Transformers: Armada

Webster

Transformers_Armada_by_ryusno.jpg

Transformers: Armada, is a Transformers animated series, comic series and toy line which ran from 2002–2003. It was originally scheduled for 2001, however was delayed until early-2002. As the first series co-produced between the American toy company, Hasbro, and their Japanese counterpart, Takara, Armada begins a new continuity/universe for Transformers, with no ties to any of the previous series, including the immediately prior Transformers: Robots in Disguise in 2001.

The show was criticized by some for having a simplistic plot and one-dimensional characters, but also has a devoted cult following, particularly for its later storylines incorporating Unicron and for its atypical depiction of the longtime fan favorite character Starscream. Ultimately, it is one of the most highly debated Transformers series in terms of quality. It would go on to birth a sequel in the form of Transformers: Energon.

anyone here who's my age probly remembers this when it's first came out in 2002. i loved this show when i was a kid, it was my first taste of transformers and i loved it. now that i'm older and it's faults are more obvious to me, i can still say i love this show.

Never liked anything past G1 to be fair

no offense but it seems like everyone who grew up on G1 seems to feel everything that came out after it sucks. i was at a convention once and i bought the Armada dvd box set and some old school G1 fans near by tried to give me so much crap for it.

None taken. Your right. I will not give anyone shit for anything they like, i just think its as you say, its what you grew up with. I do think the G1 cartoons had better storys for the most part and the animated movie is what sculpted my music tastes to be fair. I love The original Megatron was such a badass. I didnt watch too much armada, wasnt Megatron a car in it or is that another series?

None taken. Your right. I will not give anyone shit for anything they like, i just think its as you say, its what you grew up with. I do think the G1 cartoons had better storys for the most part and the animated movie is what sculpted my music tastes to be fair. I love The original Megatron was such a badass. I didnt watch too much armada, wasnt Megatron a car in it or is that another series?

Megatron was a giant tank in armada. While it does have it's glaring flaws i feel one thing they did get right with armada was StarScream. he still keeps his known attitude but he also eventually developes a real backbone. this scene from from one of the latter episodes more or less sums up what i mean.

I loved the original Transformers, but I didn't care about the story or show. I just cared about the toys and the concept of robots that could change their form and function... especially the Triple Changers and Soundwave.

I haven't really seen anything to do with Armada, but I doubt it could be much more ridiculous than G1 since Megatron would be the same height as Optimus as a robot but then the size of a large pistol in his other form. This is a trend throughout the characters since most of the Decepticons transformed into gadgets that humans would use as a means of espionage. This is pretty lame, to me.