Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Y'all really that upset over one sentence in a character bio, I mean jeez guys, it's kinda sad if I'm being honest.

It is called being passionate about something, homie. We have a very limited time on this planet, so unfortunately for me MK was one of those few things I decided to invest my time in. The time I won't get back.

Aside that. We are mocking the writers. There is nothing to be upset about. It is just pure mockery.

Feel this is an unhealthy amount of passion though, like look, you can do whatever you want to do but, it just doesn't seem worth the effort in the end, I mean I'm a big fan of MK too but even knew when I felt like backing off from the series coming back to it (like now lol). but whatev homie.

Where was all of this anti-SJW smoke back in 1995 with Nightwolf's ending?

... What his ending, have to do with anti-SJW's? Man, you guys just love writing for the sake of writing.

Nightwolf has debuted in 1995... That was his first ending. That was his DEBUT.

I really hope you're not comparing that to Jax's ending in MK11, cause that would be a hilariously bad take.

Feel this is an unhealthy amount of passion though, like look, you can do whatever you want to do but, it just doesn't seem worth the effort in the end, I mean I'm a big fan of MK too but even knew when I felt like backing off from the series coming back to it (like now lol). but whatev homie.

By your logic, you being here is also unhealthy. I mean what effort are we even talking here? Writing a message in a forum? Man, if that takes effort for someone, I pity that individual.

... What his ending, have to do with anti-SJW's? Man, you guys just love writing for the sake of writing.

Nightwolf has debuted in 1995... That was his first ending. That was his DEBUT.

I really hope you're not comparing that to Jax's ending in MK11, cause that would be a hilariously bad take.

So you only have a problem when it's picks and chooses? Cause debut or not it's literally the same thing. Not only that, but the existence of Kitana, Mileena, Sheeva, and your favorite character Frost are ALL the epitome of characters created and molded a certain way to fill in a checkbox. Why are these types of things only treated as issues with MK11 like they haven't been doing this with past games? MKX had a whole scene dedicated to Kung Jin being revealed as gay and no one had an issue that but someway somehow even though Sheeva's bio was something that already existed in the comics it's treated as a problem because of vocabulary words. That's insane.

So you only have a problem when it's picks and chooses? Cause debut or not it's literally the same thing. Not only that, but the existence of Kitana, Mileena, Sheeva, and your favorite character Frost are ALL the epitome of characters created and molded a certain way to fill in a checkbox. Why are these types of things only treated as issues with MK11 like they haven't been doing this with past games? MKX had a whole scene dedicated to Kung Jin being revealed as gay and no one had an issue that but someway somehow even though Sheeva's bio was something that already existed in the comics it's treated as a problem because of vocabulary words. That's insane.

What the f%ck are you talking about...

Just a sincere question. Do any of you actually try to read, before posting anything? One of the reasons why I tend to write long messages is that I am trying to cover as many bases, as I can so the person that reads, really and i mean REALLY GETS IT. But it is useless!

Cause debut or not it's literally the same thing.

Okeeey...

Sigh. One more time. Do you know why nobody had a problem with Kung Jin? He was a brand new character. That's his identity. He was created with that. That's his Foundations. He debuted in MKX as a gay character. Nobody has a problem with that. Same with Nightwolf. He debuted in MK3 as that kind of person.

Sindel on other hand. Two decades ago she was established as Edenian Queen that was brainwashed by Shang Tsung/Kahn and once released from the brainwashing was shown as a kind and benevolent Queen. She was created with that backstory, and people invested time in her due who she was. Now two decades later, the same people are told that Sindel is actually a backstabbing, gold digging whore that killed her own husband, which went against everything that she did in Deception. Naturally people got pissed. They invested their time in this character, because they liked who she was originally and now they are being told that the character they liked is a piece of shit.

That's the difference. If you don't see the difference, then that's your problem. For some people certain characters might have acted as heroes or inspiration. So obviously once someone they looked up to, gets turned into a gold digging murderer, people get pissed as they feel, as if they invested time in the franchise is being mocked.

If they added a new tribe of Shokan that have that mindset and introduced a new female Shokan with that bio, then it would be fine and nobody would say anything. BUT THE PROBLEM is that they REPLACED the original lore of the OG Shokan with that idiotic "males bad, looking down on females" nonsense and removed an EXISTING character, to make Sheeva the first queen.

Also in comics she wasn't called as the first queen. She became Queen after Goro got exiled. That made sense. But now her current BIO alters the ORIGINAL Lore. Do you understand that?

Hell this entire thing could have been avoided if this wasn't related to time travel, but was a pure reboot of the series. If they retold entire series, without Raiden going back in time, I doubt anyone would have a problem. But because this is supposed to be Original Timeline which was altered the moment Raiden received the visions, people see this as bullshit.

EDIT: Just to make sure, that this finally gets through.

THE PROBLEM ISN'T WHAT THEY ADD, THE PROBLEM IS WHAT THEY CHANGE AND TAKE AWAY. Gods. If this doesn't make it clear, then nothing will.

Last edited:
They probably decided that the original concept of Sindel was not working for what they want to do with her and they retconned the crap out of her.

Usually in comic books, this is done with an entire arc focused on this (how forced it looks depends on the writer). Zemo had an entire arc in Thunderbolts to go from psychotic villain with daddy issues to benevolent but cynical puppetmaster. And after a few years when they decided that didn't suit him, they used an entire arc in Captain America to make him evil again.

The problem is that video games (especially fighting ones) do not have that luxury. Sindel and Sheeva are minor characters who appear sporadically in MK games - ergo, it is really hard to make an effective and lore-friendly retcon with them, especially when they attempt to make a Hulk Hogan level of Face/Heel turn like with Sindel, a character who is playable once every ten years.

I'll reserve final Judgement until I see how they'll treat Sindel's character in the story of Aftermath. I do agree however, that if Sindel was evil all along, there was utterly no need for Quan Chi to brainwash her in MK3 and MK9.

Don't know if the devs actually talked about this. My guess is that they didn't want Sindel to be seen as a brainwashed victim of mind control and decided to retcon her as a gold-digger. Not a change I'm fully onboard with, but I can't say I care about the character that much to have a temper tantrum.

I understand her fans having a problem with it, though.

Where was all of this anti-SJW smoke back in 1995 with Nightwolf's ending?

There was nothing SJW about it.
Seriously some of you are grasping at the tiniest straws. :lol:

And since you did bring up Nightwolf.... Ironic, since it's the SJWs who always complained about his previous portrayals, calling it a "racist stereotype" and etc. Oops?

Edit: I'm not going to pollute this thread (but then again, what else is there to do on this God forsaken place? :lol:), Misucra pretty much laid everything out in here. The gist of the problem is that characters with long history are getting shat on while forcing political messages, which this game has been filled to the bloody brim. Nobody cared about Gay Kung Jin because he's a new character. It also wasn't even in your face to begin with. You never seen him going "haaa, I'm gay! I'm so faboloussss! Accept me, bigot! Heterosexual = RAPE!!!" in the game.

I don't care about your American politics, I don't wanna hear about Shao D. Trump or the Refuge crisis, what women should wear or how they should behave, looked down by males etc and etc. I don't play MK to get my political fix or how to become a "better" person, because frankly the people giving this "advice" should look in the mirror first. I play MK to ram your head through your asshole.

Last edited:
Kitana beating Shao Kahn really messed you up, huh?

My daddy!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Edit: Hahah nice edit. No parties or gym with lockdown in place. But never thought I'd see a 40 year old act like a 10 year old. Covid-19 does mircales!

Last edited:
My daddy!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Edit: Hahah nice edit. No parties or gym with lockdown in place. But never thought I'd see a 40 year old act like a 10 year old. Covid-19 does mircales!

Yeah, because making a snarky remark at you wanting to shove heads up at other people's assholes clearly make me the immature one.

Yeah, because making a snarky remark at you wanting to shove heads up at other people's assholes clearly make me the immature one.

Does this give you PTSD?

Anyways this isn't going anywhere. Wake me up when you have something interesting to say....

Last edited:
Well, when they decide to make the Mortal Kombat equivalent of Snowflake or Safespace as a debut character I better not see one complaint since they'd be new characters because these receipts will be brought back up.

Well, when they decide to make the Mortal Kombat equivalent of Snowflake or Safespace as a debut character I better not see one complaint since they'd be new characters because these receipts will be brought back up.

Look. If I were you, I would be silent about this topic at this point. The amount of missed shots due ignorance is over 9000.

"Receipts will be brought up." Who gives a shit? MK Lore is gone. We simply mocked Sheeva retcon.At this point I don't care anymore, even if they were tol make Raiden into a God of Rainbows and Gay.
Sure, I and someone like Xenon will mock it, then you or Nickolaidas will treat it as a "tantrum", cause anything longer than 2 sentence is an effort for you to read and that will be it.
Either way, I am busy just writing my own fan fiction of MK, so really don't care. as MK games at this point are just a cheap parody, cause they are written by someone who has no clue about OG MK lore.

And judging by the leak above. The story won't be going anywhere impressive anyway.

Last edited:
In the meantime here is Mortal Kombat:
We went from 6 to 3 realms.
10.000 year old Kitana acts like she is 20.
Edenian society is the the same as human soecity. (Kitana's ending shows Edenia with European style buildings)
"WAHMEN POWER".

This is a really good post! Especially the part about characters who are really old acting cringe- Kitana, Shinnok, Quan Chi.

Johnny and Cassie supposedly have more life experience and joke at their expense

This is a really good post! Especially the part about characters who are really old acting cringe- Kitana, Shinnok, Quan Chi.

Johnny and Cassie supposedly have more life experience and joke at their expense

That's the problem with writers using insane age numbers and not realizing the weight behind that. Can the person still be cheerful and act like a kid 10.000 years later? Probably. But it wouldn't change the fact that they have insane amount of experience/wisdom.

So, when I saw Kitana being tossed like a kid by Liu Kang in MK9, I was cringing, knowing that one of them has served under Shao Kahn for 10k years while being trained in Assassination art.
Speaking of which. Kitana betrayed her "father" pretty quickly, for someone who spent 10k years with him. You would think that growing up under Shao Kahn for such a long period of time, she would inherit a lot of Outworld's culture and would be a stone cold killer. Instead, you get a child like Princess, that hasn't figure out her place in the world and jumped the ship, cause the people she has known for less than a week, told her that the individual she spent 10k years with is bad.

If there was any actual REALISTIC character development (as mentioned before by certain someone), then Kitana would literally just shit on Liu Kang and mock him for saying shit about her father.

Overall, they don't even know how to simulate an ancient character.

Last edited: