WB Games Announces Comic-Con Mortal Kombat Tournament (Updated)

Jeff Greeson

Administrator
Staff member
<b>NetherRealm Studios</b> and <b>WB Games</b> are hitting up <a href="http://www.comic-con.org/">Comic-Con International</a> this week <b>July 21th - 24th</b> in <b>San Diego, California</b> with a purpose. Along with the finale of <b>Mortal Kombat: Legacy</b> webisode series, <b>NetherRealm Studios</b> is organizing a <a href="http://www.trmk.org/games/mortal_kombat_2011">Mortal Kombat (2011)</a> tournament at <b>GameStop in the Westfield Horton Plaza</b> at <b>503 Horton Plaza, San Diego, CA 92101</b>, within walking distance to the <b>San Diego Convention Center</b>. The event will take place at <b>7pm on Thursday, July 21st</b> and will feature exclusive Comic-Con prizing, the latest DLC characters <b>Rain</b>, <b>Kenshi</b>, <b>Skarlet</b> and the final unannounced mystery character. Also, several developers from <b>NetherRealm Studios</b> will be in attendance.

<center><iframe class="scribd_iframe_embed" src="http://www.scribd.com/embeds/60264300/content?start_page=1&view_mode=list&access_key=key-4mebvh4qd7itxasny3p" data-auto-height="false" data-aspect-ratio="0.646934460887949" scrolling="no" id="doc_90705" width="480" height="640" frameborder="0"></iframe></center>

<b>Update:</b> We've been passed along more details for <b>WB Games'</b> event tomorrow at Comic-Con.

Mortal Kombat has been a massive hit this year, and the hits keep on coming: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is inviting fans to get their Mortal Kombat fix at San Diego ComicCon 2011!

First, the acclaimed Mortal Kombat Legacy series will lead off with a signing at the Warner Bros. Booth (#4545). Fans can come and get autographs and pictures with stars from the series as well as Mortal Kombat co-creator and NetherRealm Studios Creative Director Ed Boon on Thursday, July 21 from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. This will be followed by a “Warner Premiere Digital Series” panel at the Hilton Bayfront – Indigo Room (Thursday, July 21 from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.) where the ninth and final installment of Mortal Kombat Legacy will be world-premiered. During the panel, Ed Boon will make a guest appearance to reveal the identity of the unannounced and much speculated fourth DLC character for Mortal Kombat!

Finally, Mortal Kombat fans will get an exclusive first chance to play with this new warrior before he is available on XBLA or PSN. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is inviting gamers to come to the GameStop near the convention center on Thursday, July 21 from 7:00-10:00 p.m. to get some hands-on time with the latest kombatant alongside Ed Boon and participate in a tournament for some great prizes. Here are the details:

Mortal Kombat GameStop Event – San Diego ComicCon 2011

Timing: 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 21
Address: 530 Horton Plaza, San Diego, CA 92101

Directions from the Convention Center:

1) Head down 1st Street
2) Turn Right on West G St
3) Turn left on 3rd St (enter Horton Plaza)
4) Event is on Level 5 near Macy’s and GameStop

Last edited:
Re: WB Games Announces Comic-Con Mortal Kombat Tournament

so in july 21st we will know who is the fourth dlc character :)

Me on Thursday
kenny.gif

give them developers a message from me:

SORT THAT F**KING ONLINE CRAP OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ hahaha

Yeh, half way through the fight just drop the controller and leave!!
They'll be like "EY!! WHATS UP??" you be like "Im no longer available!"

So curious as to what character it is!!

Im hopin its not tanya. Never liked her. But there will be more dlc characters in the future so its whatever. I was kinda hopin they would make shao kahn a playable character.

Anyone here that lives around there BETTER be going

Anyone have an idea how long the tournament will last? I get off work Thursday at 7 and it takes me 10 minutes to get to downtown from my house, then parking time I'd prolly get there a little before 7:30. It should last more than an hour right? I just wanna watch lol I would play if I didn't have work :/

Hope to see Havik
quan chi from 4
Kenshi from 5
So havik from 6.

Honestly, I'm a bit more excited about the last episode of MK:L.

Damn...5 months ago I literally lived 5 mins away from that spot.............***k ***k ***k ***k ***k ***k! Ok i'm ok now! :)

Bring back khameleon as the 4th downloadable character cause she needs to be in the game as more than just a cameo

Tanya please! I would be happy if its Reiko/Fujin/Havik, but more so if it was Tanya.

anyone know how to enter or is it just a show up and enter type deal? im gone be THUR!!!!!!! i live in SD woot im so happy this isnt at comic-con itself though cause that craps way too busy now :(

TANYA she needs to destroy all these males fighters. well except rain and scorpion.