More playable characters would be great, but if I really had to choose, I'd pick a fight against Motaro.

DLC, Motaro would have been nice at the launch, but after beating the ladder with almost every character, I focus more on multi-player.

Motaro.

This ain't a back to basic if one major character from the original game is still missing. They even have his model in the game. I want to fight Motaro and they could release him as DLC for offline game anyway...

More DLC characters, easily. I don't know what the fascination is with imbalanced boss characters...

Well, for the purposes of this question here, I'm not worried about balancing. I'm simply gauging the nostalgia factor associated with MK9.

I just want to know if people would prefer another element from Trilogy (Motaro) or more elements from outside Trilogy (characters from later MK games).

Just so that it's clear - I'm not against non-Trilogy additions to MK9. I think Quan Chi, Skarlet and Kenshi have been decent characters in this game.

To be honest, Id like both!!!! But if I had to really pick, it would have be the Motaro boss fight since it would depend which characters would be released as DLC and not all post MK3 characters impressed me, even though there were a few I really liked including Hotaru, Dairou, and Fujin to name a few...

I would love to have Motaro in mk9 but since he is very physically different from all others characters and plays differently NRS may pull off something along the lines of 'bipedal Motaro' or something else so that he fits into the gameplay well but ruining his orginal Mk3 concept :(.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
They should release Motaro as a NON-PLAYABLE BOSS via DLC.

It would be nice to see him rotate every, once in a while, between Goro and Kintaro.

The only problem I can see with Motaro is some X rays wouldn't work on him

They could just disable the X-Rays on him, and make him a GOOD challenging boss.
I don't use the X-Ray feature as a crutch, when I'm fighting the bosses, anyways.

They could just disable the X-Rays on him, and make him a GOOD challenging boss.
I don't use the X-Ray feature as a crutch, when I'm fighting the bosses, anyways.

Thats what I was thinking, also to make it kinda fair he shouldn't have an X ray he can just used enhanced moves or have no meter like the secret fights

Thats what I was thinking, also to make it kinda fair he shouldn't have an X ray he can just used enhanced moves or have no meter like the secret fights

I'd give HIM an X-Ray, like Goro and Kintaro.
If he's in, as future DLC, I want him to be a good challenge like in the days of MK 3.

If we can't do X-Rays on Motaro, we should do a unique fatality on him with each character (all characters have different ways of finishing him. Plus, I want Tanya, Khameleon, and Nitara and then the rest of DLC should focus on new fatalities, outfits, and other features.

.... the rest of DLC should focus on new fatalities, outfits, and other features.

I agree with that statement.
I want to see some new stages, but as much as I'd LOVE to see new stages, I don't see it happening.

I would love to see ADDITIONAL fatalities and costumes thoug ;-)

I've always been interested in seeing Motaro released as a non-playable boss that swaps into Goro and Kintaro's slot but if I had to have him at the expense of future DLC characters, I'd have to say no. Motaro would be cool, but a fully playable fighter versus a character that will only come into play as a boss in the Arcade Ladder and even then would only crop up 33% of the time. Sorry Motaro, if it's either or, you lose.

I would rather something i could play as over and over than have to face something with characters i've used hundreds of times

It's so disappointing Motaro and Khameleon always end up being excluded when they've got so much potential going on.

It's RIDICULOUS having a game with so many centaur references and not having one single centaur as character. It's a CENTAUR, more original than that you cannot get. I would sure pay for having Motaro as a non-playable sub-boss since Goro and Kintaro are boring to the extreme. X-rays wouldn't work on Motaro and he should be immune to certain moves, such as specials grabs, which require a certain mechanism that a four-legged character could not have. I think it'd be totally worth it, it's impossible that you are an old-school fan and you don't want Motaro, when I was 10 years old, he was craaazy! One of my favourites up to this day. But, it's IMPOSSIBLE that NRS releases him as DLC due to laziness, they didn't in the main game, I highly doubt they'll do it in DLC.

Khameleon already has the looks, the originality going on and the storyline, all she misses is a unique gameplay style. Reptile was such a piece of shit in terms of participation that Khameleon would be a fantastic addition. But again, I doubt Khameleon and Chameleon get released as DLC and we'll never have a full Trilogy roster (not to forget Hornbuckle and Tremor of course, to me, they're almost as part of the original 3 MK games as the rest of the roster, and as Skarlet, we could include Blaze here as well).