4th DLC Character Discussion: Freddy Krueger~ ALL FREDDY DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Are you getting Freddy Krueger?

• Total voters
So you deleted Rain and Kenshi just because you dont want to see Freddy's icon in you roster?

Im sorry but that's the dumbest thing I ever heard, you paid $15 for 0 characters lololol

As well as not having to see a character I find distasteful show up in ladder mode constantly.

As far as the fifteen bucks goes, it is what it is. Just a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things.

An example of someone who assumes there opinion and sensibilities are FAR more important then reality suggests.

You paid for the pass means you paid for the "mystery" char aka freddy. There are no refunds. Enjoy.

There's no need to be a douche bag about it. I respectfully stated my opinion without trying to start an argument. It doesn't bother me one single bit that a majority of people enjoy Freddy, as I said everyone is entitled to their own tastes and sensibilities so I don't understand what you mean. How can my own personal tastes be dictated at all by reality? Within my own psyche how can my own tastes be anything less than absolute? Also, I didn't 'purchase' for Freddy like you suggest, I purchased a deal that allowed me to get a 4th character for free, I am not obligated to him, at this stage he's simply a bonus that I choose to not redeem unlike your less than respectful attitude which you, however, did include weather I like it or not. And I thought I did so respectively without degrading anyone else's tastes. As someone new to these forums you're a poor ambassador, you cast a poor light on this community. Mortal Kombat started in the arcades, we had to look at each other face to face when we talked about MK. Back in the day, talking with smug attitude could result in you getting your face punched in. As a result, arcade game fans were a polite respectful bunch. It's a real shame to see the modern online gamer attitude of 'hey I'm anonymous I can act like as ass' has begun to crept into a community that once had noble qualities.

I'm in the same boat. I bought the season pass however I don't want him in my game, period.

If you've purchased the season pass and choose only to download the fourth compatibility patch from the XBL marketplace you'll get Freddy as a playable character, even if you don't download the "Freddy Playable Warrior" option from within the game.

I don't own a PS3, but after tinkering around with the Xbox a bit these are the options I discovered:

1. Choose not to download the fourth compatibility patch or the file from within the game, in which case you can still access your DLC fighters but you'll miss out on Sub Zero's new outfits.

2. Deleting your season pass file from the Xbox HDD will remove Freddy. Unfortunately nuking the season pass will also prohibit you from selecting Rain/Kenshi/Skarlet.

Hardly optimal, but there it is.

In my case I've deleted the season pass and just use the four compatibility packs now. I personally never use the DLC characters anyway.

Its left a sour taste to be sure, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to get the new SZ costumes and have Mr. Krueger absent.

This is more like it, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

HATERS you are mssing out on Freddy he moves as fast as hell! And if you're good enough you can pop out some high damage combos with him

There's no need to be a douche bag about it. I respectfully stated my opinion without trying to start an argument. It doesn't bother me one single bit that a majority of people enjoy Freddy, as I said everyone is entitled to their own tastes and sensibilities so I don't understand what you mean. How can my own personal tastes be dictated at all by reality? Within my own psyche how can my own tastes be anything less than absolute? Also, I didn't 'purchase' for Freddy like you suggest, I purchased a deal that allowed me to get a 4th character for free, I am not obligated to him, at this stage he's simply a bonus that I choose to not redeem unlike your less than respectful attitude which you, however, did include weather I like it or not. And I thought I did so respectively without degrading anyone else's tastes. As someone new to these forums you're a poor ambassador, you cast a poor light on this community. Mortal Kombat started in the arcades, we had to look at each other face to face when we talked about MK. Back in the day, talking with smug attitude could result in you getting your face punched in. As a result, arcade game fans were a polite respectful bunch. It's a real shame to see the modern online gamer attitude of 'hey I'm anonymous I can act like as ass' has begun to crept into a community that once had noble qualities.

This is more like it, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

no it was, it was just thinly veiled with correct grammar and politeness.

and id say the same thing in person bud. you paid for a 4th char, you got a 4th char, if its not a char you want, dont play it, having him on the selection screen is not going to be the end all for you.

but hey feel free to waste teh money you spent on freddy and delete the season pass, more money for nrs i spose.

and if you dont get my first part, suffice to say that you act as if your own opinions and sensibilities are important enough to warrant nrs changing the system they implemented to appease you on a aesthetic level (char select screen) since you wont be playing the char obviously anyways.

hell im not just talking to you here, anyone who does that (deletes season pass just so they dont have freddy) has more money then sense.

no it was, it was just thinly veiled with correct grammar and politeness.

and id say the same thing in person bud. you paid for a 4th char, you got a 4th char, if its not a char you want, dont play it, having him on the selection screen is not going to be the end all for you.

but hey feel free to waste teh money you spent on freddy and delete the season pass, more money for nrs i spose.

and if you dont get my first part, suffice to say that you act as if your own opinions and sensibilities are important enough to warrant nrs changing the system they implemented to appease you on a aesthetic level (char select screen) since you wont be playing the char obviously anyways.

hell im not just talking to you here, anyone who does that (deletes season pass just so they dont have freddy) has more money then sense.

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't implying that my tastes warrant NRS changing their system, in fact I acknowledge that by disliking Freddy I'm in the minority. Perhaps you read into what I wrote a bit too far cause that was not at all implied. Actually, I was really asking for the opposite. I wanted to know if I could respectfully remove him from my roster alone. By roster I don't mean remove him from the character select screen, that doesn't bother me one bit. Hell, I wouldn't care if Barney the Dinosaur was on the select screen. I just don't want Freddy showing up in my arcade ladder that's all.

