Tanya's Gameplay speculation thread - Special Moves and Variations

It definately is. I mean, it was Tanya's bone-breaking throw in MK4/Gold, which was kinda the precursor to the X-Ray moves (kinda but not really), so it would indeed be perfect for her X-Ray move!

In all seriousness, that's her most iconic move. Even the haters mention it as soon as she's brought up.
They gotta bring that back. It'll be crazy not to.

In all seriousness, that's her most iconic move. Even the haters mention it as soon as she's brought up.
They gotta bring that back. It'll be crazy not to.

I might be biased (which I totally am), but I've always seen her Corkscrew Kick to be her iconic move... but yeah, bias because Cammy from SF is another fave of mine and shares that move. :3

I might be biased (which I totally am), but I've always seen her Corkscrew Kick to be her iconic move... but yeah, bias because Cammy from SF is another fave of mine and shares that move. :3

You mention cammy whenever we mention Tanya's moves.
Let's focus on Tanya, not SF.

You mention cammy whenever we mention Tanya's moves.
Let's focus on Tanya, not SF.

Tanya has one of Cammy's moves. So of course.

Edit: Oh, and it's my favourite move for both of them. ^^
cammy-cannondrill.gif

Last edited:
If her Neck-breaker is one of her fatalities they better pull some serious magic.
I don't want her to be the laughing stock who has the bloodless fatality like Kano in MKvDC.
Her MKD fatalities were embarassing enough. Leg-bone fatality was OK, but the impale, that was literally a no-brainer. They need to redeem themselves.

Cammy's Drill has different properties (Tanya's is more of a one-hit knock up) but they're still the same move. Would be cool to see them use it on each other in a future MK vs SF game lol (would never happen tbh)

Cammy's Drill has different properties (Tanya's is more of a one-hit knock up) but they're still the same move. Would be cool to see them use it on each other in a future MK vs SF game lol (would never happen tbh)

Yeah, Tanya's drill is more like Mileena's ball roll. It better be in, I need it for my juggle game. ;)

part of the reason she appealed to me in the first place. Her and Mileena are my favs :love:

and in MKX, it'll be my go-to "wakeup" move.

Yeppp, that's why it'd better be in!! I'm maining Mileena at the moment but I'll switch so fast. (Mileena's so punishable; hopefully Tanya will be less so.)

- The Corkscrew Kick should be a pop-move, like Mileena's ball roll move, making way for juggling.
- The Split Flip Kick would be a knockout move which would be a good combo ender. Basically the same as Kung Jin's, but hopefully with a faster recovery.
- The Neckbreaker will hopefully be part of her X-Ray.

I wonder if she will keep that backflip kick she has in Story Mode now. I kinda like it, it's a good anti-air move. And I like that the meterburn version has her shoot a fireball while still in air.