Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I don't understand the complaints about the roster size. It's similar to the past MK games other established fighters.

It's not the complaint about the roster size, but rather klassics vs new / MKX / 3D era character chances of being in, given a roster of that size and with Boon saying that they listened to people who wanted the missing klassic characters from MKX.

Dude I still cannot believe that Kabal is back. Of all the characters they could've brought back, they bring in Big Papa. I am so happy right now.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao:
gwl9bl8xi1b21.jpg

Cassie?
wysgnbyoh1b21.png

Johnny on the SF stage:
77zxkvwxf1b21.jpg

Whose attack could this be? Maybe Shang Tsung?
tzbf0s3cf1b21.jpg

It's not the complaint about the roster size, but rather klassics vs new / MKX / 3D era character chances of being in, given a roster of that size and with Boon saying that they listened to people who wanted the missing klassic characters from MKX.
If they bring back those stupid kids but not Kotal I will never forgive them D:

MK11 seems to have a Deception vibe with the roster. Deception brought back a lot of old fan favorites because they haven't shown up in a game since MKT or MKG at the time.

If they bring back those stupid kids but not Kotal I will never forgive them D:

Hate to break it to you but Cassie, Kung Jin, and Takeda were well received by tournament players and people who played MKX online a lot. Chances of those any of those three being in MK11 are good enough.

Hate to break it to you but Cassie, Kung Jin, and Takeda were well received by tournament players and people who played MKX online a lot. Chances of those any of those three being in MK11 are good enough.

Kotal too. There's no way he's going to sit this one out.

I don't understand the complaints about the roster size. It's similar to the past MK games other established fighters.

At this point (atleast for me) the issue is a combination of a few things:
1) MKDA and MKD were released back to back and, for better or worse, drastically changed up the rosters in interesting ways.
2) MKD in particular brought back fan favorites from MK3 specifically because most of them were non-existent in MK4 and MKDA.
3) Mortal Kombat is the only fight aside from DoA and to some extent Tekken where the audience actually cares about the story. They even showcased a story teaser on stage at a gameplay reveal event. Do you know how terrible Dragon Ball Z would be if the only people you saw fighting in every season were the Z-Fighters, Vegita, Nappa, and Raditz?
4) People literally asked them for post-MK3 characters since MK9's dlc and they still failed to deliver. Knowing that over 1/3 of the roster isn't from MK4, MKX, or the PS2-era is very worrying considering only 14 or less characters are gonna be split between Classics, Post-Classics, and MKX newbies.

The only way people would be more considerate is in the case of SFV (if it started with 24 characters) where you can get the DLC for free by playing the game or if they play russian-roulette and put DLC characters as NPC fights in the story mode.

Hoping that Fujin doesn’t get fooked out of being in yet a 3rd game.
So, since Boon mentioned adding the characters that people complained most about not being in the last game, I guess that Rain, Sindel, Noob and Jade can also be added to that list?

I think at least this time they could have started out with 28-30 characters. Especially considering Injustice 2 had 28 at launch.

But hey, there's people that actually think all fighters should have an Armageddon and Smash Ultimate sized roster. Which even I have to admit is unrealistic.

Hoping that Fujin doesn’t get fooked out of being in yet a 3rd game.
So, since Boon mentioned adding the characters that people complained most about not being in the last game, I guess that Rain, Sindel, Noob and Jade can also be added to that list?

Of these, I'd say Noob and Jade are possible. Doubt well see Rain, Fujin or Sindel - hope I'm wrong.