I don't think I'll delete the season pass. Rain and Skarlet are pretty crap in my opinion but I don't mind Kenshi.

I just wish there was an 'opt out' option for those of us who'd prefer not to play against Freddy (online is a different matter, I understand that when playing online I just have to play against whoever my opponent chooses, Freddy or otherwise).

Basically, I don't mind Freddy being added as DLC, I don't even mind that I bought the season pass cause I still would have paid the $20+ for the 3 characters anyway, I just don't really like the character and feel like I shouldn't have to be forced to have him in my game.

Hope you understand. That is all.

I wanted to know if I could respectfully remove him from my roster alone. By roster I don't mean remove him from the character select screen, that doesn't bother me one bit. Hell, I wouldn't care if Barney the Dinosaur was on the select screen. I just don't want Freddy showing up in my arcade ladder that's all.

This. I've been asking for this for a long while, because of Kratos.

It would be great to have an option to "Choose your opponents" in ladder mode, just like there was in MKvsDC. A choice of two categories - "Mortal Kombat" or "Mixed". It wouldn't interfere with individual character selection, or multiplayer matches online or offline.

Just give players a means to stop the CPU from picking the guests.

I'm in the same boat. I bought the season pass however I don't want him in my game, period.

If you've purchased the season pass and choose only to download the fourth compatibility patch from the XBL marketplace you'll get Freddy as a playable character, even if you don't download the "Freddy Playable Warrior" option from within the game.

I don't own a PS3, but after tinkering around with the Xbox a bit these are the options I discovered:

1. Choose not to download the fourth compatibility patch or the file from within the game, in which case you can still access your DLC fighters but you'll miss out on Sub Zero's new outfits.

2. Deleting your season pass file from the Xbox HDD will remove Freddy. Unfortunately nuking the season pass will also prohibit you from selecting Rain/Kenshi/Skarlet.

Hardly optimal, but there it is.

In my case I've deleted the season pass and just use the four compatibility packs now. I personally never use the DLC characters anyway.

Its left a sour taste to be sure, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to get the new SZ costumes and have Mr. Krueger absent.

on the ps3 you can go into the dlc menu in mortal kombat and download the characters separately again. have you tried to see if you can do that?

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't implying that my tastes warrant NRS changing their system, in fact I acknowledge that by disliking Freddy I'm in the minority. Perhaps you read into what I wrote a bit too far cause that was not at all implied. Actually, I was really asking for the opposite. I wanted to know if I could respectfully remove him from my roster alone. By roster I don't mean remove him from the character select screen, that doesn't bother me one bit. Hell, I wouldn't care if Barney the Dinosaur was on the select screen. I just don't want Freddy showing up in my arcade ladder that's all.

I don't think I'll delete the season pass. Rain and Skarlet are pretty crap in my opinion but I don't mind Kenshi.

I just wish there was an 'opt out' option for those of us who'd prefer not to play against Freddy (online is a different matter, I understand that when playing online I just have to play against whoever my opponent chooses, Freddy or otherwise).

Basically, I don't mind Freddy being added as DLC, I don't even mind that I bought the season pass cause I still would have paid the $20+ for the 3 characters anyway, I just don't really like the character and feel like I shouldn't have to be forced to have him in my game.

Hope you understand. That is all.

Honestly reading this reminds me of a specific word (the way the post is worded)

Example

*I'm fine with them playing golf so long as its not on MY Golf course!*

Ya...

Honestly reading this reminds me of a specific word (the way the post is worded)

Example

*I'm fine with them playing golf so long as its not on MY Golf course!*

Ya...

Really? You're gonna equate not wanting to play against Freddy Krueger in MK9 to actual prejudice?

Yeah, the guy is being childish, but you completely ****ed your own argument right there.

Really? You're gonna equate not wanting to play against Freddy Krueger in MK9 to actual prejudice?

Yeah, the guy is being childish, but you completely ****ed your own argument right there.
Actually u have that wrong if you would read his post. He recognizes he will have to play AGAINST freddy online. He just doesn't want freddy in his mk ladder. And I said the tone of his post reminded me of it. I'm not saying he's prejudice...rather I thought it was just funny observation.

Actually u have that wrong if you would read his post. He recognizes he will have to play AGAINST freddy online. He just doesn't want freddy in his mk ladder. And I said the tone of his post reminded me of it. I'm not saying he's prejudice...rather I thought it was just funny observation.

Not a huge difference. And my mistake, but your post came off like you were serious.

I don't care about anybody saying things about this but I downloaded all of the DLC characters and I use Freddy mother****ing Kruegar as a fatality dummby, and use all of the other mk characters to kill him for practice, that will teach freddy a lesson for being a crappy character

on the ps3 you can go into the dlc menu in mortal kombat and download the characters separately again. have you tried to see if you can do that?

Yeah, tried that too. There just doesn't seem to be a way to have all the dlc and compatibility pack outfits without Freddy being part of the roster.

I guessing this isn't a problem for those that purchased the fighters individually.

Not a huge difference. And my mistake, but your post came off like you were serious.

Its the difference between the analogy making sense and it not making sense. I mean...he is prejudice against freddy in the way someone would be prejudice in my analogy...but when its about a individual not a race...I think its just called not liking the person. He just has a very overly constructed/snooty way to phrase his dislike as if he were one of those golf patrons. Which I found amusing.

As well as not having to see a character I find distasteful show up in ladder mode constantly.

As far as the fifteen bucks goes, it is what it is. Just a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things.

Can't you download Kenshi, Rain and Skarlet again from your dl record?

Last edited:
Oh_look__it_s_THIS_thread_again.jpg

Last edited: