Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

I have seen theories of Shinnok returning since he was never killed off in the original timeline (It was his clone that was killed off in the battle of Armageddon). However, I doubt NRS will do repeats again even if he is not a boss character.

I hope not.
While I know that in MK "no one stays dead forever," I DO hope that Quan Chi, Shinnok and Mileena stay dead for a game.
Let's have some new villains for MK11.
I'm crossing my fingers that Shao Kahn is also just DLC and not an arcade ladder sub-boss like what happened with Goro in MKX.

On steam the developer for the PC Version of MK11 is listed as NRS, QLOC, and Shiver

That's because QLOC replaced High Voltage. HVS was the first studio to work on it. They also did MK9 (and even that one sucked as a port. All content unlocked making Krypt useless, certain maps not loading in Arcade mode, framedrops at certain stages (that got fixed a year later).

After MKX PC port received insane amount of negative reviews and pissed off entire community, NRS/WB got rif of the High Voltage and replaced them with QLOC. The same guys who were responsible for flawless Street Fighter ports.
Hence why Injustice 2 PC version is smooth AF.

I hope not.
While I know that in MK "no one stays dead forever," I DO hope that Quan Chi, Shinnok and Mileena stay dead for a game.
I'm crossing my fingers that Shao Kahn is also just DLC and not an arcade ladder sub-boss like what happened with Goro in MKX.

There is a chance character like Mileena, will be DLC or won't even appear in story. Maybe just mentioned. If what they said is true about MK11 concentrating on Esports, then there is a very high chance that there will be characters just for the sake of playing them, rather than having them in story mode.

I hope not.

NRS already is giving us new villains for MK11. They just happen to be 2 primary heroes and a secondary hero from previous games.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

There is a chance character like Mileena, will be DLC or won't even appear in story. Maybe just mentioned. If what they said is true about MK11 concentrating on Esports, then there is a very high chance that there will be characters just for the sake of playing them, rather than having them in story mode.

Hence why Kung Lao and Kitana were on the main roster in MKX. Also if I’m not mistaken one the guys who works for the NRS team is/was a pro player who competed in the MK game based tournaments.

There is a chance character like Mileena, will be DLC or won't even appear in story. Maybe just mentioned.

Hopefully.
It'll be nice to see other characters getting a chance to shine.

Hence why Kung Lao and Kitana were on the main roster in MKX. Also if I’m not mistaken one the guys who works for the NRS team is/was a pro player who competed in the MK game based tournaments.

Yes, OSU16Bit (aka Steve Brownback).

I wished Kung Lao and Kitana were not in MKX.

Now that Kitana is Empress of the Netherrealm makes sense that she might be necessary in MK11, but Kung Lao...

Unfortunately, just like the cover, the roster is not made by what makes sense to the story or mostly what could be interesting, despite the fact NRS gives lots of kredits to their 20+ year story.

I hope Kung Lao is not in this time and gives space to others to shine, but I'm already in peace that I'll be seeing him. Plese, just don't come with older non existent version as preset. Specially for Liu Kang. It's all I ask about them.

Kung Lao for the most part was nothing more than a sidekick for Liu Kang. The only time he wasn’t a sidekick and had a purpose was when Liu Kang was killed in the events leading up to MKDA and in the non-canon MK Shaolin Monks.

Kung Lao did absolutely nothing in MKX other than blame Raiden for his death. That was your fault Kung Lao you got arrogant and started gloating not knowing that Shao Khan was sneaking up behind you only to snap your neck.

Last edited:
Well, there is another thing I'd like to bring about the first leak, considering the second, the one with the cover, might be true and mentioned Geras and Kronika.

If Kronika is the real deal, big bad and is possibly working with Raiden to erase multiple timelines (this makes much more sense about Dark Raiden than becoming a konqueror IMO, because this seems like "a greater good" he would try to achieve no matter what), and Geras is choosing warriors to go against them, considering the leak, what "multiple endings" did she appear in previous games?

[...]

Just a small BS I came up with a few years ago. In Shinnok's ending, the One Being eats the Elder Gods, and that reminded me a lot of what Chronos, the titan of time in Greek Mythology, does with his kids.

So I asked John Vogel if the One Being could be the Elder Gods' father, since he would not only eat them, but they had to kill the OB to become the rulers of the realms. There is one that is set to be the ruler of the underworld and seems like time started to be set after his "death".

He answered that that wasn't the intention and they were adversaries, as far as we know. Now that we can have a character named Kronika, goddess of time, I imagine what are the chances that this could have inspired him (who knows!) and what if she might be trying to reunite her father or something like this.

Assuming Boon isn't trolling with that artwork then obviously that suggests the leak is true, which means we're getting that bloody awful MMA woman as a voice artist - which is terrible, because she isn't a voice actor (which, as expressed earlier by another user, is a very specific talent that requires actual acting skills).

It'll be interesting to see who is revealed, then. I mean most of the roster must be pretty much done by this point given that they aren't going to be doing much actual design work during the final three months before release. Presumably the game will go gold relatively soon.

It isn't like Sonya had an incredible voice in MKX. It was just serviceable. I doubt Rousey will be much worse.

I couldn't stand JC's voice. So much better in MK9. That "HOOOAAAAAH" scream with you did the nutpunch. :lol: Or Quan's "WOOLAY!".

Sonya was...meh. She was supposed to sound older. Its her behaviour that was puke inducing.

I think that Rousey would fit better with Cassie, since she was also in MMA against Frost in the MKX comics and Rousey seemed to be good at talking trash (from what I remember way back, I don't follow her much but heard that she's in WWE now).

I dunno.
I'll wait and see how this turns out, but I'm not too worried about it.

I do wish your hopeful thoughts are well placed indeed.

I have bad history with this kind of decision.

IDK how popular it is in US, but here in Brazil, as we have good voice actors, but the profession is not always granted what it deserves and we have lots of "celebs".

Sure Rousey is an "actor" but the way she acts is through body language and not monologues or using the inflection of her voice.

Only good thing is they could've done hundreds of retakes with her to get it right so I'm sure the finished product wont suffer for it